"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Quebaz » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:08 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:17 am
DNA wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:33 am
Scsigs wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:33 pm True, but why isn't it at least in HD?
Because that would mean extra effort and work hours. The game makes a lot of money as it is, investing money to make it look better just for the sake of it doesn't make any sense financially.
They are gradually upgrading the models in the recent expansions. Just for the notable/important characters though.
The updated models are still PS2-tier, just well, not made in 2003.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:28 am

Scsigs wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:54 am (...) you'd think Bandai Namco would put some of that back into the game & have them spend some more time rendering it in a higher resolution.
If you think that, you don't know how Bandai Namco operates.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:33 pm
Xeogran wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:00 pm
Scsigs wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:37 pm
The fact that Heroes is STILL using Budokai 3's graphics engine & it's not even in HD.
It's a fun engine, graphics is nice enough for the massive cast of characters and PS2 aged well.
True, but why isn't it at least in HD?
What the hell are you talking about buddy? SDBH IS IN HD that was one of the Big things they promoted when dragon ball heroes upgraded to Super dragon ball heroes! LMAO you don’t even know what you’re talking about you’re just talking shit, https://youtu.be/o-bCfZa0f8A skip to 2:03 it literally says they’ve updated to HD monitors!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:47 pm

DNA wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:28 am
Scsigs wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:54 am (...) you'd think Bandai Namco would put some of that back into the game & have them spend some more time rendering it in a higher resolution.
True. This is the same company that thought the Devil May Cry HD collection was god as-is, leaving the menus & prerendered cutscenes in 4:3 480i rather than rerendering them in HD, or recreating them, as well as not adding to DMC1 the quality of life changes & additions from the later games to make it more newcomer-friendly because that game's legit shit in terms of its controls & difficulty options, on top of other genuine problems that only became more apparent as it aged & the sequels did everything better inn every way. Twice.
S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 pm
Xeogran wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:00 pm It's a fun engine, graphics is nice enough for the massive cast of characters and PS2 aged well.
What the hell are you talking about buddy? SDBH IS IN HD that was one of the Big things they promoted when dragon ball heroes upgraded to Super dragon ball heroes! LMAO you don’t even know what you’re talking about you’re just talking shit, https://youtu.be/o-bCfZa0f8A skip to 2:03 it literally says they’ve updated to HD monitors!
Dude, 1 piece of advice, don't condescend when you're trying to tell someone something. It makes you look like a douchebag & won't win you any friends. It didn't look HD to me from the clip someone posted on Twitter (the character models look like modded ones from PS2 Budokai 3 & the camera shooting them didn't help, with it capturing the video from several feet away off of a monitor. With all of these things at once, how could I possibly be able to tell if the game's rendered in HD or not?), so why are you being all matter-of-fact about it? This isn't the proper, constructive way to tell someone this info. Cool it with the attitude, ok?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:47 pm
DNA wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:28 am
True. This is the same company that thought the Devil May Cry HD collection was god as-is, leaving the menus & prerendered cutscenes in 4:3 480i rather than rerendering them in HD, or recreating them, as well as not adding to DMC1 the quality of life changes & additions from the later games to make it more newcomer-friendly because that game's legit shit in terms of its controls & difficulty options, on top of other genuine problems that only became more apparent as it aged & the sequels did everything better inn every way. Twice.
S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 pm
Dude, 1 piece of advice, don't condescend when you're trying to tell someone something. It makes you look like a douchebag & won't win you any friends. It didn't look HD to me from the clip someone posted on Twitter (the character models look like modded ones from PS2 Budokai 3 & the camera shooting them didn't help, with it capturing the video from several feet away off of a monitor. With all of these things at once, how could I possibly be able to tell if the game's rendered in HD or not?), so why are you being all matter-of-fact about it? This isn't the proper, constructive way to tell someone this info. Cool it with the attitude, ok?
I’m not here to be your friend I’m here to let you know that you were factually wrong, you kept saying the game isn’t in HD so I proved to you that SDBH is in-fact in HD. You’ve been arguing with like 3 other people on this thread about how shitty the game looks and I’m tired of the misinformation, maybe you should do some research instead of just spewing nonsense as facts. :)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:31 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:21 pm I’m not here to be your friend I’m here to let you know that you were factually wrong, you kept saying the game isn’t in HD so I proved to you that SDBH is in-fact in HD. You’ve been arguing with like 3 other people on this thread about how shitty the game looks and I’m tired of the misinformation, maybe you should do some research instead of just spewing nonsense as facts. :)
Way to deflect the point of what I said. I don't care about making friends on here. I care about good discourse. And, I wasn't arguing with anyone. However you wanna look at it, the point stands that you were rude in how you delivered what you said. All you needed to say is, "Hey, it's not HD, watch this video to see more about it." You were condescending & I don't appreciate it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 am

Do you guys think Mira and Towa will be ever defeated, like for good.
I can't believe they're still villains a decade after DBO.

I get that they're easy to write around because portals and messing up all the timelines and putting them together, but I think it's enough already. If XV3 or the next Heroes arc is still about them I'm going to eat a chicken soup.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:02 am

I don't know where they can go other than "other universe villains" and "evil gods/former gods/angels"

Like you say having some kinda time breakers as a foil to the time patrol seems too useable to throw away.

