"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm

While we're on the topic of GT, I just want to note how hard SDBH has been driving GT lately, not only in casting the current Demon realm story setting in the GT world, but also with the "Age of DB: Episode GT," the new GT campaign cards, and the new GT Goku SEC (the one with the GT opening 2 Kamehameha). Hell even the website has been redesigned to include GT on one half, and the Universe Survival arc in the other. And one obv cannot discount the influence that SDBH has across Japan in terms of marketing the franchise either.

In addition to the above and not even counting other video game highlights/appearances such from Dokkan or Legends, GT has been re-airing on Tokyo MX on Tuesdays at 22:00 JST and several new merch lineups for the S4s have been coming out within the past year.

What does this all tell me, seems like there's been a resurgence of popularity for GT in Japan again at the very least.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm While we're on the topic of GT, I just want to note how hard SDBH has been driving GT lately, not only in casting the current Demon realm story setting in the GT world, but also with the "Age of DB: Episode GT," the new GT campaign cards, and the new GT Goku SEC (the one with the GT opening 2 Kamehameha). Hell even the website has been redesigned to include GT on one half, and the Universe Survival arc in the other. And one obv cannot discount the influence that SDBH has across Japan in terms of marketing the franchise either.

In addition to the above and not even counting other video game highlights/appearances such from Dokkan or Legends, GT has been re-airing on Tokyo MX on Tuesdays at 22:00 JST and several new merch lineups for the S4s have been coming out within the past year.

What does this all tell me, seems like there's been a resurgence of popularity for GT in Japan again at the very least.
what are the chances of them bringing it back as an Anime or film? maybe cook up some new stories starting off from where Goku Leaves with shenron and It's up to Vegeta, Gohan, Pan, and Uub to protect the earth and Gotenks as support (Similar to DBAF) I love Super Saiyan 4

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Is this good or anything important to Heroes ? https://dragonball.news/news/n190718380.html

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:46 pm

It's just a card binder being advertised. It will come with the UI Goku and Hearts cards pictured, and is for storing cards in.

Just merchandise.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:52 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:36 pm I would've phrased it more lightly but I was also going to bring up Broly and Bardock as counterexamples.

Saying something like "GT logic doesn't apply to DBZ" is just nonsensical. GT follows from Z, SDBH uses mechanics that were introduced in GT and applies them to Z characters ("GT logic" so to speak) and even Super characters (Tsufurujins Oren and Kamin and their shtick) so any mechanics or processes that were introduced in GT can definitely make their way onto other characters that aren't labeled as GT.
And you wouldn't have a point. Mostly because I wasn't including movie characters and Bardock isn't technically a Z character, despite the obvious marketing done by obvious reasons. I should have specified the exceptions to my statement, though. I must be precise and foresee the misunderstanding at all times.

Your example of Tsufurujins doesn't hold water. They are Tsufurujins from another Universe and has no relation to Baby or anything seen in Dragon Ball GT. Any similarity is purely for references/callback purporses. In the series, it would be the same thing. As it is already the case with Broly (Dragon Ball Super) and that Yadorat in the Universe Survival saga.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:52 am
Rakurai wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:36 pm I would've phrased it more lightly but I was also going to bring up Broly and Bardock as counterexamples.

Saying something like "GT logic doesn't apply to DBZ" is just nonsensical. GT follows from Z, SDBH uses mechanics that were introduced in GT and applies them to Z characters ("GT logic" so to speak) and even Super characters (Tsufurujins Oren and Kamin and their shtick) so any mechanics or processes that were introduced in GT can definitely make their way onto other characters that aren't labeled as GT.
And you wouldn't have a point. Mostly because I wasn't including movie characters and Bardock isn't technically a Z character, despite the obvious marketing done by obvious reasons. I should have specified the exceptions to my statement, though. I must be precise and foresee the misunderstanding at all times.
Are we forgetting SSJ4 Vegito is a thing? You know, from DBZ? Also, Bardock appeared in DBZ episode 78, making him a Z character.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:15 am

The Vegetto who transforms into Super Saiyan 4 is a result from a Goku and Vegeta from after Dragon Ball GT. Hence the name "Xeno Vegetto".
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:15 am The Vegetto who transforms into Super Saiyan 4 is a result from a Goku and Vegeta from after Dragon Ball GT. Hence the name "Xeno Vegetto".

I'll give you that, but you didn't answer Bardock officially being a Z character.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm While we're on the topic of GT, I just want to note how hard SDBH has been driving GT lately, not only in casting the current Demon realm story setting in the GT world, but also with the "Age of DB: Episode GT," the new GT campaign cards, and the new GT Goku SEC (the one with the GT opening 2 Kamehameha). Hell even the website has been redesigned to include GT on one half, and the Universe Survival arc in the other. And one obv cannot discount the influence that SDBH has across Japan in terms of marketing the franchise either.

I'm inclined to think that GT was always popular, is just now that Bandai/Toei are truly capitalizing on its popularity. Is entirely possible that this change in attitude is because of either GT as whole or concepts from it will be coming back in a big way in the near future. Although this is most likely just wishful thinking.

And speaking of merch, the new SSJ4 figures and the Golden Oozaru are a delight

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 pm

WOOOOOOOOOO BABY!!

I'm not one to jump at collecting statues but I need that Oozaru.. We dont get stuff like that often!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:51 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:02 pm
what are the chances of them bringing it back as an Anime or film? maybe cook up some new stories starting off from where Goku Leaves with shenron and It's up to Vegeta, Gohan, Pan, and Uub to protect the earth and Gotenks as support (Similar to DBAF) I love Super Saiyan 4
Not very high I think. It's evident that DBS is the main franchise brand at this point, and it's a very lucrative one, any DB anime/film that will be produced will be done in the name of DBS or SDBH for familiarity and marketing.
Grimlock wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:52 am And you wouldn't have a point. Mostly because I wasn't including movie characters and Bardock isn't technically a Z character, despite the obvious marketing done by obvious reasons. I should have specified the exceptions to my statement, though. I must be precise and foresee the misunderstanding at all times.

