"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Meshack » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:57 am

Even if there's no actual story, what happens during the God Mission Arcs? Is it was it is in the trailers for God Mission?

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:15 am

Dragon Ball Heroes 6th Anniversary. Can someone translate this, please? It contains artworks and Akira Toriyama commentary:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201610/21118785.html

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:34 am

So Freeza will have yet another form, huh? I wonder what is that on his chest. :think:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:46 am

Grimlock wrote:So Freeza will have yet another form, huh? I wonder what is that on his chest. :think:
Is a power-up, he merged with a Dark Dragon Ball.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:09 am

I didn't notice but they named him, it's Xeno Freeza. So Freeza will be related to the Time Breakers somehow and got this powered-up state.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:13 am

Also, seems we've moved on from the Dark Demon Realm Arc to the Dark Empire Arc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:25 pm

If I'm not mistaken an Heroes event is scheduled for this sunday isn't it??? Man all i ask for is information about a new SS4, but since this month's V-Jump magazine didn't really have anything we already had seen except for that Vegeta/Trunks Xeno Fusion, i'm not sure if i really should be hyped about this.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Dragotaker wrote:If I'm not mistaken an Heroes event is scheduled for this sunday isn't it??? Man all i ask for is information about a new SS4, but since this month's V-Jump magazine didn't really have anything we already had seen except for that Vegeta/Trunks Xeno Fusion, i'm not sure if i really should be hyped about this.
You really thought they would reveal such big deal that is meant to be exclusive to the anniversary event in a magazine? Even when this never happened before? Dude just relax. Sunday will come and big surprises are waiting to be revealed, just sit there, grab a popcorn and wait.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Also, seems we've moved on from the Dark Demon Realm Arc to the Dark Empire Arc.
That's interesting, I wonder how the manga will follow.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Seem's like Toriyama's comment is just him being amazed that were in the 6th year and thanks everyone for enjoying his work after all these years, thanks and congratulates on the Bandai staff on success, etc.. Basically the usual stuff. That's what I gathered from it all.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Xeztin wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Such a awful design, never been a fan of father-son fusions though
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Does anyone know if there's a website that has the card renders for Heroes like these?
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
Famitsu had these and 8 others that I've found over the past. Just curious if there was anywhere to get the card or promotional renders on their own.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:34 pm

HECTOR4 wrote:Dragon Ball Heroes 6th Anniversary. Can someone translate this, please? It contains artworks and Akira Toriyama commentary:

There will be an event on October 23rd commemorating Heroes' 6th anniversary and over 500 million cards shipped with attendance of Masako Nozawa and Ryou Horikawa. It will have news about Super Dragon Ball Heroes, games and talk about the recording of Dragon Ball Super.

Akira Toriyama's comment:

"Thank you for continuing to play Dragon Ball Heroes! It seems it's the 6th anniversary! I'm really happy, as the author, to have everyone playing and enjoying it for so long! In November, it will evolve into Super Dragon Ball Heroes and it seems it will become even more fun! That's great!

Even Bandai's staff won't stop evolving.

Please keep enjoying the game's super battles!!"

Bottom picture: Vegeeks, Freeza: Xeno and Demon God Towa from the "Dark Empire arc".

Super Dragon Ball Heroes will start on November 17th and will feature several new characters for the franchise.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:30 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
HECTOR4 wrote:Dragon Ball Heroes 6th Anniversary. Can someone translate this, please? It contains artworks and Akira Toriyama commentary:

There will be an event on October 23rd commemorating Heroes' 6th anniversary and over 500 million cards shipped with attendance of Masako Nozawa and Ryou Horikawa. It will have news about Super Dragon Ball Heroes, games and talk about the recording of Dragon Ball Super.

Akira Toriyama's comment:

"Thank you for continuing to play Dragon Ball Heroes! It seems it's the 6th anniversary! I'm really happy, as the author, to have everyone playing and enjoying it for so long! In November, it will evolve into Super Dragon Ball Heroes and it seems it will become even more fun! That's great!

Even Bandai's staff won't stop evolving.

Please keep enjoying the game's super battles!!"

Bottom picture: Vegeeks, Freeza: Xeno and Demon God Towa from the "Dark Empire arc".

Super Dragon Ball Heroes will start on November 17th and will feature several new characters for the franchise.
Thank you very much alakazam^!!!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Does anyone know if there's a website that has the card renders for Heroes like these?
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
Famitsu had these and 8 others that I've found over the past. Just curious if there was anywhere to get the card or promotional renders on their own.
Well that Trunks is from Dokkan Battle I can tell

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Well that Trunks is from Dokkan Battle I can tell
Which would both make sense and also be odd. I wonder if that means the other 8 are too. Well, Heroes or Dokkan Battle, then! :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:43 pm

Are Vegeks: Xeno, Demon God Towa, Freeza: Xeno, etc. part of SDBH or just DBH?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:15 am

Meshack wrote:Are Vegeks: Xeno, Demon God Towa, Freeza: Xeno, etc. part of SDBH or just DBH?
Super Heroes. The regular version basically doesn't exist anymore since it won't be seeing any sort of significant updates with Super Heroes launching in less than a month.

As for your previous question, Heroes has 4 original arcs so far. There is story, but for the most part, there's not reeeeally story.
  • Dark Demon Realm Arc - Towa and Mira appear and cause chaos to gather kiri. During the story, they lose control of the Masked Saiyan (Bardock), and Mira is forced to break his armor and achieve his true power as Super Mira.
    Assault on the Hell Gates Arc - Dark Towa basically rips off the Super 17 Arc of GT. She has Super 17 merge with 18, opens up a portal between Hell and Earth, old villains rampage, etc. There was probably some sort of ultimate goal to making her way through the gates, but I've never seen anything mention what it was.
    Birth of the Dark Demon Realm Arc - Demon God Demigra appears 75 million years into the past, back to the creation of the Demon Realm, in an attempt to help his past self be successful at obtaining Toki Toki and the bird's power.
    Demon God Demigra Arc - Demigra revives in the present and does typical villain things. He returns to his castle, has Vegeta enslaved, probably still wants revenge on Chronoa and to claim Toki Toki's power.
Actually, I wonder if all the arcs weren't just about gathering enough kiri to "break the seal that binds Makai"...which could have meant releasing Mechickaboola from his prison in the crystal that was in the center of the weird tree of the Makai battle stage.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:17 am

Is the Dark Empire saga the fifth saga in Heroes or the second saga of that Super Dragon Ball Heroes manga?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:17 am

Bullza wrote:Is the Dark Empire saga the fifth saga in Heroes or the second saga of that Super Dragon Ball Heroes manga?
Yoshitaka Nagayama's manga was "Dragon Ball Heroes Super Charisma Mission" which became "Super Dragon Ball Heroes Dark Demon Realm Mission" two issues back in Saikyō Jump.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:39 am

Oh so that's why the artwork looked so familiar.

On the Dragon Ball wiki they've got a list of sagas for Dragon Ball Heroes. It includes a Baby Hatchiyack saga which I didn't think was a saga and TheDevilsCorpse didn't list that as one either above.

They said they'll change it if they had a source for the official sagas in Dragon Ball Heroes.

So is there a website or some source where it lists all the names of these sagas? This Dark Demon Realm saga and the Assault on the Demon Gates saga...where does this all come from?