"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Black seeing ss4 is non canon anyway. Zamasu was fine with taking in mortal sin in the form of Goku so ss4 shouldn't be a problem.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:57 pm

He only did it because he saw Goku wield godly power something that he saw as an offense. That is the complete opposite of what becoming SSJ4 entails.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:02 pm

Black may not like SS4 (does he even know about it?) and certainly doesn't fit him but after Goku and Vegeta kick his butt he won't have much of a choice.

Not to mention how would he go about it? like you need a Blutz Wave machine or someone who can use magic to tap into that kind of power and he's all by himself with no allies at the moment, not that they could't pull something out their ass anyways

What if he were to become stronger not as a SS4 or even UI but something different that has yet to exist? that sounds way cooler to me, can't really expect them to do anything too cool but i'll take it.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:49 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:56 pm Black was utterly disgusted by Gogeta SSJ4 in Fighterz so I don't see how any version of him would be fine with going full monkey without being character assassination. And yes, I know that we're talking about Heroes here but they've been good about keeping consistency through all the different iterations of the franchise.
Exactly!! The canon Goku Black, as in the one from canon Super, would have said "Only a mere mortal could take up a form that makes them look like savage monkeys". It is very out of character for Black to use SS4, it really doesn't fit him!

But I think it's because this Goku Black who appears here never encountered Future Zamasu, who somewhat reminded Black that he is Zamasu. So this Black genuinely thinks he's Goku and wants to be the strongest Goku.

But the Goku Black who appeared in Super (the one who met with Future Zamasu) and Fused Zamasu would never, ever, use SS3 or SS4. These forms are very savage and primitive-looking and so would be shunned by Zamasu immediately.

Can you picture Zamasu, who is very vainglorious and proud of his beauty, willingly taking on a form that makes him look like a caveman? Or an actual monkey? Nope!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:18 am

I think you are all over estimating zamasus vanity.

He already made the massive concession of leaving his Shinjin body behind and taking up a mortal one. He probably finds them all equally repellent. What's a little bit more body hair at that point.

Plus if he's going to die sunk cost fallacy would kick in and his previous concession would be for nothing.

He'd probably brag about how commited this shows he is to the mission or something.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:30 am

Black is in Goku's body and has used ss ss2 and created Rose. He'll use any form he needs to accomplish his goal.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:10 am

Why would he use a form he doesn't even know it exists instead of going after Ultra Instinct, a form that he already saw and knows Goku can use?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:25 am

SS4 doesn't fit Black at all. It doesn't fit his personality, charm, and techniques. I'd rather have this as his final form:

Of all the people who could have devolved back into a monkey, I never thought Black would do this.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:55 pm

I'm surprised he stooped to Super Saiyan Rosé 3, I don't think that kind of form suits him either. The lack of eyebrows strikes again! The idea that Rosé can be enhanced like that is already iffy to me, it opens up several cans of worms. I know the anime goes with it being his equivalent of Super Saiyan, I've always seen it as his counter to Super Saiyan Blue because of the colour and aura.

Anyway, I'm unreasonably curious about the Warrior in Black, as everyone seems to be. I find it funny that the arc that reintroduces Goku Black, the franchise's original mystery villain, gets upstaged by yet another mysterious character.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:26 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:55 pmThe idea that Rosé can be enhanced like that is already iffy to me, it opens up several cans of worms.
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan can also be enhanced like that. The question is if we ever going to see that.
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:55 pmI know the anime goes with it being his equivalent of Super Saiyan
May you provide a source for that?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:36 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:26 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:55 pmI know the anime goes with it being his equivalent of Super Saiyan
May you provide a source for that?
*sniff*... Nah, I have no idea where the idea comes from, probably some vague guidebook or interview answer, but a lot of people claim that's the case, likely combined with the fact that Black never showcases a regular Super Saiyan form outside of the manga. Like I said, I don't agree with that premise either.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:19 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:55 pmThe idea that Rosé can be enhanced like that is already iffy to me
Same here. IMO Toriyama used this concept for Rosé (and also Blue):
Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more.
That's why I don't think we will have something like "Blue 2", and that's why I don't think Rosé can evolve like that. But hey, we're talking about Heroes, so whatever.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:19 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:36 pm*sniff*... Nah, I have no idea where the idea comes from, probably some vague guidebook or interview answer, but a lot of people claim that's the case, likely combined with the fact that Black never showcases a regular Super Saiyan form outside of the manga. Like I said, I don't agree with that premise either.
Well, you said that it comes from the anime although that is not true. All the information we have on Super Saiyan Rosé comes from the manga and promotional material (for the anime). The former makes it very clear that Super Saiyan Rosé is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan counterpart. The latter provides disputable statement, and given that it comes from a promotional material, one is not obliged to accept it either (especially considering the implications the anime has, such as the look of the Super Sayan Rosé's aura).

