"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:48 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:56 pm Thanks for the translation!

You know, I find very amusing how a lot of things we as fans saw as groundbreaking or whatever, had pretty simple origins. Like SSG Trunks? "We can't get assed to think of a SSJ4 form for Trunks", V4? "We need a shocking new character, let's give Vegito SSJ4". That said, I think the biggest takeaway from these things is that there's no "embargo" with Super elements like some people has speculated and it simply comes down to the people in charge of the games not wanting to use those elements.
Yep, will always try to do this when I can.

Not sure if there's an embargo or not (I remember S3 Hendrix posted something about consulting with Toriyama about using DBS Super elements in advance) but I think a bigger takeaway from this interview is how much influence Shueisha has over developmental stages of the DBH franchise. It's not just Bandai doing their own thing, they literally have to go through the primary DB publishing parent so it's not like they can just make whatever and throw it onto a print card. This is why I hate the term 'fanfic' when it's applied to SDBH.
DNA wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:57 am So in sum: "let's add a new character" after a while "nah, screw it, Vegetto Super Saiyan 4 is fine, everyone will be surprised by that".
Was anyone surprised? I gotta say barely anything surprises me about Dragon Ball Heroes.
I honestly thought V4 was a pretty big surprise compared to the previous one we got, which was just SS4 Bardock. The very first new SS4 fusion since SS4 Gogeta, it finally gave us both a SS4 and Blue version of the same fusion character instead of just having these preferential SS4 Gogeta vs SSB Vegetto sides with no compromise.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:31 am

Want to translate the bit about SSG XTrunks. Would appreciate it if someone could provide the rest of the interview so I can translate the rest of it.

Suzuki Rokushi, according to an anime production & staff database, was part of the planning and development of the first 11 SDBH promotional anime episodes, as well as in charge of card development for Ep. 12 and beyond.

Again, this part confirms that Shueisha is involved in the planning of the SDBH story and important character designs like those of the anniv. reveals. And it seems like the anime (Toei) and game (Bandai) staff overlap as well.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:17 am

When UVM 12 appeared ?

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:09 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/KamiCooper16 ... 4577337344

Mechikabura form in manga so badass .

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm

UVM 12 ad.

So we might get V4 appearing in story after all.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm Image

UVM 12 ad.

then trunks xeno should've became god after mechikaboola transformed again (Made no sense if all he used god power for was against Fin)

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:02 pm

UVM 12 ad.

then trunks xeno should've became god after mechikaboola transformed again (Made no sense if all he used god power for was against Fin)
well for one i think is a timing thing since the anniversary is always on November where they unveil the yearly new SS4 and the last mission of UVM just happened to be set in January this time, second SSG Trunks while way stronger than regular Trunks is far from SSGSS who could go head to head and even surpass SS4 if we are to compare the two Goku's fight at the beginning of UVM, what i'm trying to say is Trunks is now more or less on equal footing with the strongest people on the time patrol yet fusions are always the biggest thing they have so it makes sense to end it that way.
Gohan123 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:09 am https://mobile.twitter.com/KamiCooper16 ... 4577337344

Mechikabura form in manga so badass .
That looks awesome, it kinda looks like he is halfway to it's true demonic form, i'm gonna be sad when this is as far as he's gonna get.

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:16 pm

UVM 12 ad.

Why do I feel Fu will merging Xeno and Super timeline ? If this scenario happening I can see Mechikabura and Heart working together .

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:47 pm

V4 and G-Blue appearing at the same time against the final bosses is a nice parallel

Fu is likely manipulating events or just getting his kicks from watching them unfold.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Oh sweet, next age of DB episode is for FTrunks, and possibly for XTrunks in this case.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:03 am

Rakurai wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:11 pm Oh sweet, next age of DB episode is for FTrunks, and possibly for XTrunks in this case.
Does the ad say anything else interesting?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:24 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:03 am
Does the ad say anything else interesting?
Captions for each saga:

"Dark demon king Mechikaboola's true power unleashed. The assault of Majin Shroom and Salsa!!"

"Hearts, demonstrating unimaginable power like never before, challenges the fusion warrior Gogeta: UM!!"

Both will be released Jan. 2020.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:15 am

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:23 am

HECTOR4 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:15 am New animated trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8v7R0t ... =emb_title
That was unexpectedly expected lmao!

First things first, Hit and Jiren might not be absolute fodder once Gogeta appears, which I like. Things turn out differently, but yeah. He will be the main fighter though. I always wanted to see Hit use timeskip and actually travel with an ally inside frozen time. Imagine how broken that would be if he time skipped and Jiren went in! But Hearts will of course avoid such attacks.

On the Demon Realm, we have V4. Cool. God Trunks has a massive shiny sword. Anyone has an idea on what that is? A homage maybe to SS2 Rage FTrunks and the Spirit Sword of Hope used against Merged Zamasu? Mechikaboola looks sick. Reminds me for some reason, Issei's appearance as the Red Dragon Emperor from Highschool DxD lol.