I think they might become like the secondary bad guy, like a fake out big bad to some new bad guy, like how they were in XV 1 compared to Demigra
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:29 am

It's hard to tell, even now with so many new villians introduced over the years in this game only a very select few of them have been killed off, Demigra for example has been hanging around since the first Xenoverse that came out like 5 years ago, we know Hearts is on his way back already, Mechikabura was barely sealed and you just know he will come back at some point too, even low level grunts like Putine and Salsa are still around when the latter was supossed to be dead for real yet he is not, that other demon that transformed alongside him Shroom was it? i bet he is also still around somewhere, what a mess they seriously need to cut the excess.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:45 pm

I'm just curious to see who they will bring back in the future. I wanted to see one Broly (Z or DBS doesn't matter) fight against Cumber or alongside him.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:26 am

Dragotaker wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:29 am It's hard to tell, even now with so many new villians introduced over the years in this game only a very select few of them have been killed off, Demigra for example has been hanging around since the first Xenoverse that came out like 5 years ago, we know Hearts is on his way back already, Mechikabura was barely sealed and you just know he will come back at some point too, even low level grunts like Putine and Salsa are still around when the latter was supossed to be dead for real yet he is not, that other demon that transformed alongside him Shroom was it? i bet he is also still around somewhere, what a mess they seriously need to cut the excess.
They could deffo do with a trim, but I just don't see them wiping out the whole suite of characters. I'm not even saying they shouldn't just that I don't suspect they will.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:42 am

also: Mira&Towa are time-traveling and time-altering rogue demons.... killing them probably has very little meaning because they can just pop-up again as version from another part of their timeline

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 am

It doesn't help that there is a precedent for demons reviving themselves; both Towa and Demigra had confirmed deaths in Heroes, and they just willed themselves back to life two missions later.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:18 am

sure is dead in here

When's the next stream?

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:22 am

How is it that they've had Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, twice, Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta and Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, twice.

They've got Goku and Vegeta as well as Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta together, for now two arcs.

And nobody has thought to have Goku /Xeno Goku fuse with Xeno Vegeta/Vegeta to create a hybrid of Super Saiyan Blue and Super Saiyan 4 together?

How has something that would be so simple to do and would attract a ton of attention not been done in the last two years? It's not like it'd even require a difficult design, you take Super Saiyan 4 and you make it blue. That's it. It's easy money and attention.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:32 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:22 am How is it that they've had Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, Super Saiyan 4 Vegito, twice, Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta and Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, twice.

They've got Goku and Vegeta as well as Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta together, for now two arcs.

And nobody has thought to have Goku /Xeno Goku fuse with Xeno Vegeta/Vegeta to create a hybrid of Super Saiyan Blue and Super Saiyan 4 together?

How has something that would be so simple to do and would attract a ton of attention not been done in the last two years? It's not like it'd even require a difficult design, you take Super Saiyan 4 and you make it blue. That's it. It's easy money and attention.
Who made the art? Altough not a fan of these AF hybrids, I like the art itself. It gives me these oldschool vibes when I grew up on the series, before the dark times, before the plastic Yamamuro :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:55 pm

No idea, I just typed Super Saiyan 4 Blue to see if anyone else came up with the idea and it was one of the first images.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:01 am

I wonder if they'll ever do SS4 blue.

I feel like they won't because they are trynna kinda hope we thing CC guys are the canon ones and obviously they won't ever use the form there.

Whereas if the Xeno characters alone get it they won't need the CC ones anymore.

I think we might just get SS4 and SSBlue fusion team ups. Each pair is better experienced to work together then with the other two but you never know I could be totally wrong. Usually any other form sells merch.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:11 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:01 am I wonder if they'll ever do SS4 blue.
Probably not. It'd be like crossing the streams, in a way, and like you say, they probably want to keep the DBS versions of the characters "pure" since they're "canon". It's a silly limitation, though, since this is Heroes we're talking about, and I don't think anybody sees Heroes as canonically relevant, so they should be feeling free to go wild a bit more.
Have UI Goku fuse with SS4 Xeno Goku to create a Fused Goku that looks like he's using SS5.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:36 pm

Alruneia wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:11 pm
TobyS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:01 am I wonder if they'll ever do SS4 blue.
Probably not. It'd be like crossing the streams, in a way, and like you say, they probably want to keep the DBS versions of the characters "pure" since they're "canon". It's a silly limitation, though, since this is Heroes we're talking about, and I don't think anybody sees Heroes as canonically relevant, so they should be feeling free to go wild a bit more.
Have UI Goku fuse with SS4 Xeno Goku to create a Fused Goku that looks like he's using SS5.
Ironically I like to see the heroes manga as canon except for toppos transformation because it's fun and higher quality than the anime.

I like the marvel chronology projects definition of canon.

Everything is canon unless:
Word of God says it isn't
Or “It can't be”

Unfortunately we are drifting into indisputable “It can't be” territory because Goku now has too little or too much mastery of UI depending on it's placement.