"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:03 pmAlso (and I know this is based on manga info and some people consider the anime version to be different, but bear with me anyway), Rosé is SSGSS, and the SSGSS title comes from SSG + SS, so when you go mix Rosé and 2, that's gonna be SSG + SS2, not "SSG2" + SS, and since that places the 2 at the end of the acronym, I feel like it's only right that "SSGSS2" leads to the title "Super Saiyan Rosé 2".
The anime doesn't explain what Super Saiyan Rosé is, only the manga. Different continuity, but we are most likely talking about the same thing. If Super Saiyan Rosé was supposed to be just the regular Super Saiyan in the anime, its aura would be more similar to the Super Saiyan aura. But if you pay attention, you'll see that Super Saiyan Rosé aura is more similar to the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan aura. I see no reason to consider it a different thing.

You're pretty much right about everything else you said.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:27 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 pm
Alruneia wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:03 pmAlso (and I know this is based on manga info and some people consider the anime version to be different, but bear with me anyway), Rosé is SSGSS, and the SSGSS title comes from SSG + SS, so when you go mix Rosé and 2, that's gonna be SSG + SS2, not "SSG2" + SS, and since that places the 2 at the end of the acronym, I feel like it's only right that "SSGSS2" leads to the title "Super Saiyan Rosé 2".
The anime doesn't explain what Super Saiyan Rosé is, only the manga. Different continuity, but we are most likely talking about the same thing. If Super Saiyan Rosé was supposed to be just the regular Super Saiyan in the anime, its aura would be more similar to the Super Saiyan aura. But if you pay attention, you'll see that Super Saiyan Rosé aura is more similar to the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan aura. I see no reason to consider it a different thing.

SSGSS is just turning on SSG and SS at the same time. Since Black is part Kaioshin him turning on SS should always just be Rose.

SS and SSGSS should be the same thing you just turned on SSG first in one scenario.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:29 am

I would like to add, as I have said before, that: the anime is so inconsistent you can actually argue Black does not have godly ki in base (Future Trunks and Krillin could sense his ki) but even if he does, once he reaches Rosé he keeps on bragging how he has mastered all of Goku's power. Which would not make sense at all considering he knows about SS2, so he shouldn't think that Rosé is his peak.

People keep bringing up a scan while ignoring not only that the anime never confirmed what it says, but also that official statements in promo material have been wrong multiple times in the past. Toriyama's notes also make a clear distintion between Rosé and normal SS, but with how messed up the animes production was back then, they seem to have skipped it for some reason.

To me, it's pretty clear that this opens the possibility of SSBlue 2 and 3. People can headcanon whatever it suits their particular view but right now I have no reason to think otherwise.

Anyways, on a less controversial topic: seems like Bojack and Super 17 will show up this mission as well. I wonder what they have in store for them. And regarding a hypothetical SSGSS4 (lol) as much as I would like to see it, I doubt Crimson would get it first. Ultra Instinct seems to fit him more, but we will see. I also wonder how the Warrior in Black will be able to fight him with SS alone. If he is indeed Xeno Bardock instead of an alternate Goku... he should still have SS4, so he would be ridiculously powerful. And he could get Limit Breaker as well...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

WitlessMass

Post by WitlessMass » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:44 am

Hey, so I don't know how to make proper posts but I'm making OVA movies out of Dragon Ball Heroes episodes. I've made a Part 1 for the first arc. It's a full 23 minutes episode/OVA/Movie whatever you wanna call it lol using Episode 1-3. I added Eye-catches to separate the episodes and tried to maintain continuity. I've replaced the opening with Flow's Chala Head Chala and the Ending with the Original Chala Head Chala by Kageyama.

Footage for openings were various sources and I sort of tried creating an AMV of sorts that FITS Heroes as much as it could. Please PM me to gain access to the episode if you're curious to see what I've done.

I'd love to hear feedback if you guys have time. The idea was just to make compiled a full length episode and not break the flow for the viewer. It's not a perfect cut by ANY MEANS and I know there are various issues such as not using credit-less and non-karaoke footage for the op. It was a rush job. If you guys liked it, I might make more just for fun but I'll try to not repeat my mistakes in future OVAs.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:24 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:29 am

I would like to add, as I have said before, that: the anime is so inconsistent you can actually argue Black does not have godly ki in base (Future Trunks and Krillin could sense his ki) but even if he does, once he reaches Rosé he keeps on bragging how he has mastered all of Goku's power. Which would not make sense at all considering he knows about SS2, so he shouldn't think that Rosé is his peak.

People keep bringing up a scan while ignoring not only that the anime never confirmed what it says, but also that official statements in promo material have been wrong multiple times in the past. Toriyama's notes also make a clear distintion between Rosé and normal SS, but with how messed up the animes production was back then, they seem to have skipped it for some reason.

To me, it's pretty clear that this opens the possibility of SSBlue 2 and 3. People can headcanon whatever it suits their particular view but right now I have no reason to think otherwise.

Anyways, on a less controversial topic: seems like Bojack and Super 17 will show up this mission as well. I wonder what they have in store for them. And regarding a hypothetical SSGSS4 (lol) as much as I would like to see it, I doubt Crimson would get it first. Ultra Instinct seems to fit him more, but we will see. I also wonder how the Warrior in Black will be able to fight him with SS alone. If he is indeed Xeno Bardock instead of an alternate Goku... he should still have SS4, so he would be ridiculously powerful. And he could get Limit Breaker as well...
The anime makes it clear Rose his Blacks version of Super Saiyan. Vegeta even outright says it on episode 62.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:28 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:24 pm

The anime makes it clear Rose his Blacks version of Super Saiyan. Vegeta even outright says it on episode 62.
How is it "clear" considering all what I mentioned? Please elaborate further and explain those inconsistencies to me. That's also false, Vegeta never says anything that specific. He just mentions Black's "super saiyan power" which could be interpreted as just habing the ability to transform, not that it's specifically SS1. Using that logic, when Vegeta told Frieza back in RoF he could also transform into a Super Saiyan he was not talking about his Blue form he was displaying at that very same moment...

