"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:51 pm

Ah yeah true,

I still maintain They could have been holding the fairy off screen but I guess you are right that they did have people not even at the tournament before. Yeah it's toei filler being weird I guess. Like how they seemed to imply Turles was not with the other OG heros characters.

Wonder if the not laggs fight is actually over yet or not.

Weird how Hit's more of a prick here and Vegeta seems to be in an entirely different area.

The mangas better but I kinda like the anime is a little different.

I'm actually looking forward to the Goten VS Super 17 weirdly, I don't know why they can't have some good guys die when the winning team can revive people at the end, if only baddies can be killed or KOED without being killed the decks gonna get stacked in the goodies favour pretty quick.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:21 pm

Well, the manga confirmed that the Namekian in Black is the one holding the fairy. Unsurprising but it's nice to have some clarification on it, given the anime's track record and the arcade still being behind. So Gohan and/or Piccolo will catch it eventually.

Now my question is, is really Demigra going to mess things up enough for everyone to fight Aios, or is the main team really the only one that will face her at first? (We know because of the teaser that Goku will fight her, so it's logical to assume that his team went to the final round) It would be kind of lame because the Xenos have been mostly filler outside of Trunks -and Pan's manga gags I guess- and Hearts' team barely had time on-screen at all...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm

it's worth to note that the Black Clothed Warriors are all now classified as "Dark Dragonball Enhanced" in their Forms details in the cards

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:14 am

MisteryOne wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:21 pm Well, the manga confirmed that the Namekian in Black is the one holding the fairy. Unsurprising but it's nice to have some clarification on it, given the anime's track record and the arcade still being behind. So Gohan and/or Piccolo will catch it eventually.

Now my question is, is really Demigra going to mess things up enough for everyone to fight Aios, or is the main team really the only one that will face her at first? (We know because of the teaser that Goku will fight her, so it's logical to assume that his team went to the final round) It would be kind of lame because the Xenos have been mostly filler outside of Trunks -and Pan's manga gags I guess- and Hearts' team barely had time on-screen at all...
Ah when did the manga confirm this because Bardock is not out yet in the manga right?

Ah, it's out, weird how tese take less than a month and confuse me every time.

Funny that Gohan used the Sokidan and Piccolo told him to stop dicking around, I bet he's just bitter because he remembers being chinned by it.

So yeah I assume Goku will take Bardock out the same way as the anime.

I wonder what happens to those left alive, can they reach Aois or is everyone gonna have to wait. I assume Chronoa fails and Goku steps in, but not sure what'll happen with everyone else, if Hearts team acts out I can't see how they can beat Hearts, TP and Super cast alone, and possibly the warriors in black? not sure whats going on with Demigras involvement.

Be interesting to see what happens next.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:36 pm

So one of the SECs is... Blue Vegetto. That's it. Nothing more, a transforming Base-SSB Vegetto. At least the Base model finally got updated I guess? :yawn:

When are we supposed to get Anniversary news? I thought we would have a teaser of the main character by now but I guess I remembered wrong.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:50 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:36 pm So one of the SECs is... Blue Vegetto. That's it. Nothing more, a transforming Base-SSB Vegetto. At least the Base model finally got updated I guess? :yawn:

When are we supposed to get Anniversary news? I thought we would have a teaser of the main character by now but I guess I remembered wrong.
The SECs have been like that for years now, the same old characters all over again, it was to be expected as lame as it is.

Unfortunately the Anniversary thing is dead and Covid killed it or at least they haven't bothered with the whole thing since it happened, SSG Trunks was the last thing they had for it and that was almost 3 years ago, the worse thing by far that changed because it was the most hype time of the year for Heroes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:55 am

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:50 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:36 pm So one of the SECs is... Blue Vegetto. That's it. Nothing more, a transforming Base-SSB Vegetto. At least the Base model finally got updated I guess? :yawn:

The SECs have been like that for years now, the same old characters all over again, it was to be expected as lame as it is.

Unfortunately the Anniversary thing is dead and Covid killed it or at least they haven't bothered with the whole thing since it happened, SSG Trunks was the last thing they had for it and that was almost 3 years ago, the worse thing by far that changed because it was the most hype time of the year for Heroes.
But... that just isn't true tho? After Trunks we got LB SS4 Vegetto, and last year LB SS4 Gogeta. They were the anniversary characters, we are still getting them. And we usually get teasers of them as well.

And while there is always one or two unrelated, boring SECs as you mentioned, usually the rest relate to the story somehow. But oddly, that is not the case on this set, as all the SECs are just random unrelated characters: Vegetto from FT src, Gotenks from Buu arc and Crimson Masked Saiyan. None of them have nothing to do with the current Aios arc.

I'm just trying to understand what they are hoping to accomplish by not hyping the anniversary at all unlike other years.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:35 am

The animation for SSB Vegetto is amazing, I see nothing to whine about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWNsP2Cug-M

Almost makes me imagine a Super oriented game looking like this. His model is pretty well done too.

Still have to see Gotenks and Black, but I'm expecting similar goodness from them.

FatLee

Post by FatLee » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:26 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:35 am The animation for SSB Vegetto is amazing, I see nothing to whine about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWNsP2Cug-M

Almost makes me imagine a Super oriented game looking like this. His model is pretty well done too.

Still have to see Gotenks and Black, but I'm expecting similar goodness from them.
For a PlayStation 2 game, maybe. I love Heroes and have since 2012, but I can't say I've seen anything that looks amazing in-game.

I'm just glad they're staying away from that demon arc, what a relief. I just got bored many years into it...