Your example of Tsufurujins doesn't hold water. They are Tsufurujins from another Universe and has no relation to Baby or anything seen in Dragon Ball GT. Any similarity is purely for references/callback purporses. In the series, it would be the same thing. As it is already the case with Broly (Dragon Ball Super) and that Yadorat in the Universe Survival saga.
Bardock not technically a Z character? Hmm let's take a look at the full title of his TV special:

ドラゴンボールZ たったひとりの最終決戦〜フリーザに挑んだZ戦士 孫悟空の父

The TV special is directly tied to the Z anime. So yes you are wrong on that. Same with Broly even tho he is a movie villain but in a different continuity. They are both part of the Z franchise.

What do you mean the Tsufurujins have no relation to Baby? They are not family but they are artificial beings created by the Tsufurujins. They outright look similar to Baby and have his ability to control bodies and alter their appearance of their host.

The main point is, Blutz wave overload should in principle turn a Saiyan into a giant great monkey, maybe a golden great monkey, maybe a Super Saiyan 4 if the right conditions are met. Btw Cumber turned into a golden great ape despite that being "GT logic" according to your reasoning. Granted he didn't turn into a S4 but that doesn't mean he can't later on through the same principle.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am
I'm inclined to think that GT was always popular, is just now that Bandai/Toei are truly capitalizing on its popularity. Is entirely possible that this change in attitude is because of either GT as whole or concepts from it will be coming back in a big way in the near future. Although this is most likely just wishful thinking.

And speaking of merch, the new SSJ4 figures and the Golden Oozaru are a delight[/img]
What's annoying is that they're still using the DBS logo to brand GT characters (and same with Z characters too), which just shows the immense influence the DBS brand it has on the franchise.

What's even more annoying to me is how they've stylized "The Greatest Saiyan" like the Funimation "Dragon Ball GT" logo, particularly the back red triangle. I never liked how Funimation tried to rebrand GT as this darker edgier show, and I'm sad to see even the JP merch turn this way.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Okay, moving the discussion back to SDBH, not GT...

Just confirmed that the Frieza of the RoF crew inside Towa's gate in UVM9 is indeed Golden Frieza (Golden Frieza char icon to the right):

https://twitter.com/Lord_Towa9377/statu ... 1065048064

And XVegeta fights him + the RoF crew + Towa + Mira by himself. What a beast.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:59 pm

So I've been wanting to ask this for quite a while now ...what are your guy's opinions on The Core Area Warriors? (Hearts, Zamas, lagss, Cumber, Kamin, Oren) Do you think they're cool or if the story they're used for is doing them justice? Any Fave Core Area Warrior? Since Heroes is separate from SUPER and is it's own thing (Although non-canon until stated otherwise) is there anything story wise or lore wise you'd like to Heroes do with the core area warriors or any future potential villains that are specifically made for the SUPER Portion of Heroes ?

really want gauge you guys and get your feedback !

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:55 pm Okay, moving the discussion back to SDBH, not GT...

Just confirmed that the Frieza of the RoF crew inside Towa's gate in UVM9 is indeed Golden Frieza (Golden Frieza char icon to the right):

Make sense going by Heroes' powerscailing Since Super Saiyan 4 Goku Xeno can go toe to toe with SSB Goku (Post T.O.P)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:13 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:55 pm Okay, moving the discussion back to SDBH, not GT...

Hate to break this to you, but that’s a different mission than the one from the demon realm story with Towa as the boss, cause as you can see there is no demon god Towa with the other icons.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:50 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:59 pm So I've been wanting to ask this for quite a while now ...what are your guy's opinions on The Core Area Warriors? (Hearts, Zamas, lagss, Cumber, Kamin, Oren) Do you think they're cool or if the story they're used for is doing them justice? Any Fave Core Area Warrior? Since Heroes is separate from SUPER and is it's own thing (Although non-canon until stated otherwise) is there anything story wise or lore wise you'd like to Heroes do with the core area warriors or any future potential villains that are specifically made for the SUPER Portion of Heroes ?

really want gauge you guys and get your feedback !
Hearts: let's see how the story proceeds. He says he wants to free mortals from Zeno and that's actually a good idea.

Zamasu: How did he come back to life exactly? Is Fuu as powerful as Super Shenron? Unreal.

Cumber: Very bland, don't like him. Also, the only good thing about him (he knows Ssj God so maybe he fought Yamoshi) was random and never elaborated again.

Lagss: I guess she's okay, the sole survivor of an extinct race.

Oren and Kamin: Their backstory is weird. They were created by the Tuffles, they had "inputs" about Time-Skip (HOW??) yet their creators wanted to destroy them? What a mess.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:07 am

So SDBH is getting a second round of cady toys

Any guesses on the two secrets? I'm saying Pan Xeno and Gogeta Xeno KK

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 pm

I liked watching piccolo and 17 fighting together is something I would have liked to see in the original series although unfortunately in heroes there really is no interactions

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:03 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:13 pm Hate to break this to you, but that’s a different mission than the one from the demon realm story with Towa as the boss, cause as you can see there is no demon god Towa with the other icons.
Shoot you're right. I got confused and thought the Towa attacking was the enemy Towa lol. Do you happen to know if UVM9 Frieza is a transforming type btw?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:14 pm

This is one badass custom card

https://twitter.com/Spirit_Xeno/status/ ... 5569290240

And next Saikyou Jump Promo card is Goku Xeno