Again, the fact that is so vague means it isn't as clear as you claim.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:21 am

let's also remember Blue is the Super Saiyan version of SSGod

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:02 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:28 am

How is it "clear" considering all what I mentioned? Please elaborate further and explain those inconsistencies to me. That's also false, Vegeta never says anything that specific. He just mentions Black's "super saiyan power" which could be interpreted as just habing the ability to transform, not that it's specifically SS1. Using that logic, when Vegeta told Frieza back in RoF he could also transform into a Super Saiyan he was not talking about his Blue form he was displaying at that very same moment...

Vegeta says Super Saiyan. Not Super Saiyan power. Watch episode 62.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Like already said, Vegeta also refers the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan as "Legendary Super Saiyan".

Anyway, saw the episode, in both occasions, he's not wrong. When using just "Super Saiyan", he's describing 50% of those forms, half of what they actually are. Both forms are Super Saiyan, essentially, but they are something more too. Point is, that actually doesn't prove Super Saiyan Rosé is supposed to be the regular Super Saiyan.

On that note: Goku Black refers to Super Saiyan 2 as "Super Saiyan". The thing is, Goku doesn't correct him. So are we going to say Goku fought Goku Black as Super Saiyan when clearly it was Super Saiyan 2?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 pm

So The Hooded Saiyan is Goku, who would have guessed

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:59 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:36 pmWelp, there goes whatever little interest i had left in this arc, the madmen actually went and did it!!!
yet another Goku, oh boy those who said Turles didn't need Super Saiyan because too many Goku clones or whatever are in for a treat now.
Yeah, where their god now :lol:

This would be much better than Super Saiyan Detective Goku.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:26 pm

I suppose most of you have seen the new Heroes promo that dropped today where the Warrior in Black takes his hoodie to reveal his base form which looks exactly like as i expected since we already knew for his Saiyan haircut from before, now the thing is some people are saying the trailer straight up reveals/calls him Goku which i can't tell because i don't know any japanese and even then i would think the actual reveal was to happen in the arcade release in two weeks, of course we know is not far fetched that he would be just another Goku but i just wanted to be sure.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:10 am

Dragotaker wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:26 pm now the thing is some people are saying the trailer straight up reveals/calls him Goku
The narrator still calls him a Warrior in Black from what I'm hearing. At this point I'm betting on Bardock since they're still keeping his cheek hidden with that scarf.

Goku Xeno

Post by Goku Xeno » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:15 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:10 am
Dragotaker wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:26 pm now the thing is some people are saying the trailer straight up reveals/calls him Goku
The narrator still calls him a Warrior in Black from what I'm hearing. At this point I'm betting on Bardock since they're still keeping his cheek hidden with that scarf.

If warrior in black is Bardock. The only one who made sense is his DBS counterpart. Xeno version has Bandana.

To be honest i still thought that warrior in black still Goku from another space time.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:30 am

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am

Will it be a third Goku or a new outfit for Goku Xeno?
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:31 am

FlpShimizu wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am Will it be a third Goku or a new outfit for Goku Xeno?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:15 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:02 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:28 am

Vegeta says Super Saiyan. Not Super Saiyan power. Watch episode 62.
Oh, Super Saiyan, right. That term literally used in most of the franchise to refer to any Saiyan transformation that is not Oozaru or Ultra Instict? Come on. Again, does that mean Vegeta was not talking about Blue in RoF? Does that mean Black was not referring to SS2 on his battle with Goku? When Vegeta said he could not go Super Saiyan against Moro, did he not refer to all of his forms altogether? Not to mention Vegeta had not reason to say specifically "Super Saiyan Rosé" In the context of the situation.

It simply isn't clear as you claim. Do not push your headcanon on others without any real basis. If you can't even come up with any decent explantions for the multiple issues me and others have presented on this very thread, it's pretty worthless to just say "no u wrong". I would rather not continue with a debate where one side ignores most of the points for their own convenience. At best,I can agree to disagree and end my part here.
Last edited by MisteryOne on Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:19 pm

Where is Saikyo Jump this month? I wanted to see if they tease more SDBH stuff before taking a break from the Internet as a whole. I thought it was monthly now?
FlpShimizu wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am Will it be a third Goku or a new outfit for Goku Xeno?
Goku Xeno is currently trapped on the Time Labyrith with Fu, as Xeno Vegetto was fighting him when Demigra sealed them. No idea if the fusion will have ended by now or not tho, considering... well, the "time" thing I guess.

Is it really confirmed it is Goku tho? I personally believe it would be more interesting that Xeno Bardock, but the thing with the relationship charts and those sharp eyes seem to imply Bardock to me.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:10 am
Yeah, the narrator doesn't say "gokuu" there, but he does say "kokui" about the warrior clad in black, as in "kokui no senshi", and I can understand if some people misheard it. He also did mention Goku a bit earlier on and didn't finish that sentence until the warrior clad in black was shown, so maybe it's actually that people misinterpreted what the narrator was talking about due to how the visuals lined up. Or maybe people read 新時空 (shin jikuu, "new space-time" referring to the universe they're in) wrong when it popped up on the screen and thought it was 新悟空 (shin gokuu, "New Goku") instead. Hard for me to say.
I'm open to the idea of it being some form of Goku (the outlines of the eyes show that it can't just be a "regular" Goku), but I still think it's awfully convenient that the part of the face where Bardock's scar would be is still hidden.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link