"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Cumber, Movie Broly, King Vegeta Xeno
Adult gotenks, goten,turles and soon or later cabba/kale/caulifla/kefla.

I hope ss4 trunks next year :)
I demand dark masked goten and dark masked super saiayn 4 tarble

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 pm

If there is ever a Gotenks SS4 i hope whatever his hair color is ends up being just one color because having both black and purple like in base would look terrible, or at least in those fanarts and mods i have seen. i liked red for SS4 fusions but after Vegetto i'm not so sure anymore.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Dragotaker wrote:If there is ever a Gotenks SS4 i hope whatever his hair color is ends up being just one color because having both black and purple like in base would look terrible, or at least in those fanarts and mods i have seen. i liked red for SS4 fusions but after Vegetto i'm not so sure anymore.
I disagree it makes his look more iconic and unique

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:00 pm

If all of this stuff that just came out about the Dragon Ball Super movie has shown something good, is that finally Super Saiyan God Vegeta will be heading to the games now. :D This is not my opinion presented as a fact, games do include/prefer/focus their attention on what appears in animes and movies more than what are exclusive to the manga, so...

I would like Super Saiyan God Vegeta for XV2, but even the next possible batch of content may not last until the movie drops so... I'm probably gonna have to wait until XV3. Can't wait to see him here in Heroes with likely new techniques and in the future, possible (and logical) what-ifs with him (I'm looking at you both: Super Saiyan God Vegetto and Super Saiyan God Gogeta! :P).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Grimlock wrote:If all of this stuff that just came out about the Dragon Ball Super movie has shown something good, is that finally Super Saiyan God Vegeta will be heading to the games now. :D This is not my opinion presented as a fact, games do include/prefer/focus their attention on what appears in the animes and movies more than what are exclusive to the manga, so...

I would like Super Saiyan God Vegeta for XV2, but even the next possible batch of content may not last until the movie drops so... I'm probably gonna have to wait until XV3. Can't wait to see him here in Heroes with likely new techniques and in the future, possible (and logical) what-ifs with him (I'm looking at you both: Super Saiyan God Vegetto and Super Saiyan God Gogeta! :P).
I'm surprised he hasn't already. Gamma Burst Flash did and that's never been in the anime and some of the Gods of Destructions' special techniques.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:33 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm surprised he hasn't already. Gamma Burst Flash did and that's never been in the anime and some of the Gods of Destructions' special techniques.
Well, Super Saiyan God Vegeta was a concept until now exclusive to the manga so it's not actually that surprising. Obviously, this is not a rule or something, games can add manga exclusive stuff like Gamma Burst Flash like you mentioned, Beerus vs Champa fight and other ideas in specific cases, but they are never what games aim at primarily and generally, it's what mostly appear in the animated form.

So, for example, you won't see Raditz' accessories white colored (manga/Dragon Ball Online), they are always red (anime) in games.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:55 am

Now that SsjG has made it into the anime it's only a matter of time before he makes it into the games. :clap:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I think we will saw again the SSJ4 in the main continuity ! They push the form way too much for being a mere coincidence. :o
If Broly can make it into "canon" then anything can.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:25 am

sintzu wrote:Now that SsjG has made it into the anime it's only a matter of time before he makes it into the games. :clap:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I think we will saw again the SSJ4 in the main continuity ! They push the form way too much for being a mere coincidence. :o
If Broly can make it into "canon" then anything can.
If theres more saiyan survivors I demand turles

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:35 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:If theres more saiyan survivors I demand turles
We just got an "evil" Goku so I don't think that's likely. He's also not as popular as Broly, Cooler and Ssj4.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:34 am

sintzu wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:If theres more saiyan survivors I demand turles
We just got an "evil" Goku so I don't think that's likely. He's also not as popular as Broly, Cooler and Ssj4.
May I ask if we have a popularity poll to support this from any reputable source? I'm curious about the standings of the movie villains with each other.

Turles can be worked into the lore and redesigned to look less like Goku. He could fit in with a number of new things. In fact I think a good design would be borrowing from Early bardock concepts:

The games have incorporated lore about the tree of might as being a gift of the gods, which links into the divinity factor Super has.

Additionally, we learned in interviews that Broly has siblings, but doesnt know or care to meet them. Turles could present himself as a relative of Goku (uncle, cousin etc) or potential ally to Vegeta and try to play them against each other over the tree by revealing Beerus' hand in the destruction of Vegeta. Perhaps the Tree can grant knowledge along with power in a revamp, and Turles can be used to set things in motion for the fallout that Beerus' actions in the past have been alluded to lead towards? Plus the divine tree being tweaked to give Godly ki seems a reasonable way to allow Turles to be a threat without it being another legend (Broly) or inexplicably strong (Jiren).

