"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:55 am

And here I was expecting a cool Hearts vs Fu battle, as we never saw them interact before :cry:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:18 am

Does anyone know why fans stropped translating the manga, I know it's free and hard work but like it only comes out every two months.

There hasn't been an update for 3 months and that was chapter 3. Isn't 5 or 6 out soon?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:53 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:18 am Does anyone know why fans stropped translating the manga, I know it's free and hard work but like it only comes out every two months.

There hasn't been an update for 3 months and that was chapter 3. Isn't 5 or 6 out soon?
Real life happened but two new translated chapters should come out soon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Limit Breaker SSJ4 is kinda a meh form, it looks like Rosé but with Oozaru fur and tail.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:05 pm

Noah wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:35 pm Limit Breaker SSJ4 is kinda a meh form, it looks like Rosé but with Oozaru fur and tail.
It really is but is not supposed to be like some sort of ultimate new form like if they decided to introduce SS5 but more like a ''in between'' complement form like Goku God Blue with Kaioken or Vegeta Blue Evolution.

They needed to upgrade the SS4 Xeno characters since they were a step behind God Blue and this was the best way to do so, now at the very least Limit Breaker should make them equal.

Now more than the new form being lame or not I'm tired of how Goku and Vegeta are the only characters doing anything always, i know they are by far the strongest and it is to be expected but at least they had the other characters doing support once in a while, both Gohan and Goten gone for no reason before it even started and they haven't even really come back yet because they are freaking ded, Trunks who is more of a main character than those two and SSG to boot hasn't done anything in this arc, just like Pan he kinda just hangs around but at the end Goku and Vegeta take care of everything and now there is TWO of each, even the Super characters like Gohan and 17 who look like were starting their own battles have been completely forgotten in the game, by far the worst arc i have seen so far in the history of this game or since they started doing original stories anyway.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:59 am

Lots of stuff from BM7 was shown as the end of the anime episode, but since I can+t share images right now I can't add much other than my own impressions. We got Dark DBs once again, which honestly seems like it will reduce most of the villains' roles. Golden Frieza and Golden Metal Cooler are the first two. I assume Cell, Turles, Bojack and Broly will be others but that's pure speculation on my part. Who could the last one be?

Masked Saiyan returns, most people seem to think it's Goku Black but I honestly think it's just Xeno Bardock again, the outfit is quite similar. We also get a team up between Goku and Hearts which is honestly really cool. I wish Hearts got a better outfit but he looks surprisingly cool with his hair down anyways. I also have no idea who the hooded guy is supposed to be, but given he has an odd scar on one hand he's probably a new character altogether. Oh, and Omen Goku with black shirt looks so good.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:59 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:59 am Masked Saiyan returns, most people seem to think it's Goku Black but I honestly think it's just Xeno Bardock again
Would be a big troll if it was Bardock despite being dressed all in black

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:43 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:59 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:59 am Masked Saiyan returns, most people seem to think it's Goku Black but I honestly think it's just Xeno Bardock again
Would be a big troll if it was Bardock despite being dressed all in black
Thing is, he has literally the same mask and arm armour bit that Xeno Bardock used on his latest custome (you can see it in-game when he gets attacked in the trailer). I don't see why they would not give Black a brand new mask. They have never repeated them. More than a big troll it would be more like people jumping to conclusions in typical fandom fashion, but we Will see. I Will just say, he doesn't even have a potara earing lol
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:14 am

I think it's Goku Black. It just kind of makes sense when you think about it. Heroes already brought back Fused Zamasu, so it makes sense to bring back Goku Black too, another very popular and iconic antagonist from Super.

It's interesting that, if it is Goku Black, he isn't wearing the Potara earring. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that he already merged into Fused Zamasu or something like that. He might have unmerged after Fused Zamasu was "killed" by Hearts and then lost the earring...? I don't know, I have no clue on what is going on in this show.