Also, did I miss something? What's up with Shroom and Salsa? They look like they have powered up significantly. What forms are those? Makyouka/Transcended Demon God? Pretty sure only Demigra pulled that stuff.

V4, SS4 Gohan, Ultimate Goten, God Trunks and Pan. I feel like the heroes are overwhelmed in this instance.

Finally, Fin. Mira isn't absorbed and so isn't Mechikaboola. But he still retains that form or whatever? I mean he did also change after absorbing Gogeta and his appearance didn't alter afterwards, but yeah. Let's see.

EDIT: I like how in the 2 continuities we have one of the 2 fusions being the mainstream in use (Vegito for Super, Gogeta for Xeno) but at the most important battle the other fusion will come (Gogeta for Super, Vegito for Xeno)
Last edited by Grand Marshal 1 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
P O W E R

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:31 am

That was actually really interesting! We finally get more beastly Demon Gods and they are thein ones who had the fewer transformations so that's great. Mechikaboola's form is still meh but seeing V4 fighting alongside the Time Breakers is damn cool.

I still want to see Time Patrol's reaction to the revelation of Blue being above God tho, with all the hype God Trunks got on their side lol. I assume he wielding the key means that in the end they will just end sealing Mechikaboola yet again rather than actually defeating him (if they do win if course, after all we still don't know why they will meet with their CC counterparts in Big Bang mission right?)

Hearts looks oddly large in the trailer as well, or maybe it's just me.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:34 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:31 am

That was actually really interesting! We finally get more beastly Demon Gods and they are thein ones who had the fewer transformations so that's great. Mechikaboola's form is still meh but seeing V4 fighting alongside the Time Breakers is damn cool.

I still want to see Time Patrol's reaction to the revelation of Blue being above God tho, with all the hype God Trunks got on their side lol. I assume he wielding the key means that in the end they will just end sealing Mechikaboola yet again rather than actually defeating him (if they do win if course, after all we still don't know why they will meet with their CC counterparts in Big Bang mission right?)

Wait, so what Trunks is holding is a key? Interesting. The key that opens up the Time Labyrinth or something?

Also, the nod Vegito gives to Dabura is due to them being allies? When did the other Demon Gods left Mechi's side, or am I wrong?
P O W E R

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:40 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:23 am

That was unexpectedly expected lmao!

First things first, Hit and Jiren might not be absolute fodder once Gogeta appears, which I like. Things turn out differently, but yeah. He will be the main fighter though. I always wanted to see Hit use timeskip and actually travel with an ally inside frozen time. Imagine how broken that would be if he time skipped and Jiren went in! But Hearts will of course avoid such attacks.

On the Demon Realm, we have V4. Cool. God Trunks has a massive shiny sword. Anyone has an idea on what that is? A homage maybe to SS2 Rage FTrunks and the Spirit Sword of Hope used against Merged Zamasu? Mechikaboola looks sick. Reminds me for some reason, Issei's appearance as the Red Dragon Emperor from Highschool DxD lol.

Also, did I miss something? What's up with Shroom and Salsa? They look like they have powered up significantly. What forms are those? Makyouka/Transcended Demon God? Pretty sure only Demigra pulled that stuff.

V4, SS4 Gohan, Ultimate Goten, God Trunks and Pan. I feel like the heroes are overwhelmed in this instance.

Finally, Fin. Mira isn't absorbed and so isn't Mechikaboola. But he still retains that form or whatever? I mean he did also change after absorbing Gogeta and his appearance didn't alter afterwards, but yeah. Let's see.
Didn't Fin get his "ultimate" form just from absorbing data that Towa collected rather than absorbing someone? I don't think he ever absorbed Mechikaboola either.

I really do hope that Hit and Jiren team up with Gogeta, since I would actually buy that fight being plausible (and way cooler) than Gogeta soloing without new stuff. But I wouldn't hold my breath since it's kinda unusal for a fusion to fight alongside someone. Which remains me of how much I wanted to see Vegeto teaming up with Trunks against Zamasu, or speaking about Heroes itself, "Canon" Broly and Gogeta.

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:34 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:31 am

Wait, so what Trunks is holding is a key? Interesting. The key that opens up the Time Labyrinth or something?

Also, the nod Vegito gives to Dabura is due to them being allies? When did the other Demon Gods left Mechi's side, or am I wrong?
It does look similar toa the keys that were used previously when they fought the demons separately but I don't know for sure, it was just my interpretation.

And the trailer shows them fighting together at the right? I assume that they left his side because once he transformed he said he didn't need them anymore (in the arcade at least) and then attacked them iirc. I thought only Mira and Fin escaped tho so I have no idea where did the others come from.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:43 am

Oh my goodness they gave Trunks a super death sword. :lol:
I'm all for being creative, but I don't know about that one. Mechikabra's (Mechikaboola's? I'm pretty out of the loop here) new form is also... not the best thing I've seen.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:07 am

That opening rules and I am giddy about V4 finally having another story appearance.

Who are the demon Lord's still working with Mechakibura?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 am

So even Tokitoki with a transformation now?

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~