He's a space pirate whose been using planets to feed his Divine Tree to get small bits of Godly Ki. He could set Vegeta off against Beerus, leading to a fight with Goku and Vegeta in their godly forms to get serious, and Vegeta could immediatly go for Shin. This makes enough of distraction for Turles to gain the powerboost needed to fight the two of them by gorging on the as many fruits as he can.

Also thematically tying into Zamasu's criticism of the mortals for abusing the gifts of the gods, the tree of knowledge (linking to the divine nature elements of the show, angels etc) and starting a new kind of conflict in the series, and also explaining why so few planets have life on them now. Turles' trees have sucked the life from the planets he visited, and Beerus was asleep too long to go out and do something about it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:06 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:May I ask if we have a popularity poll to support this from any reputable source?
I'm going by how much each one is used and marketed and unfortunately Turles, Slug and Bojack have gotten the short end of the stick. Maybe I'm completely wrong but when nothing is done with someone then you can pretty much tell where he/she stands in popularity.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:May I ask if we have a popularity poll to support this from any reputable source?
I'm going by how much each one is used and marketed and unfortunately Turles, Slug and Bojack have gotten the short end of the stick. Maybe I'm completely wrong but when nothing is done with someone then you can pretty much tell where he/she stands in popularity.
Xenoverse 2 comes to mind...

Broly is a special case. I wouldnt argue turles is unpopular just because he isn't Broly levels of fanboy following. Raditz is a fairly unpopular character from what I can tell and yet he is regularly represented in video games and merch for the most part. Broly is just simply a very reliable bonus, and practically a given with his impact on the story.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:40 pm

I just want female SSJ4. Pan or Caulifla could work.
Yeah, i know Pan doesn't even have SSJ yet :lol:
If not main character then at least custom char in Xenoverse.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:18 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:I just want female SSJ4. Pan or Caulifla could work.
you want some exposed boobs basically (j/k)

I'd rather we get female super saiyan 3 through Kalifla and then onward to 4 for her and Cabba while Kale goes down a new path

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:47 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I'd rather we get female super saiyan 3 through Kalifla and then onward to 4 for her and Cabba while Kale goes down a new path
They would come with some clothes for sure. I actually like how SSJ4 outfit look on female characters in XV2.
Since SSJ4 already has that magic ability to change clothes it would make sense for female SSJ4 to have some kind of bra or top depending on character
Tbh, Caulifla already has the same kind of bra so she wouldn't have to change anything. With Pan, i can see something similar just red (in color of her top).

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:25 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

They would come with some clothes for sure. I actually like how SSJ4 outfit look on female characters in XV2.
Since SSJ4 already has that magic ability to change clothes it would make sense for female SSJ4 to have some kind of bra or top depending on character
Tbh, Caulifla already has the same kind of bra so she wouldn't have to change anything. With Pan, i can see something similar just red (in color of her top).

I think if they did pan her hair would look more like Videls spiky cut or something like Gine/Yamchas rather than that.

I wonder what a Super Saiyan 4 Bra would look like... blue fur?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:35 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I think if they did pan her hair would look more like Videls spiky cut or something like Gine/Yamchas rather than that.

Well when Trunks goes SSJ his hair is golden just like others so i guess she would have fur in shades of red as well, i mean brown, red, pink, maybe even black.
Unless Trunks had purple/blue tail my bet is that their Oozaru forms are also brown.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Well when Trunks goes SSJ his hair is golden just like others so i guess she would have fur in shades of red as well, i mean brown, red, pink, maybe even black.
Unless Trunks had purple/blue tail my bet is that their Oozaru forms are also brown.
theres already fur colour varience among brown fur tails, look at Broly Dark, Vegeta, Gogeta etc.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:49 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
theres already fur colour varience among brown fur tails, look at Broly Dark, Vegeta, Gogeta etc.
Yeah but they still are in similar shades. Brown, red, pink. And those colors never seemed related to hair color. Gogeta SSJ4 has red hair but his fur was much darker than that of SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta. So just because Bra has blue hair it doesn't have to mean her SSJ4 would have blue fur as well. It might have different color than that.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:04 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Yeah but they still are in similar shades. Brown, red, pink. And those colors never seemed related to hair color. Gogeta SSJ4 has red hair but his fur was much darker than that of SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta. So just because Bra has blue hair it doesn't have to mean her SSJ4 would have blue fur as well. It might have different color than that.
thing is trunks and bra are odd ones out by being the only natural saiyans not with black or very dark head hair. I think that might factor in potentially personally, as it would be odd seeing that colour pallete of light blue hair and neon red fur when Bra already wears a lot of red. The visual clash would be very jarring.