"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:12 pm

Do you think Doctor Uiro will have sometype of fusion with Gero or Myuu? I think it would be cool to see his brain in another evil scientist body.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Do you think Doctor Uiro will have sometype of fusion with Gero or Myuu? I think it would be cool to see his brain in another evil scientist body.
I dunno about a fusion (though I'm still kinda hoping for a version of him in Goku's body), but I wouldn't put it past Heroes to do another Super 17 type storyline, only this time it's Dr. Gero, Dr. Myuu, AND Dr. Uiro working together towards some end.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

saberman90

Post by saberman90 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Do you think Doctor Uiro will have sometype of fusion with Gero or Myuu? I think it would be cool to see his brain in another evil scientist body.
I dunno about a fusion (though I'm still kinda hoping for a version of him in Goku's body), but I wouldn't put it past Heroes to do another Super 17 type storyline, only this time it's Dr. Gero, Dr. Myuu, AND Dr. Uiro working together towards some end.
You might as well add Dr. Raichi.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:17 pm

The doctors Kochin, Raichi, Mu and Gero are all in the JM6 video with Dr. Uiro, so who knows.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:19 pm

saberman90 wrote:You might as well add Dr. Raichi.
...I knew there was a mad scientist I was forgetting about.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:48 pm

Having those guys team would be cool. I remember I made a fan fiction with Uiro teaming up with Myuu since I always like Dr. Uiro and I might have been the only DBZ fan on the web that made a fan fiction of him. Unlike the Super 17 saga, they don't turn against each other.
She/Her

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:48 am

This upcoming issue of Saikyo Jump reveals Super Saiyan 4 Broli in all his...um, glory? I guess.

The only other note from the Ameblo blog with the picture (rehosted for leeching) is that the war with Broli apparently won't begin until JM7. So he's not going to be available for another ~3 months or so. Looking at the pictures though, he's taken down Note, Beat and SS4 Goku & Vegeta. Typical lame over hyping of Broli and an even lamer way to introduce SS4 Gogeta anyone?

Also, my only personal notes about him are that I'm disappointed that he's in his buff "Legendary" state yet again and also that he didn't get a change of clothes...not even anything minor.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:55 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:This upcoming issue of Saikyo Jump reveals Super Saiyan 4 Broli in all his...um, glory? I guess.

The only other note from the Ameblo blog with the picture (rehosted for leeching) is that the war with Broli apparently won't begin until JM7. So he's not going to be available for another ~3 months or so. Looking at the pictures though, he's taken down Note, Beat and SS4 Goku & Vegeta. Typical lame over hyping of Broli and an even lamer way to introduce SS4 Gogeta anyone?
Thought his hair would look different. Seems to look just like Goku. Oh well. I want to see gameplay though

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:15 am

I doubt the gameplay will be any different than the usual Broli gameplay, it's not like Super Saiyan 3 Broli gained anything noteworthy. All this hype and secrecy for a disappointingly bland look.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 am

Not really surprising they would do the article like this...though the pics of the heroes being down certainly gives you that dark vibe.

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flopro18 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:08 am

This is what I expected. I had a gut feeling he would look like this and I was right and I'm happy with the design. I wasn't expecting anything overly crazy like a different hair color or him to be slim so I'm happy with what we have overall. This still makes me a happy what if fanboy. If this is their way to introduce SS4 Vegito or Gohan, I'm ecstatic

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:07 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Looking at the pictures though, he's taken down Note, Beat and SS4 Goku & Vegeta. Typical lame over hyping of Broli
Well, what did you expect? That's what Broli is famous for, and that's all he does in every movie: he beats the shit out of everyone, until they miraculously find a way to defeat him.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:57 am

DNA wrote:I doubt the gameplay will be any different than the usual Broli gameplay, it's not like Super Saiyan 3 Broli gained anything noteworthy. All this hype and secrecy for a disappointingly bland look.
I see your point, also I see it the same way you do. But man! Being kid, I would be totally overhyped and crazy about this!
I think that we are forgeting that it is a kid show mainly. And kids are buying (with parents' financial back-up) stuff like this.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:04 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Looking at the pictures though, he's taken down Note, Beat and SS4 Goku & Vegeta. Typical lame over hyping of Broli
Well, what did you expect? That's what Broli is famous for, and that's all he does in every movie: he beats the shit out of everyone, until they miraculously find a way to defeat him.
It's exactly what I expected, but not what I wanted. If this is the route they are taking though, then I guess having to require SS4 Gogeta to beat SS4 Broli is better than needing SS4 Gogeta to beat LSS Broli...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:17 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
It's exactly what I expected, but not what I wanted. If this is the route they are taking though, then I guess having to require SS4 Gogeta to beat SS4 Broli is better than needing SS4 Gogeta to beat LSS Broli...
Not wanting to start a power level debate, but Gogeta isn't that strong, so yeah, a Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta vs Super Saiyan 4 Broli actually seems plausible to me. Super Saiyan 3 Vegetto would be more than enough to cream Super Saiyan 4 Broli though.

I really wish they had worked more on this form, since Super Saiyan 4 really isn't a Super Saiyan form at all, Broli shouldn't have his "Legendary" traits. I wanted to see what they would do to his eyes for example. I admit I really liked the "Legendary" Super Saiyan 3 form, but I really don't like this one. It's boring, bland and lazy.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm not debating anything, as this isn't the place for it. Gogeta's not that inferior to Vegetto IMO. You guys can feel that Gogeta isn't that strong, but I don't buy into the whole rival boost and all that. SS4 Broli versus any of the fusions is ridiculous to me.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:06 pm

I kinda like LSSj4 Broli's design. I like having black hair on him then having him get green hair. I'm not surprise by having go LSSj4 since I knew it would be a matter of time before it happens. Heroes has been pretty much "Dragon Ball AF: The Video Game" for a while now.
She/Her

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:23 pm

It doesn't look bad or anything, but I would expect a "professionally" created character to be better than the other Budokai/Infinite World MODs around.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:18 am

So what do we countdown to now? Majin SSJ4 Broly (Omega Shenron absorbed) or SSJ5 Broly? :lol:

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:20 am

Once again I'd like to defend the what ifs from the people who just seem to have a problem with most of them. It's awesome that we get to see this stuff, it literally affects nothing about anything and my inner ten year old has a blast seeing all this cool stuff in an official thing especially what Heroes has become. Broli looks cool and yeah as a character he's sort of boring and just a mindless brute killing machine but I remember watching that movie in a movie theater years ago and having fun. That's all the entire dragon Ball franchise is about, entertainment and being fun. Now I just wish they had a console version that didn't need cards or anything like that. Just a normal DB fighting game with all these characters...and the animated videos cause they're awesome