"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 am
S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:35 pmAre you really trying to argue DBH didn’t have a story before SDBH? I’ll admit the story in DBH isn’t as fleshed out(atleast the pre-god mission stuff but god mission 3 and onward has the same type of dialogue cutscenes that SDBH has) as SDBH’s story but they’re still stories canon to the arcade lore.
"Trying"? No. I'm outright saying there was no story prior to SDBH at all. From 2010 to 2016, Dragon Ball Heroes was just this simple game doing plain and pure what-if content, without being tied to a story or anything. Take this Vegeta case for example, nothing is going on there, it's merely Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta arriving on Heroes. For that promotional trailer, they created that situation that is not meant to be taken any more than what it really is, a promotional trailer to announce said character is coming (and even today that's still the sole purpose of the trailers. They're nothing more than to annouce the content coming).

The 5th AV guide book disagrees(same with the arcade game). The 5th AV guide completely breaks down each story and the one for JM4 is a budokai where all the characters from the dragon ball franchise gather, but once bulma is injured by a stray blast that hits the audience Vegeta explodes with anger and transforms into ssj4, then violently rushes into battle with 3 star dragon. https://imgur.com/gallery/I5FUrhI
(Picture from the 5th Av guide about JM4’s story)

Also don’t forget the world tournament announcer is present in the actual arcade game for this set and announces each mission when you click on them, and it actually progresses like a story to the point when ssj4 Vegeta finally appears the tournament announcer is super hyped https://youtu.be/xed-nKJrHQI (this video is JM4 god boss vs Vegeta ssj4, with the tournament announcer before the mission)

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 pm

I feel like whilst we've really stretched out to so many characters, forms, appearances, etc. in SDBH in both terms of existing and newly created entities, there's still a few things I'd like to see:

Super Saiyan Goku Black (appeared in the manga, not in the anime) - by extension, maybe SSJ2 and SSJ3 too due to this being Heroes...
Goku Black in Zamasu's apparel (from the scene where Zamasu swaps bodies with Goku)
Goku in his farmer attire
Goku in his farmer attire, but in Zamasu's body
Videl with Super Saiyan attributes (from DBS SSG transformation scene)
'Super Saiyan' Satan from DBS episode where he 'fights Beebus'
Beebus (fake Beerus that Satan made up)
Bevis (another fake Beerus that Satan made up)

I really don't see any of these being out of the realms of SDBH. Anything anyone else would like to see added?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Heroes is still missing Base/SS Caulifla and SS/SS2 Kale. They're really slacking.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:37 pm Heroes is still missing Base/SS Caulifla and SS/SS2 Kale. They're really slacking.
They have been slacking since a long time ago, this days they seem to focus more on introducing new characters and transformations for them than throwing old characters a bone once in a while like they used to which is the reason this game gained any traction with the fanbase in the first place, hopefully BBM seems like we will see classic villians featured again, hope for some love to the less privileged good guys too.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:47 pm

I'm still waiting for them to add the other Angels.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:18 pm

Pan (Xeno or otherwise) does still not have any kind of Super Saiyan, despite several other, more "minor" saiyans being given transformations (such as SS3 Nappa and Raditz). At this point I'm wondering if it's on purpose.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 am

Alruneia wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:18 pm Pan (Xeno or otherwise) does still not have any kind of Super Saiyan, despite several other, more "minor" saiyans being given transformations (such as SS3 Nappa and Raditz). At this point I'm wondering if it's on purpose.
Well, we know she is gonna be featured on BBM because of the trailer and it's not like they couldn't just send her packing after the end of the current saga if they really wanted, for me that means they want her around because she is in for something in the near future, call me crazy but i think bringing her back now for the very short time she has been with the time patrol has made her more popular with the fanbase than when she was featured way more in the past in GT or it somehow feels that way for me for the japanese fans at least you know the ones that really matter in the end, and also they have given every transformation they can to all of the Heroes so that only leaves Goten and Pan as the only ''good guys'' who can still get something.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 am

Alruneia wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:18 pm Pan (Xeno or otherwise) does still not have any kind of Super Saiyan, despite several other, more "minor" saiyans being given transformations (such as SS3 Nappa and Raditz). At this point I'm wondering if it's on purpose.
SS3 Raditz & Nappa were huge deals. That's why they were the 6th anniversary special original characters.