Also, there's a rosé-coloured light coming from his mask, this to me is further confirmation that it's Goku Black.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:39 am

Gonna go with Goku on this one. Most of the times we can still see Bardock's headband when his back appears, the back of the head of this new Masked Saiyan appears and no headband is present (might be just an oversight). We know Dragon Ball Heroes isn't afraid to turn the very protagonist into a temporary enemy, unlike some other media out there. Also, his and Bardock's masks are identical (because duh, Bardock and Goku also are identical), so I'm gonna bet it's Goku.

Goku Black would be my second option. If it turns out to be Goku Black, hopefully Heroes shows him with Super Saiyan eventually, even though that's still a manga thing.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:24 am

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:06 pm

Next month... maybe...?

I'm going to be so sad if it really is just fucking Bardock.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:31 pm

Is definitely Black, the outfit is nearly identical to the one Black wears, the glow in his mask is pink and his body type is leaner than Goku or Bardock's.

That said, I'm pretty upset at the TP getting taken off the table like that.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:55 pm

So many news ~

I just noticed that Fu's ideals are somewhat "similar" to Zamasu's. Both of them want to make their own ideal universe. Other than that, I'm happy to see that Goku and Hearts will team up at some point, always wanted to see that. As for that Masked guy, for me it's clearly Black, his outfit is just the representation of his signature colors and about Frieza/Cooler I gotta say that I'm not expecting much from them, they all look like they will be useful for one or two episodes and then left away.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:08 pm

Goku teaming up with Hearts looks promising. Other than that, nothing exciting. Really hoping it's Bardock in black suit, that would make the most sense and everybody loves Bardock let's face it. We still didn't see Bardock SSJ4 in anime as well. Roberu vs Towa "fight" was underwhelming even for SDBH standards though, but Vegetto vs Fu was fine. (the last part is about anime episode)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:06 pm

So are Super Goku and Vegeta the only ''good guys'' that were sent to the new universe other than Hearts? in the anime Demigra used his Time Labyrinth power to seal Fu like it was supposed to happen but made it look like Xeno Vegetto was caught up in it too, no signals of the rest of the Super or Time Patrol cast either, not even Trunks i swear to God if it's gonna be those two only for the remainder of this arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:13 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm I wonder if Baby could infect Cell, since he's only part Saiyan, and has been genetically engineered?
I always feel like Baby Freeza would be more likely because they both share the same hate for Saiyans. I'm surprise it has not happen yet in DB Heroes.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:16 pm

I'm not. Sure, they share this "hatred" for Saiyans, but their connection isn't that strong. It's not like Baby and Hatchiyack for example, who match each other more than Baby and Freeza ever would/could.

Then again, it's not even "hate" that Freeza has towards Saiyans, it's fear. So there's no theme here to play with, and so there's not much Heroes can do.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:03 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:16 pm I'm not. Sure, they share this "hatred" for Saiyans, but their connection isn't that strong. It's not like Baby and Hatchiyack for example, who match each other more than Baby and Freeza ever would/could.

Then again, it's not even "hate" that Freeza has towards Saiyans, it's fear. So there's no theme here to play with, and so there's not much Heroes can do.
He also possesed Janemba way before when the game was fairly new and there wasn't any kind of ''connection''

Honestly Frieza, Cell or whoever other villian plus Baby would be cool and it has been a really long while since the last time they did it and beats bringing Frieza and Cooler sticking a dark dragon ball in them and call it a day, if they can't come up with new exciting forms for old characters anymore they could start fusing/combining them with other villians for a changue and they doesn't really need to fusion dance or use Potara either since they can always use dark magic or whatever other mumbo jumbo is needed to justify it, they do it all the time after all.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:19 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:03 pmHe also possesed Janemba way before when the game was fairly new and there wasn't any kind of ''connection''
Not from Baby's point of view anyway. Janemba was the strongest movie villain, makes sense that he gets more power (i.e Majin and Baby possession, and both at the same time).

~ Day of the Machines ~