Showcasing Super Saiyan or not in the anime, it makes no difference. Understanding what Super Saiyan Rosé is (and its counterpart) is enough to know that Super Saiyan Rosé 2 and 3 (as well as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 and 3) are possible in any media, since both use the regular Super Saiyan as their basis.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:49 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:49 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:56 pm Black was utterly disgusted by Gogeta SSJ4 in Fighterz so I don't see how any version of him would be fine with going full monkey without being character assassination. And yes, I know that we're talking about Heroes here but they've been good about keeping consistency through all the different iterations of the franchise.
Exactly!! The canon Goku Black, as in the one from canon Super, would have said "Only a mere mortal could take up a form that makes them look like savage monkeys". It is very out of character for Black to use SS4, it really doesn't fit him!

But I think it's because this Goku Black who appears here never encountered Future Zamasu, who somewhat reminded Black that he is Zamasu. So this Black genuinely thinks he's Goku and wants to be the strongest Goku.

But the Goku Black who appeared in Super (the one who met with Future Zamasu) and Fused Zamasu would never, ever, use SS3 or SS4. These forms are very savage and primitive-looking and so would be shunned by Zamasu immediately.

Can you picture Zamasu, who is very vainglorious and proud of his beauty, willingly taking on a form that makes him look like a caveman? Or an actual monkey? Nope!
This version of Black/Zamasu doesn't need to be reminded that he's not a saiyan or Goku. He's very much aware, he still refers to Goku and the others as just Saiyans and ningen/mortals. Idk how you formed this delusional idea, but he still very much knows he's a god that's trying to pull off his zero mortals plan.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:35 am

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:49 am

This version of Black/Zamasu doesn't need to be reminded that he's not a saiyan or Goku. He's very much aware, he still refers to Goku and the others as just Saiyans and ningen/mortals. Idk how you formed this delusional idea, but he still very much knows he's a god that's trying to pull off his zero mortals plan.
Because SS3 and SS4 are ugly as shit and I refuse to believe canon Black would sully himself by taking up those forms.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:49 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:35 am Because SS3 and SS4 are ugly as shit and I refuse to believe canon Black would sully himself by taking up those forms.
Then you don't know Black.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:16 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:35 am
Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:49 am

Because SS3 and SS4 are ugly as shit and I refuse to believe canon Black would sully himself by taking up those forms.
Not one of the mortal Saiyan forms are shitty in appearance, but all of the Godly Saiyan forms really do in fact look like if they were all nothing but half-assed attempts at trying to recapture what had made the mortal Saiyan forms so fondly remembered in the very first place. Like for an example, when the Legendary Super Saiyan form was first introduced in the Frieza Saga, it's power was more than enough to have allowed Son Goku to have defeated Frieza, way back when Frieza was considered the absolute strongest evil being in the known Universe at the time.

While much later on down the line, right when the Super Saiyan God form had been introduced for the very first time in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and every other future version of the Battle of Gods Saga, the Super Saiyan God form had failed to give Son Goku the power necessary to have defeated Hakaishin Beerus. With the future successors of Super Saiyan God in the form of Saiyan Beyond God, Super Saiyan Blue, Super Saiyan Blue: 10X Kaioken, Super Saiyan Rosé, Perfected Super Saiyan Blue, Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken, Super Saiyan Blue: Evolution, Super Saiyan Blue Berserker, and Dark Super Saiyan Blue also not being enough to give Son Goku the powers and abilities necessary to defeat Hakaishin Beerus.

And one more thing for me to point out, Zamasu in general is not only evil right down to the very own core of his very own being, but also a seriously petty, racist, backstabbing, and an effeminate hypocrite who is absolutely hellbent on causing omnicide to absolutely all forms of life around him.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:37 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:49 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:35 am Because SS3 and SS4 are ugly as shit and I refuse to believe canon Black would sully himself by taking up those forms.
I know enough about Black to know that a glorious God of beauty would not sully his body by looking like a caveman or a monkey.

But naturally since this is all non-canon I can simply pretend it never happened, since it indeed never happened in-universe.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:34 pm

This is becoming a bit out of hand and embarassing. There's really no need to be all worked up over fictional stuff as if it matters what a fictional character would or wouldn't do/say/act/react. Sometimes even reaching to the point of trying to "impersonate" said fictional character even though you've been told this is not a role play forum and to knock it off or worshipping fictional character the way you've been doing.

I don't know what's worse, this behavior or the moronic "this is not cannon!11!1!" as if it also mattered (it doesn't, also because there's no canon). We got the point already, as you claim yourself to be, you're Zamasu "fanboy", but you don't need to exaggerate in your worship to the character. Please just enjoy or dislike things normally. Relax, none of this happened anyway (Heroes, Super and etc), it's all fictional stuff.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:01 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:37 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:49 pm
I know enough about Black to know that a glorious God of beauty would not sully his body by looking like a caveman or a monkey.
Like, the complete basis of this character is that he does in fact do that. It's even in the name: Goku Black. It's even stated by Zamasu himself that he would indeed do such a thing. There's being mistaken and then there's 'You literally could not have acknoledge the character's existence without knowing this'.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017