"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Yeah, the "migatte no ora" from Xeno Goku had me chuckling as well. I hope that becomes the new thing if/when other characters start using UI. Migatte no Beerus, Migatte no Vegeta, etc.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the Demigra plot. If I recall correctly, they left off where Mechikabura came back and Demigra wanted to join forces with the Xeno gang to fight against him...
Majin Demigra wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:This don't make sense. Fu is probably strong enough to create a Big Bang by himself, so I really don't understand why he did all that. Well, I don't follow Heroes because of the script, though, so I'll expect for another "what if" form/transformation in the future as always.
Raw destructive power doesn't give you the powers to create a universe
Destroying a universe in DB terms is also vague as to what it means, whether it's only matter or if it includes the spacetime continuum. And only bona-fide GoDs have been verified to do that.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:30 am

Rakurai wrote:Yeah, the "migatte no ora" from Xeno Goku had me chuckling as well. I hope that becomes the new thing if/when other characters start using UI. Migatte no Beerus, Migatte no Vegeta, etc.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the Demigra plot. If I recall correctly, they left off where Mechikabura came back and Demigra wanted to join forces with the Xeno gang to fight against him...
Majin Demigra wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:This don't make sense. Fu is probably strong enough to create a Big Bang by himself, so I really don't understand why he did all that. Well, I don't follow Heroes because of the script, though, so I'll expect for another "what if" form/transformation in the future as always.
Raw destructive power doesn't give you the powers to create a universe
Destroying a universe in DB terms is also vague as to what it means, whether it's only matter or if it includes the spacetime continuum. And only bona-fide GoDs have been verified to do that.
Remember how Buuhan was collapsing the living universe's space-time continuum by screaming and how Super Buu and Gotenks screamed holes in reality? I'm sure destroying the universe's matter and space along with it's space-time continuum isn't out of the people above them's reach, like BoG Goku

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 am

CTAkuma wrote:
Fu should be able to create a universe given the statements and his history, doesn't mean that anyone who can destroy stuff can create the same thing
Yeah, but he seems powerful enough to do that.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Big bang requires creation powers. Creating time and space and matter.
Actually I'm talking more about just a really big explosion, not the whole concept of Big Bang (a big expansion who creates time and space, or something like that). If the translation is 100% accurate, Fu's plans are make a Big Bang and then create a new universe, not make a Big Bang to create a new universe. Maybe that's just my interpretation, but seems like he wants to destroy everything and then somehow recreate it.
Majin Demigra wrote:Raw destructive power doesn't give you the powers to create a universe
So why he needs to collect all that energy?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:28 am

No, the big bang is the new universe. That is what big bang means

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 am

I wonder if Zamasu was the one convincing Fu to make a new universe, possibly si he would be the only God.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Now that I think about it, what happened with Future Trunks getting SS3?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Fu should be able to create a universe given the statements and his history, doesn't mean that anyone who can destroy stuff can create the same thing
Yeah, but he seems powerful enough to do that.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Big bang requires creation powers. Creating time and space and matter.
Actually I'm talking more about just a really big explosion, not the whole concept of Big Bang (a big expansion who creates time and space, or something like that). If the translation is 100% accurate, Fu's plans are make a Big Bang and then create a new universe, not make a Big Bang to create a new universe. Maybe that's just my interpretation, but seems like he wants to destroy everything and then somehow recreate it.
Majin Demigra wrote:Raw destructive power doesn't give you the powers to create a universe
So why he needs to collect all that energy?

Fu clearly means he's doing the big bang inside the universe, and when Trunks asked what will happen to the universe they're in now Fu says it'll most likely be destroyed when it happens.

He can manipulate time and space so he possibly needs the energy to increase his power to do so. So do you think Battle of Gods Saga Goku or Frieza can create a universe just by detonating a ball of Ki? Creation is completely different from destruction.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Majin Demigra wrote: Remember how Buuhan was collapsing the living universe's space-time continuum by screaming and how Super Buu and Gotenks screamed holes in reality? I'm sure destroying the universe's matter and space along with it's space-time continuum isn't out of the people above them's reach, like BoG Goku
Buuhan collapsing the continuum was anime-only, but let's assume that it would still hold. It still isn't as impressive as doing it on the scale of the universe.

Super Buu & Gotenks could only create small ripples. We are talking about affecting the spacetime of the universe large-scale, which is several orders of magnitude huge (assuming the size of their universe would be the same as ours in some sense).

If anything, Goku Black did the same thing as Super Buu & Gotenks and that was supposedly impressive by their standards as well. So to collapse the entire universe is definitely out of their reach.

A battle between GoDs can destroy the universe at least in terms of matter, that is verified and confirmed although the spacetime part isn't. The battle between SSG Goku & Beerus is quite dubious because we have future battles between non-GoDs yet stronger than that tier, and they did not cause the same kind of effect.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Now that I think about it, what happened with Future Trunks getting SS3?
That was only a card for UM3 (4? I can't remember which). Cards do not reflect in-game story events.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:No, the big bang is the new universe. That is what big bang means
Yeah, but I saw the term being used a lot to define a really big explosion, not a expansion like the theory.
Majin Demigra wrote:Fu clearly means he's doing the big bang inside the universe, and when Trunks asked what will happen to the universe they're in now Fu says it'll most likely be destroyed when it happens.

He can manipulate time and space so he possibly needs the energy to increase his power to do so. So do you think Battle of Gods Saga Goku or Frieza can create a universe just by detonating a ball of Ki? Creation is completely different from destruction.
That's why I initially don't see logic in using the stolen energy to create a universe.

