"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:05 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:01 am
Dragotaker wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:10 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:21 pm Well, basically the player female avatar has SSJ forms and Pan has new designs beside the DB heritage ones.
Same as having old design Bardock and Minus one, you can do SSJ Pan and if Toriyama retcons the look, well.

He himself stated that he doesn’t intend to go beyond EOZ because the characters would be old, so I don’t see him ever touch the GT timeframe or anything beyond Z, that would be suitable for older Pan to unlock SSJ.
I think the wost part is how Xeno Pan has been around in the story for years now yet she is completely useless and barely does anything other than the old "maiden in distress" for a very short moment before going out of sight again, just a pretty girl eyecandy for the boys who play the game like all shonen, after how strong Caulifla and Kale showing was in the Super anime you would expect way better for someone that happens to be the only granddaughter of the MC, doesn't help that the whole Xeno team has been on the background since the Super people appeared.
Well, she is kinda embarassing in the manga I am currently reading.
Not sure if eye candy, I never had a knack for drawn characters, male or female, but I like variety and like to play as both genders in games.
But well, yeah, otakus...

Seriously, GT Pan is annoying me since GT. She is shown to be prodigy in Z, her father being Gohan and Goku seriously loves her as her grandchild, her characterization past GT and into the heroes is really un-likable. A whiny brat or damsel in distress.
Bulma, Chi-chi and Videl all have their badass moments and Pan is basically this annoying extra.
Pan has the same problem as Yamcha here, since round 1 ended there are no mid tier opponents they can plausibly beat. So comic relief is at least some screen time.

Pan was always a damsel in GT. Super is treating her better but this arc was probably plotted a long time ago.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:24 am

King Vegeta and Turles still have no Ssj forms either

Unless Turles's Evil Saiyan form counts

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:33 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:24 am King Vegeta and Turles still have no Ssj forms either

Unless Turles's Evil Saiyan form counts
Turles yeah has that op form and King vegeta hasn't been in the manga for years, and when he was he was powered up by towa and shit.

I'm specifically talking about the current arc. We saw Pan fuck up demon realm henchmen already so she can fight just not like golden metal cooler.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:44 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:01 am Bulma, Chi-chi and Videl all have their badass moments and Pan is basically this annoying extra.
I think Pan had plenty of badass moments in GT, and honestly speaking more than Videl overall. You're giving her disservice yourself if you only remember the "bad" moments without pointing out the plenty of good too.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:44 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:01 am Bulma, Chi-chi and Videl all have their badass moments and Pan is basically this annoying extra.
I think Pan had plenty of badass moments in GT, and honestly speaking more than Videl overall. You're giving her disservice yourself if you only remember the "bad" moments without pointing out the plenty of good too.
The trouble is many people only watched enough GT to decide it was bad and haven't seen every scene with her.

Canon pan really only had EOZ till now and heroes so they want more. Now we have the new movie where she is tough and adorbs but she's just too underpowered here. Not sure what they can do.

Chuck her in the xeno time chamber thing come out older and with beast or something I guess.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:13 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am The trouble is many people only watched enough GT to decide it was bad and haven't seen every scene with her.
Everyone knows SSJ4, but not enough people give Pan credit for being the one to trigger it with her own efforts. In other words, the form wouldn't exist without her trying her best. But noo, "she amounted to nothing," "damsel" etc. I hate these buzzwords :thumbdown:

Many villains in the series were above her power that's true, but it's not her fault as a character either. It was hard to make such a power jump without it feeling forced at that point.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:59 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:13 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am The trouble is many people only watched enough GT to decide it was bad and haven't seen every scene with her.
Everyone knows SSJ4, but not enough people give Pan credit for being the one to trigger it with her own efforts. In other words, the form wouldn't exist without her trying her best. But noo, "she amounted to nothing," "damsel" etc. I hate these buzzwords :thumbdown:

Many villains in the series were above her power that's true, but it's not her fault as a character either. It was hard to make such a power jump without it feeling forced at that point.
I agree, GT is as much of Goku's story as Pan's. The issue is that is a product of its time and Pan is meant to be a supporting character rather than being on the frontlines, I guess that sucks if you wanted her to be badass but that doesn't mean she's a bad character.

Also, GT does have a much more reasonable power scaling compared to Super. So is normal that Pan just can't keep up with the main villains of the saga.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:48 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:59 pm
Xeogran wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:13 pm

I agree, GT is as much of Goku's story as Pan's. The issue is that is a product of its time and Pan is meant to be a supporting character rather than being on the frontlines, I guess that sucks if you wanted her to be badass but that doesn't mean she's a bad character.

Also, GT does have a much more reasonable power scaling compared to Super. So is normal that Pan just can't keep up with the main villains of the saga.
Ehh there's less power growth but there's less reason for it. Base gokus performance is stupid in GT, ss4 makes no sense for not being mentioned about and tails already stopping coming back on their own as the Saiyans got stronger.