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 am

FatLee wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:26 am For a PlayStation 2 game, maybe. I love Heroes and have since 2012, but I can't say I've seen anything that looks amazing in-game.
Your problem. I don't need a PS5-realistic graphics because DBZ was never about that to begin with.
We've all already seen how ugly Jump Force looks when it tried to turn colorful characters into some realistic mess.

FatLee

Post by FatLee » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:24 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 am
FatLee wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:26 am For a PlayStation 2 game, maybe. I love Heroes and have since 2012, but I can't say I've seen anything that looks amazing in-game.
Your problem. I don't need a PS5-realistic graphics because DBZ was never about that to begin with.
We've all already seen how ugly Jump Force looks when it tried to turn colorful characters into some realistic mess.

You’re talking as if the opposite end of the scale is the only other option. Extremes don’t need to be relevant when there are much better/closer examples, like Xenoverse 2 or Kakarot.

That said, it’s hardly an issue for me - like I said, I love Heroes. Games included. I’m just saying I feel ‘amazing’ is a bit of stretch.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:47 am

Imo, Heroes' models taken straight from Budokai/Infinity World series (with later upgrades just like this Vegetto here) is what makes the Heroes' game so special. Budokai/Infinity World games were very comicbook-like and that's part of their charm. I'm happy Heroes looks like this.
Xenoverse, FighterZ and Kakarot are too flashy and over the top. But to each their own.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:40 pm

This listing for the 12th Anniversary guide appeared online and it seems it says that the avatars are getting SSJ4 Limit Breaker?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:45 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:40 pm Image

This listing for the 12th Anniversary guide appeared online and it seems it says that the avatars are getting SSJ4 Limit Breaker?
Why are they skipping out on so many various different forms when giving out such random ones to equally as random characters? Because even if you are right or wrong about the SDBH Player Avatars getting SFPS4: LB, they are going to give some people the ideas that SFPS4: LB can be achieved without SS4/SFPS4 and that SFPS4: LB is even stronger than SSB: E and Ultra Instinct "Omen" instead of doing what they are supposed to be doing when it comes to handling the proper order of new forms to certain characters.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:05 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:45 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:40 pm Image

Why are they skipping out on so many various different forms when giving out such random ones to equally as random characters? Because even if you are right or wrong about the SDBH Player Avatars getting SFPS4: LB, they are going to give some people the ideas that SFPS4: LB can be achieved without SS4/SFPS4 and that SFPS4: LB is even stronger than SSB: E and Ultra Instinct "Omen" instead of doing what they are supposed to be doing when it comes to handling the proper order of new forms to certain characters.
SS4 should be stronger than every form other than Ultra instinct in theory.

Ss4 is a potential unlock and UI is a limit breaker.

Ss4's only weakness should be if God ki is not apart of Goku and Vegeta's potential.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:06 am

So, I'm guessing the avatars are technically this year's anniversary SS4? Interesting way to pull it off, I guess. Though, I do wonder what they're gonna do with the rest of the avatar races. I could see them giving the Namekians and Fridges "Ultimate Namek" and "Black Form" respectively, but that still kinda leaves everyone else up in the air.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:41 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:06 am"Black Form"
Doubt, they wouldn't debut it with avatars over Frieza himself. Do they have True Golden Form already? Maybe it'll be this.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:40 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:06 am So, I'm guessing the avatars are technically this year's anniversary SS4? Interesting way to pull it off, I guess. Though, I do wonder what they're gonna do with the rest of the avatar races. I could see them giving the Namekians and Fridges "Ultimate Namek" and "Black Form" respectively, but that still kinda leaves everyone else up in the air.
Also: we are going to get female SS4s!

for the Namek Avatar, I'm expecting Orange, not just Ultimate
And yeah, either Black or Golden Metal for the Freeza's

I'm more curious about the Androids: Hero types are likely going to get Gamma-style costumes, that's easy.
But Red Cell has already been used for the God Class Up of Berserker-types.
And I have no idea what Elite-types are going to use.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:42 am

The manga hinted at SS4 LB being weaker than Vegeta's Berserk form and silver UI but that's it. The form being stronger than Omen seems okay for me, to be honest. Still, even if it does fit power-wise is so incredibly random to give the form to the avatars without them ever reaching SS4. Next year they will only have UI left, unless they decide to give them Vegeta's form I guess.

With that being said... the avatars being the anniversary characters would be so incredibly lame. Previously them getting a new form *and* an actual character getting one for the anniversary were not mutually exclusive so it shouldn't be the case now either. But I guess that it may be the case since we still don't have the tiniest teaser or anything else at all. At least we will get official female SS4s I guess
Xeogran wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:41 am
Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:06 am"Black Form"
Doubt, they wouldn't debut it with avatars over Frieza himself. Do they have True Golden Form already? Maybe it'll be this.
The anime's True Golden Form is not in the game, trough even if it was it honestly doesn't seem like an upgrade at all compared to previous ones. Agreed that Black is not gonna happen tho, just like Ultra Ego won't show up until we see it in the anime
ankokudaishogun wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:40 pm
Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:06 am So, I'm guessing the avatars are technically this year's anniversary SS4?
I'm more curious about the Androids: Hero types are likely going to get Gamma-style costumes, that's easy.
But Red Cell has already been used for the God Class Up of Berserker-types.
And I have no idea what Elite-types are going to use.
I can see them just giving Elite Androids another Gamma uniform with a different color to be honest, even if it doesn't fit that much. Really curious as to what they will do with the Berserker ones too tho, they can't make them giant and I doubt they would give them 2nd form Cell-like mouths lol

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:13 pm

SDBH could give some love to Raditz, have him to be reintroduced in other arc or something, interactions with Goku and Vegeta would be nice too.
Majin Demigra wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:58 pm I'm surprised we haven't gotten a Goku Black and Baby Vegeta fusion by now
That would be pretty dope
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?