However, Fu didn't really explain how he would create a new universe, so there's a lot of possibilities.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Majin Demigra wrote: Remember how Buuhan was collapsing the living universe's space-time continuum by screaming and how Super Buu and Gotenks screamed holes in reality? I'm sure destroying the universe's matter and space along with it's space-time continuum isn't out of the people above them's reach, like BoG Goku
Buuhan collapsing the continuum was anime-only, but let's assume that it would still hold. It still isn't as impressive as doing it on the scale of the universe.

Super Buu & Gotenks could only create small ripples. We are talking about affecting the spacetime of the universe large-scale, which is several orders of magnitude huge (assuming the size of their universe would be the same as ours in some sense).

If anything, Goku Black did the same thing as Super Buu & Gotenks and that was supposedly impressive by their standards as well. So to collapse the entire universe is definitely out of their reach.

A battle between GoDs can destroy the universe at least in terms of matter, that is verified and confirmed although the spacetime part isn't. The battle between SSG Goku & Beerus is quite dubious because we have future battles between non-GoDs yet stronger than that tier, and they did not cause the same kind of effect.

The Daizenshuu attack dictionary says Buuhan would have wiped out the Living Universe if he didn't stop. Vegito told him to hit him with all that power instead of yelling. Also not all filler is not canon, remember how Bulma mentioned the Ginyu frog episode in the Golden Frieza Arc?

I used Super Buu and Gotenks as examples, surely you know they don't have universal range.

Except Black didn't do the same thingn he created a purple rift that spawned clones. Other characters being impressed or not doesn't matter when weaker characters have done it.

The Kai Realm is outside the universe ball and Goku and Beerus were going to destroy it with the shockwaves or ball of energy Beerus nullified, Goku surpassed that ball of energy later in the fight. Vegeta destroyed the RoSaT. Goku destroyed Hit's parallel worlds. To deny they have they range and power to destroy a universe's continuum at this point is ludicrous.

Do you know how repetitive putting the universe in danger every single fight would be? So you're calling the entire fight an outlier and saying everyone after the Battle of Gods saga is weaker than suppressed Beerus and Goku from then? I'm gonna stop here because this isn't the thread for this.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:49 pm

So Prison Planet is over now?
If so I hope they don't start a new arc right away and finish the current Demigra one and then just do one big arc with the Xeno and CC characters. Maybe it could even lead into Fuu meeting his parents.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:26 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:So Prison Planet is over now?
If so I hope they don't start a new arc right away and finish the current Demigra one and then just do one big arc with the Xeno and CC characters. Maybe it could even lead into Fuu meeting his parents.
The 8th Anniversary Guide for SDBH had an interview mentioning that Mechickaboola won't be appearing again for a little bit, but he'll return "soon" with the Time Kaioshin and Towa. So, since he was kind of the crux of the recent Demigra arc's cliffhanger, I'm guessing there's no immediate plans to dive into that by the next set? Meaning the Prison Planet arc's continuation (Universe Disturbance) will probably be what's up next in UVM6.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:So Prison Planet is over now?
The 8th Anniversary Guide for SDBH had an interview mentioning that Mechickaboola won't be appearing again for a little bit, but he'll return "soon" with the Time Kaioshin and Towa. So, since he was kind of the crux of the recent Demigra arc's cliffhanger, I'm guessing there's no immediate plans to dive into that by the next set? Meaning the Prison Planet arc's continuation (Universe Disturbance) will probably be what's up next in UVM6.
Oh, Demigra arc is already over? Well hopefully they integrate the Xeno characters with Universe Disturbance more.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:51 pm

New videos of a couple of missions just released covering other events pertaining to UM5.

Xeno Goku & Vegeta finding Fuu's lab and destroying it. Fought through Androids Super 13, 19, & 20. Might not be surprising information but they actually started to weaken the seals on the Prison Planet by destroying the lab.

F. Trunks confronting Majin Ozotto after the latter doing some info recon (+ eating parts of the planet). In the end, Ozotto used the Dragon Balls to summon Shenron and wished get out of the planet.

No plot twists but it's good to cover them since the videos/missions are there.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 pm

It's even funnier now that the anime chose to completely omit Ozotto, since he will be important in the future. Though I imagine they don't plan to continue the anime past Prison Planet.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:39 am

Just out of curiosity but how does this game even work?

Do you get these cards at random from packs like you did with Pokémon cards? Then you out the card on the Arcade machine so that'll appear in the game like Skylanders or something?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 am

Bullza wrote:Just out of curiosity but how does this game even work?

Do you get these cards at random from packs like you did with Pokémon cards? Then you out the card on the Arcade machine so that'll appear in the game like Skylanders or something?
I assume it works similar to an Arcade game like Dinosaur King, you put the money in the machine to play and each time the machine gives you a card. Though I have seen videos of people tkaing Heroes cards out of packs, so...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

JeffBelmont

Post by JeffBelmont » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 am

What exactly happened in the new Demigra arc?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am

Kanassa wrote:I assume it works similar to an Arcade game like Dinosaur King, you put the money in the machine to play and each time the machine gives you a card. Though I have seen videos of people tkaing Heroes cards out of packs, so...
Yes, it's both from the machine itself and also packs that you can purchase.

Additionally, V-Jump tends to come with at least one card every month (and has done so for a few years now). Beyond that, most pieces of merchandise these days will also try to have some type of tie-in; see the Yamcha manga coming with a card, various soundtracks and CD singles coming with a card, etc. Even Ultimate Mission X on 3DS came with cards to then use in the arcade version! They're packed in everywhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::