At least god ki was a whole new explanation for the post buu cast to leapfrog the GT cast.

Gohan somehow went back to ss, but the files say he kept training yet was still surpassed by Goku despite his insane head start.

The dragons powers being in no way proportional to the wishes.

Random space alien bounty hunter stronger than any form of buu.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:01 pm

I know that Vegeta was cheated into SSJ4 with Blutz Waves, but damn, would be so cool if he retained his tail afterwards. In GT continuity, it is clear that his SSJ4 is basically a one time/one off deal, but in games having Vegeta and in the same regard, Goku (Xeno) reach SSJ4 without tails as a standard SSJ is kinda weird.

Overall, as Xeno Goku and Vegeta are basically more inclined to be GT selves, how cool it woould be if they had tails!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:01 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:01 pm I know that Vegeta was cheated into SSJ4 with Blutz Waves, but damn, would be so cool if he retained his tail afterwards. In GT continuity, it is clear that his SSJ4 is basically a one time/one off deal, but in games having Vegeta and in the same regard, Goku (Xeno) reach SSJ4 without tails as a standard SSJ is kinda weird.

Overall, as Xeno Goku and Vegeta are basically more inclined to be GT selves, how cool it woould be if they had tails!
I never thought about how they don't have tails, I'm just headcanoning it that they have them tucked away in base or they mastered the form so much and made its powe their own that they don't need the tail/blutz trigger.

It actually makes more sense about canon statements about tails not being needed once the Saiyan reaches a peak of power.

All the characters pretty much trained to the max in a time distortion in heroes so got to a level never seen in GT so it doesn't contradict anything

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:28 am

They really have Vegeta using Evolution in all media except the manga (where for whatever reason he has never used it on the Heroes story, not even once, despite Gogeta doing so...) instead of the Controlled Berserker form huh? Are they just gonna ignore it? Because it doesn't have any real excuse unlike silver-haired UI

Also, this arc really feels like its suffering the same pacing issues of the Prison Planet and the Universe Creation arcs. First halves of a new mission being unnecesary slow and then the other ones being way faster... Why do they keep doing that? It has to be intentional isn't it? But I don't get the logic behind it at all, given each arc is one year long in Real time.

Anyways, seems like Piccolo in Black will be the last one to be defeated. Kind of a shame since he is the most interesting one to me by far, mostly because he feels out of place compared to his fellow warriors. I'm really curious about his backstory and if they will give him an equivalent to the Ultimate form -I mean, he got his power unlocked by the DBs just like in SH...just with a different, way more powerful set!-
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:02 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:28 am They really have Vegeta using Evolution in all media except the manga (where for whatever reason he has never used it on the Heroes story, not even once, despite Gogeta doing so...) instead of the Controlled Berserker form huh? Are they just gonna ignore it? Because it doesn't have any real excuse unlike silver-haired UI

Also, this arc really feels like its suffering the same pacing issues of the Prison Planet and the Universe Creation arcs. First halves of a new mission being unnecesary slow and then the other ones being way faster... Why do they keep doing that? It has to be intentional isn't it? But I don't get the logic behind it at all, given each arc is one year long in Real time.

Anyways, seems like Piccolo in Black will be the last one to be defeated. Kind of a shame since he is the most interesting one to me by far, mostly because he feels out of place compared to his fellow warriors. I'm really curious about his backstory and if they will give him an equivalent to the Ultimate form -I mean, he got his power unlocked by the DBs just like in SH...just with a different, way more powerful set!-
Yeah I guess in the manga we have bardock and piccolo left and in the anime we have Bardock over and the glass one maybe over? it's hard to tell.

I wonder if they have retroactively kinda tried to do more to promote the new movie, like last minute changes.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:59 pm

Since it was mentioned that GT was Pan and Goku's stroy I wonder if GT was remade today would Pan also have a version of SS4?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:48 pm

So, looks like Yamcha may finally have a girlfriend again :wink:

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:19 pm

Seriously disappointed they still hadn't the Glass-Hearts interaction after his arc.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:29 pm

Thani wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:19 pm Seriously disappointed they still hadn't the Glass-Hearts interaction after his arc.
They do interact in the manga. It's probably only in the anime where it won't happen since for whatever reason he is not even there to face her.
TobyS wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:02 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:28 am
Yeah I guess in the manga we have bardock and piccolo left and in the anime we have Bardock over and the glass one maybe over? it's hard to tell.

I wonder if they have retroactively kinda tried to do more to promote the new movie, like last minute changes.
Yeah, when it comes to the glass warrior it is indeed really hard to say because in the anime -and I suppose the arcade too because of the animated trailer- she has those clones that seem to act in their own accord as one was surprised about what she said about Yamcha. So would they still be enemies if she allied with the main characters? (Also, those clones have the very same colours as Laggs, does that mean she was a clone all along? Probably not but it would be a cool twist tbh) Gohan is out and Bardock is probably down for a while at the very least, but she seems to be doing fine so far. I don't even kniw how they will deal with Piccolo or why in the anime there were those random characters from outside the tournament facing him too.

