"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scientist Fu » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Demigra was never a demon. He was always a Evil Kai.
Was it ever officially stated that he was an evil kai? I did read here that it was never officially declared that Demigra nor Mechikabura were Evil Kais/Makaio Shins, it was just a theory among fans.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Demigra was effectively confirmed to be a Makaioshin ever since his backstory involved him being a potential vyer for the Supreme Kai of Time position.

Of course, Mechikabura also qualified, because for some reason he's just another redundant version of Demigra.

Make sense his earrings are Potara.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:51 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:23 pm
Majin Demigra wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:42 pm Ok I think Demigra being confirmed to have POTARA EARRINGS is another one of the many things saying that he and the other Demons are evil Shinjin/Makaioshin.
This probably also applies to his underlings who y isfought Cronoa with him the first time
Literally every piece of media says he and the others are demons after getting booted to the Demon Realm, he even helped create it. Towa has potarra and she's related to DEMON KING Dabura who had none before becoming a god. It's pretty obvious that evil Shinjin become demons when they get kicked down into the demon realm.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:59 pm

It might not necessarily be something inherent to Shinjin - there are several examples in the series of characters becoming demons by associating with dark forces or just being pure evil, and Dragon Ball Fusions actually had a couple Namekian characters who became demons just by spending time in the Demon Realm.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Majin Demigra wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:51 am
Majin Demigra wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:42 pm Ok I think Demigra being confirmed to have POTARA EARRINGS is another one of the many things saying that he and the other Demons are evil Shinjin/Makaioshin.
This probably also applies to his underlings who y isfought Cronoa with him the first time
Literally every piece of media says he and the others are demons after getting booted to the Demon Realm, he even helped create it. Towa has potarra and she's related to DEMON KING Dabura who had none before becoming a god. It's pretty obvious that evil Shinjin become demons when they get kicked down into the demon realm.
The term "demon" might just be a title due to their evil and malicious nature. We know for certain characters like Demigra, Mechikabura were all vying for the position of Supreme Kai of Time along with Chronoa, who eventually gets the position. Putine and Gravy were also around.
So that points to them being evil kais/Makaio/Makaioshin imo. They later made the demon realm after being banished. Perhaps the titles Demon King/Dark King is similar to the Kai/Supreme Kai titles. The actual demons being the creatures they've created in the demon realm, the same way Supreme Kai's created life in the other universes.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:44 am

Kinda strange that Heroes got to so much lore about Makai and the Universe Seed before Super did

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:28 am

Hilarious how many people across all of Heroes already gave away their Potara to Goku and Vegeta :lol:

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:28 am Hilarious how many people across all of Heroes already gave away their Potara to Goku and Vegeta :lol:
Heroes' secondary title should effectively be "Dragon Ball Fusions" if it weren't taken already. If it's not the Potara, it's the fusion dance; somehow, in every battle there must be a fusion. I kind of like it, the absurdity of it follows well from the Boo arc's reliance on the concept and the drawbacks and advantages of fusion is something I wish Super (and GT also) would have explored more. Fusion is an overpowered plot device just waiting to be used whenever in a pinch, yet it's mostly ignored. Post-Boo arc stories ignore the impact Fusion should have on the plot and character decisions, likely because it is simple to ignore it rather than address it, but I'm happy that Heroes actually takes the concept in the opposite direction and abuses it whenever possible.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:11 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:42 pm I'm happy that Heroes actually takes the concept in the opposite direction and abuses it whenever possible.
Yeah, but I really wish they would make more Fusions plot relevant like Vegetrunks or especially my favorite Whirus (if they ever add him) rather than relying on multiple Vegettos and Gogetas.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:24 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:11 pm
Yuji wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:42 pm I'm happy that Heroes actually takes the concept in the opposite direction and abuses it whenever possible.
Yeah, but I really wish they would make more Fusions plot relevant like Vegetrunks or especially my favorite Whirus (if they ever add him) rather than relying on multiple Vegettos and Gogetas.
That reminds me wasn't the original fusion planned in the Buu saga Goku and Gohan? Really weird that Heroes has slept through such a combination after already doing Vegetrunks and Gohanks in the past, even weirder when you consider how strong Xeno Gohan is on par with Goku and Vegeta (or was before Limit Breaker was introduced) so it's not like bothering with Xeno Goten who is nowhere nearly as strong to make the fusion worth it (Would still like to see him fuse with his Dad and Brother regardless)

