"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:03 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:42 am
Dragotaker wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:46 pmWhat did they announce last year anyway??? i thought it was the same as now with SSG Trunks instead of V4
Last year we got Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegetto and this year is Super Saiyan God Xeno Trunks, who may or may not be the only big surprise. As Heroes broke the pattern of going up until the tenth mission (as the previous one went up to the eighth mission), everything's become possible, even more than one character getting a transformation. Do expect that to be the case, as I've long awaited something for Pan, Goten and mainly King Vegeta.
Right, but what character getting a new transformation could warrant such big announcement???
Because those three sure won't, i can only think of something like a new SS4 if they are going about new forms and there is no way is gonna be Trunks right now, Cumber should be coming back anytime soon so he's my bet, whatever it is i hope is something worth the wait, the last event pretty much spoiled everything for the rest of the year so i wasn't really expecting more big things to be announced so soon.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:04 am

Dragotaker wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:03 am
Grimlock wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:42 am
Dragotaker wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:46 pmWhat did they announce last year anyway??? i thought it was the same as now with SSG Trunks instead of V4
Last year we got Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegetto and this year is Super Saiyan God Xeno Trunks, who may or may not be the only big surprise. As Heroes broke the pattern of going up until the tenth mission (as the previous one went up to the eighth mission), everything's become possible, even more than one character getting a transformation. Do expect that to be the case, as I've long awaited something for Pan, Goten and mainly King Vegeta.
Right, but what character getting a new transformation could warrant such big announcement???
Because those three sure won't, i can only think of something like a new SS4 if they are going about new forms and there is no way is gonna be Trunks right now, Cumber should be coming back anytime soon so he's my bet, whatever it is i hope is something worth the wait, the last event pretty much spoiled everything for the rest of the year so i wasn't really expecting more big things to be announced so soon.
I know that this is a little irrelevant to how things progress and I am trying to keep up the best with new Heroes stuff, but if anything Cumber continuing his Super Saiyan 3 route and having just one more peak form would be for the best imo. He is a good candidate for Super Saiyan 4, but I say that 4 should be given to Adult Gotenks.

That would be thrilling for me. Gotenks following the steps of his father and becoming a SSJ4!!!
P O W E R

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:03 amRight, but what character getting a new transformation could warrant such big announcement???
Because those three sure won't,
That's a matter of opinion, actually. Just the involvement of King Vegeta in all of this was a huge deal for me (thought he would remain forgotten forever), him getting a transformation will be the same thing. I'd like Pan to get Super Saiyan only because she's the only one in the family who doesn't transform and Goten because he's stuck in Super Saiyan (while Trunks gets all the forms, even Baby Trunks. I wanted Baby Goten too). Xeno Goten got the Ultimate transformation, but you know... Not enough.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:19 pm

So...When do you guys think Heroes' will be adapting DB Legends & Jump Force (Primarily the characters Toriyama Designed for both) DBZ Kakarot (Adding Bonyu and any other new character that hasn't been revealed)

Yes I know Kane is a rip off of Hit & Mira
Galena is a rip off of Towa

ALSO do you know how crazy it'd be if Heroes' were to do a collaboration with the Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger Series and have their characters as cards or create a scenario where the time patrol invade their world and help them battle a powerful foe? It'd make BANK

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:19 pm So...When do you guys think Heroes' will be adapting DB Legends & Jump Force (Primarily the characters Toriyama Designed for both) DBZ Kakarot (Adding Bonyu and any other new character that hasn't been revealed)

Yes I know Kane is a rip off of Hit & Mira
Galena is a rip off of Towa

ALSO do you know how crazy it'd be if Heroes' were to do a collaboration with the Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger Series and have their characters as cards or create a scenario where the time patrol invade their world and help them battle a powerful foe? It'd make BANK

It’s possible they’ll cover DBL material when it ends(tho I also suspect UM11 May start covering some of the DBS manga content with Moro),also they’ll never cover Jump Force(if they wanted to they already would have) and bonyu they’ll probably just give her a special mission that’s a boss fight.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:48 am

I just have a couple of observations to make:
1. I'm really surprised that Goku and Vegeta JR have never made it into the game. Do you guys think these a specific reason for that?
and 2 would anyone else like to Dragon Ball Evolution characters make it to the game? As bad as the movie was it is a part of DB history and I think it would add some cool variety especially if they made them look live action instead of cartoony. Thoughts?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:17 am

jollyr wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:48 am I just have a couple of observations to make:
1. I'm really surprised that Goku and Vegeta JR have never made it into the game. Do you guys think these a specific reason for that?
and 2 would anyone else like to Dragon Ball Evolution characters make it to the game? As bad as the movie was it is a part of DB history and I think it would add some cool variety especially if they made them look live action instead of cartoony. Thoughts?
1. Neither did Ledgic which is also weird considering much worse and less relevant villain like Mutchy made it into game.
2. I wouldn't mind but only in cartoon style. Live action style would look just dumb imo. They could even keep Goku's design but just give him his DBE gi.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Remember the secret candy figures? Turns out it was UI Goku and Broly Dark

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:04 pm

jollyr wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:48 am2 would anyone else like to Dragon Ball Evolution characters make it to the game? As bad as the movie was it is a part of DB history and I think it would add some cool variety especially if they made them look live action instead of cartoony. Thoughts?
I don't know if I would want them to appear (depends on the design), but I do wish Kaioshin of Time makes an allusion and explain its events is just like the movies, taking place in anoher dimension. Thus acknowledging the movie so that if they want to do something with them later on, it'll be already there.