I think it's possible they knew about the new movie forms beforehand, but I'm not sure what they may do with them. They could in theory have Gohan unlock Beast somehow given it has like zero explanation but Piccolo can't get his new forms without outside help. We may see next year just like Gogeta showed up to fight Hearts a year after the Broly movie came out.

But we can only wait to see how it will all play out. We should be heading to the arc's climax soon anyways, with Goku vs Aios and Demigra showing up -that's why I'm surprised Piccolo is still not defeated

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:06 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:29 pm
Thani wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:19 pm Seriously disappointed they still hadn't the Glass-Hearts interaction after his arc.
They do interact in the manga. It's probably only in the anime where it won't happen since for whatever reason he is not even there to face her.
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:28 am

Yeah, when it comes to the glass warrior it is indeed really hard to say because in the anime -and I suppose the arcade too because of the animated trailer- she has those clones that seem to act in their own accord as one was surprised about what she said about Yamcha. So would they still be enemies if she allied with the main characters? (Also, those clones have the very same colours as Laggs, does that mean she was a clone all along? Probably not but it would be a cool twist tbh) Gohan is out and Bardock is probably down for a while at the very least, but she seems to be doing fine so far. I don't even kniw how they will deal with Piccolo or why in the anime there were those random characters from outside the tournament facing him too.

I think it's possible they knew about the new movie forms beforehand, but I'm not sure what they may do with them. They could in theory have Gohan unlock Beast somehow given it has like zero explanation but Piccolo can't get his new forms without outside help. We may see next year just like Gogeta showed up to fight Hearts a year after the Broly movie came out.

But we can only wait to see how it will all play out. We should be heading to the arc's climax soon anyways, with Goku vs Aios and Demigra showing up -that's why I'm surprised Piccolo is still not defeated
Yeah it's odd think I saw a next ep preview with Piccolo so if Bardock and Gohan only got one ep each I'm sure he will be down by the end of it.

TBH I'm surprised how weak the WIB are. The Dark DB's should be giving Granolah level power not just Ultimate levels IDK.

I wonder if any of these guys join the Xeno crew after this, it's long overdue for a Xeno Piccolo IMO.

And yeah I prefer the manga but I generally understand why they made the choices they made in the anime, except for these leftovers.

I think maybe in the anime Hearts got the fairy before they wiped everyone else out, so these are the leftovers from round 1?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:50 pm

What are your theories on where this arc will go? Will Demigra finally get a prevalent role and become the final boss? Will Aios join him or the good side by then, what do you think?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:55 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:06 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:29 pm

Yeah it's odd think I saw a next ep preview with Piccolo so if Bardock and Gohan only got one ep each I'm sure he will be down by the end of it.

TBH I'm surprised how weak the WIB are. The Dark DB's should be giving Granolah level power not just Ultimate levels IDK.

I wonder if any of these guys join the Xeno crew after this, it's long overdue for a Xeno Piccolo IMO.

And yeah I prefer the manga but I generally understand why they made the choices they made in the anime, except for these leftovers.

I think maybe in the anime Hearts got the fairy before they wiped everyone else out, so these are the leftovers from round 1?
I wasn't expecting them to be Granolah tier because the wish didn't seem to have any downside and Heroes seems scared of having UI Goku actually fight anyone stronger than him (the form always wears off before that happens...) but yeah, they seem oddly weak. In fact seeing how powerful Bardock was before he was even powered up by the wish I was expecting a lot more than just UI Sign level bit oh well. Gohan was also really weak, but at least Trunks defeating him was nice from a narrative standpoint.

While your explanation makes a lot of sense it doesn't really work, Hearts' team was not shown with a fairy -which fits with how in all other media his team just survived against the rest- and those can't be the leftovers from the tournament beacuse there were some random characters that didn't participate like Basil and Bergamo (and the losing teams were said to be erased in the anime too). It could be just another of Toei's mistakes tho :lol:
Xeogran wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:50 pm What are your theories on where this arc will go? Will Demigra finally get a prevalent role and become the final boss? Will Aios join him or the good side by then, what do you think?
I have an awful track record when trying to predict Heroes, but imho it will be kind of a three-way conflict (similar to how Goku Black was not on Fu's side, trough they were not in a direct confrontation).

Demigra has always wanted to be the Kaioshin of Time even before Chronoa got the position, which means Aios didn't choose him as a succesor. Because of that I don't think she will ally with him, specially because he has never shown any real disdain for the existence of multiple timelines. She probably won't ally with the main cast either tho, as her goals are just too extreme in their eyes and she has been shown erasing entire timelines in front of them. The only way I could see it happening is if Demigra somehow becomes too big of a threat, but I don't see how that will happen in this arc when there is so little time left. It will obviously lead to the next one tho so we may see some kind of set-up for it.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:10 pm

oh yeah that's a good point, Demigra probably loathes Aios for not choosing him