Likewise, SS Pan is kind of a huge deal. If she ever gets a SS transformation, I'm betting it's gonna be tied to one of their anniversary announcements.
Wilderness wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 pm I feel like whilst we've really stretched out to so many characters, forms, appearances, etc. in SDBH in both terms of existing and newly created entities, there's still a few things I'd like to see:

Super Saiyan Goku Black (appeared in the manga, not in the anime) - by extension, maybe SSJ2 and SSJ3 too due to this being Heroes...
Goku Black in Zamasu's apparel (from the scene where Zamasu swaps bodies with Goku)

I really don't see any of these being out of the realms of SDBH. Anything anyone else would like to see added?
I can see SS1-3 Black being added. Wouldn't be surprised about it.

Goku Black in Zamasu's apparel... not likely. Too obscure.

Goku in his farmer attire. Could see it.

That Videl, 0.0001% chance it'll happen.

SS Satan... if they could do Goku-Satan (tho that was from Budokai 2 already) then I could see it being possible.

None of those fake Beeruses would have a chance of appearing in SDBH imo. Not relevant enough.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 am

Hello there ! I didn't know where to ask my question, but since Fu is related to SDBH I think this is the best thread for me to ask about it.

Does anybody have a better quality of this picture

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Rakurai wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 am
SS3 Raditz & Nappa were huge deals. That's why they were the 6th anniversary special original characters.

Likewise, SS Pan is kind of a huge deal. If she ever gets a SS transformation, I'm betting it's gonna be tied to one of their anniversary announcements.
Wilderness wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 pm I feel like whilst we've really stretched out to so many characters, forms, appearances, etc. in SDBH in both terms of existing and newly created entities, there's still a few things I'd like to see:

I can see SS1-3 Black being added. Wouldn't be surprised about it.

Goku Black in Zamasu's apparel... not likely. Too obscure.

Goku in his farmer attire. Could see it.

That Videl, 0.0001% chance it'll happen.

SS Satan... if they could do Goku-Satan (tho that was from Budokai 2 already) then I could see it being possible.

None of those fake Beeruses would have a chance of appearing in SDBH imo. Not relevant enough.

Gotan(the fusion of Goku and mr. Satan) is already in game, but I honestly doubt they’d give him ssj. Also did you know gotan’s first appearance was actually in the original manga?!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:29 pm

Scientist Fu wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 am Hello there ! I didn't know where to ask my question, but since Fu is related to SDBH I think this is the best thread for me to ask about it.

Here you go https://imgur.com/gallery/qqICqu7

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:20 am

Final batch of translations for the SDBH 9th anniv. flowcharts here.

Translations for all of the flowcharts here.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Golden Cooler chased Fuu yet it was Fuu who still ended up trolling him by guiding him to the Big Gete Star & becoming his test subject yet again... :lol:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:50 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:29 pm
Scientist Fu wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 am Hello there ! I didn't know where to ask my question, but since Fu is related to SDBH I think this is the best thread for me to ask about it.

Here you go https://imgur.com/gallery/qqICqu7
Thank you for your attention, I really appreciate that!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:27 am

Rakurai translated the newest ad for BBM

https://twitter.com/lightning446/status ... 1182899200

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:11 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:20 am Final batch of translations for the SDBH 9th anniv. flowcharts here.

Translations for all of the flowcharts here.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Golden Cooler chased Fuu yet it was Fuu who still ended up trolling him by guiding him to the Big Gete Star & becoming his test subject yet again... :lol:
Thank you very much for all your work!! ^^

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:38 am

HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:11 am
I do what I can. :) I like this community enough that I want to give back.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:38 am
HECTOR4 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:11 am
I do what I can. :) I like this community enough that I want to give back.
I also wanted to thank you for all your work. It's always nice to see that some people take their time making a huge translation document and share it with other fans.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:33 pm

Big thanks Raku

The Black Reaper

Post by The Black Reaper » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 am

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:24 am

Why? What it is about? How does it relate to the current discussion here?

Please try to avoid drive-by link dropping.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::