This reminds of Ben 10. There is an episode that acknowledges the Ben 10: Race Against Time live-action but the characters appeared as cartoon. If they do the same for Dragon Ball Evolution, then it's alright.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for waiting, I've translated the latest UVM (10) for the Dark Demon realm story.

Also as a bonus treat, here is also a translated Ch. 12 of the SDBH manga, Dark Demon realm mission:

https://imgur.com/a/P547eAO

Credits go to Nagayama ofc, and credits for the cleaned pages are also listed.

I also did Ch. 11 but the typeset files became corrupted for some reason and thus I couldn't convert them to a readable format. I wanted to go for a double release... :| but what's done is done. I might try to salvage them or redo it all later but frankly it took a lot of time, not the translations so much but rather the typesetting.

Well, Ch. 12 is a pretty good chapter plus we get to see both Time Patrol and Demigra gang shine so better that than nothing.

Also, as a PSA I might be out of commission for a while because I'll be going to Japan for work for half a year, starting next week. Depending on how it goes I might or might not remain active in online translations in order to focus on work. I've been working on the manga on my own for some time as you can see but I'm going to take a break from it. At the very least I will try to continuously update the arcade dialogue. Sorry for the incovenience but I hope you understand!
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:36 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 am Hi everyone,

Thanks for waiting, I've translated the latest UVM (10) for the Dark Demon realm story.

Also as a bonus treat, here is also a translated Ch. 12 of the SDBH manga, Dark Demon realm mission:

I also did Ch. 11 but the typeset files became corrupted for some reason and thus I couldn't convert them to a readable format. I wanted to go for a double release... :| but what's done is done. I might try to salvage them or redo it all later but frankly it took a lot of time, not the translations so much but rather the typesetting.

Well, Ch. 12 is a pretty good chapter plus we get to see both Time Patrol and Demigra gang shine so better that than nothing.

Also, as a PSA I might be out of commission for a while because I'll be going to Japan for work for half a year, starting next week. Depending on how it goes I might or might not remain active in online translations in order to focus on work. I've been working on the manga on my own for some time as you can see but I'm going to take a break from it. At the very least I will try to continuously update the arcade dialogue. Sorry for the incovenience but I hope you understand!
Finally UM 10!!!

Good luck with your work! Real life is always far more important!
P O W E R

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:18 am

Thanks for always for providing these translations, hope you have a great time in Japan. :)
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:33 am

Important question. How much 'canon' to the game is the manga of the Dark Demon Realm saga? Wanna have some fun by myself and power scale it. Lol
P O W E R

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:33 am Important question. How much 'canon' to the game is the manga of the Dark Demon Realm saga? Wanna have some fun by myself and power scale it. Lol
Well, events happen differently and some character flat out don't appear, so... It's practically it's own canon.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:38 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:33 am Important question. How much 'canon' to the game is the manga of the Dark Demon Realm saga? Wanna have some fun by myself and power scale it. Lol
Well, events happen differently and some character flat out don't appear, so... It's practically it's own canon.
Major characters or secondaries and sidestories? I can live without these lol. Unless if you mean extremely radical changes.
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 am Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for this! Is really fantastic to finally see the manga translated. Also, if you have the script at hand for chapter 11, I can typeset it so we can have both chapters translated.

And best of the luck in Japan!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Saiga wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:18 am Thanks for always for providing these translations, hope you have a great time in Japan. :)
Yep sorry again I couldn't provide Ch. 11 atm, but it will def be up sometime. I hate leaving unfinished/skipped chapters.
They are their own separate continuities much like the anime and manga of DBS. Some comparisons apply and some do not. Arcade scaling is fine and manga generally tends to be far more conservative and consistent than the anime.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:43 pm Thank you so much for this! Is really fantastic to finally see the manga translated. Also, if you have the script at hand for chapter 11, I can typeset it so we can have both chapters translated.

And best of the luck in Japan!
I might actually take you up on that. If I provide you with the script would you be able to typeset it? You can download the raws from the website that's referenced in the chapter I uploaded.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Some TL notes:

If y'all can notice, I was a bit inconsistent with the way I typesetted some translations, e.g. early on I just added the TL note on raws that were printed in front of the panel like Time Gathering Repairing Magic but later on I just add a font underneath the raw.

I used the term "Ms. Demon" (Majin-san to Robel) cause I thought it sounded the best but then I just kept on Japanese honorifics later on (like Gohan-san and Demigra-sama). I also left out the honorifics that Towa uses towards Dabura (she calls him "Dabura nii-sama"). I would just go with "Brother Dabura" in the future. Again inconsistency on my part but it seemed hard to try and make it sound natural in English.

Some attack names had the furigana on them so I just translated that. A lot of the attack names especially Gohan's were just a bunch of random edgy kanji put together for which there is no exact translation. Those are the worst but this is a shonen manga after all and it's the norm.

I didn't translate the SFX. That would've taken me a lot longer plus I think we can all infer what sounds they're making.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:50 pm I might actually take you up on that. If I provide you with the script would you be able to typeset it? You can download the raws from the website that's referenced in the chapter I uploaded.
Absolutely! I've been typesetting stuff here and there on my free time so I know my way around it.