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Dumb and random realization: if for whatever reason they still refuse to give Turles Super Saiyan, wouldn't it be possible to give him whatever power up Mechikaboola gave King Vegeta? You know, the dark eyes with a bit of red hair and such. Maybe Fuu could give it to him randomly. I'm just trying to come up with reasons for why they would bring him back but not give him anything new.
This probably also applies to his underlings who fought Cronoa with him the first time
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:07 am They still have design differences tho,
Colors(and mask) aside, they had only 1 design difference: the scar on the chest.
cfr. https://imgur.com/a/DXbcJm0
on the left, SS4Broly Full Power (regular SS4 Broly doesn't show the scar on his chest)
on the right, Broly Dark without the Dark Dragon Ball.
I know, but the way darker skin and red eyes are still important design diferences, specially considering that the new form is basically just a color change on the hair (see Limit Breaker SS4 Goku without aura for reference, the fur is still the same color, so Broly Dark would keep the brown fur, dark skin and Red eyes...not sure if that would fit the form aesthetically, there is only so much you can cover with the aura). IMHO of course.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:24 pm
Xeogran wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:11 pm
That reminds me wasn't the original fusion planned in the Buu saga Goku and Gohan? Really weird that Heroes has slept through such a combination after already doing Vegetrunks and Gohanks in the past, even weirder when you consider how strong Xeno Gohan is on par with Goku and Vegeta (or was before Limit Breaker was introduced) so it's not like bothering with Xeno Goten who is nowhere nearly as strong to make the fusion worth it (Would still like to see him fuse with his Dad and Brother regardless)
I remember being excited when Vegenks was introduced, thinking Goku+Gohan would be next and we would see new and interesting concepts. But nah, it seems they just want to play it extremely safe (specially now that whatever fusion would use SS4 and complicate things more). Despite Heroes' reputation with the fandom they don't really do crazy stuff most of the time.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:56 pm

Dumb and random realization: if for whatever reason they still refuse to give Turles Super Saiyan, wouldn't it be possible to give him whatever power up Mechikaboola gave King Vegeta? You know, the dark eyes with a bit of red hair and such. Maybe Fuu could give it to him randomly. I'm just trying to come up with reasons for why they would bring him back but not give him anything new.
Turles has yet to have his moment in the current arc, it was Bojack and Super 17 turn last time but their battles have been completely ignored so far and the only thing we know for sure is they were about to have a fight some of the Super cast, i was thinking that was gonna be end for them but now i'm not so sure regardless Turless is not dead and he should have his moment to shine at some point, Super Saiyan or beyond should be the way to go but last time they used him they completely made up some lame transformation that nobody wanted instead of what would make the most sense, they are sometimes really weird like that.
I remember being excited when Vegenks was introduced, thinking Goku+Gohan would be next and we would see new and interesting concepts. But nah, it seems they just want to play it extremely safe (specially now that whatever fusion would use SS4 and complicate things more). Despite Heroes' reputation with the fandom they don't really do crazy stuff most of the time.
The golden age is gone, don't know why exactly but is just like you said they play it really safe like too much, doesn't feel like Heroes anymore, all they do is promote the same characters and fusions all the time like we haven't seen them thousands of times already and make like dozen cards of them each set.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:31 am

How lone has these storylines about evil kais/demons been going on?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:18 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:31 am How lone has these storylines about evil kais/demons been going on?
Since God Mission IIRC, that around the time they started implementing DBO stuff into Heroes.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:33 am

I would like to see Fu get long and fluffy hair like Mechikabura when he transforms.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:26 pm
Noah wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:35 pmThat's something I believe Heroes will never do (have a character with a transformation that mix both GT and Super elements), though I prefer this design to the red-haired SSJ4 Vegetto.
But why not? It's not like the story is important. It's all about the money isn't it? If they can Golden Cooler, Trunks/Vegito fusion and a Super Saiyan 4 Gohan then why can't they do more? There's even a Super Saiyan 4 Broly. A Legendary Great Ape Broly. They make up all sorts so I don't why they would at something like that.
Cause that's a bold move. You see both GT and Super are sequels to Z, but one is not the continuation of the other, they are like different universes. That's why we have two Goku and Vegeta in the animated shorts.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:18 am

Stuff revealed at Jump Festa

Set of cards recreating the We Gotta Power OP

Demon Goddess Robel

Limit Breaker FP SSJ4 Broly

Shintani's Anniversary card is Gogeta Blue

And another transforming Goku SEC

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:33 am

Do you believe that now that the Moro arc ended it would be the time for him to enter the fray in the form of cards? Or do we have to wait this arc to end as well since it's a 'continuation' to Moro? Cuase I can see why they may not use Super's Broly all that much (og Broly has been around for longer) but Moro has had his arc completed.
P O W E R

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:39 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:18 am Limit Breaker FP SSJ4 Broly
Uh, they did recolor his SS4 form and not his SS4Full Power form. Weird.