"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:31 pm

What happened to this game? Has it released yet? Is it part of the cardass series? Is there a full version of the song in the opening? Is it really called "Dragon Soul" as well? Who sings it?

Oh so many questions! :o
Last edited by DNA on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes

Post by Arique » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:45 am

At the moment, "DragonBall Heroes" is a Japan-only arcade title that has been released since September 2010, I think. It's technically a cardass title since it uses trading cards, but it's not a sequel in the current Cardass series. If you're really lucky, you might be able to find a DragonBall Heroes arcade cabinet here in the US, but you might have to play with the sample cards due to the actual cards not being released here.

As for the theme song that is heard in the trailers, the song is performed by Takayoshi Tanimoto, who also performed the theme song for Kai. So far, only two trailers have been released, one that debuted on the game's release date based on the Cell games arc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m1evbeihH4), and one that actually debuted yesterday based on the Buu arc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPwStGsVUbo).
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:01 am

Oh... yeah it would be quite lucky for me finding it in US, since I live in Europe... <_<
Thanks for the info anyway.

Edit: That new video is great. Is there any version of it without the in-game footage? Like in the first one?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:48 am

It seems that they are going to introduce SSJ3 Trunks in this game. :roll:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:00 am

Well hey, sure! Why not?!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 am

Does SSJ3 poll well or something? Vegeta I get, but Broli and Trunks, you'd think SSJ2 would be a hot feature. What about feasible leaps, like (arguably) a pre-upgraded Gohan or one of the Goku/Vegeta fusions following Gotenks' example. They should certainly be capable of it, being stronger than the younger fighter and having one component who can use the form- both going by some of these games. How would Trunks even find the need, let alone ability, to hit SSJ3 in his world?
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 am

Onikage725 wrote:Does SSJ3 poll well or something? Vegeta I get, but Broli and Trunks, you'd think SSJ2 would be a hot feature. What about feasible leaps, like (arguably) a pre-upgraded Gohan or one of the Goku/Vegeta fusions following Gotenks' example. They should certainly be capable of it, being stronger than the younger fighter and having one component who can use the form- both going by some of these games. How would Trunks even find the need, let alone ability, to hit SSJ3 in his world?
In Dragon Ball Heroes we see Trunks fighting Majin Buu, hence the need. I would prefer a Super Saiyan 2 Trunks, but I guess this is kinda cool. Maybe we'll see a Gohan soon as well, it's a Super Saiyan 3 bargain sale!

In other news, I've been checking a few videos, the game is organized by arcs, you've got the Saiyan Arc, which ends with Vegeta Ozaru, and I've seen the Artficial Human Arc, which obviously ends with Cell but it's got all the other guys, including #13 and friends.
There's also Hatchiyack somewhere around there. Another Arc features Bojack and his whole crew, yes, his whole crew appears in the game.

I think this whole Majin Buu deal will be an update for the game in the future, it doesn't seem to be in the game yet.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 am

kei17 wrote:It seems that they are going to introduce SSJ3 Trunks in this game. :roll:

I never thought anyone could look good as SSJ3!!
Anyway, whatever. It gets my seal of approval!! :lol:

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 am

kei17 wrote:It seems that they are going to introduce SSJ3 Trunks in this game. :roll:

OMG, that is the most awsome Super Sayajin i have ever seen. Is there a better quality picture\scan of that?

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 am

Yup, that's what the dying Dragon Ball series needs.
Another Super Saiyan 3.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 am

DNA wrote:In Dragon Ball Heroes we see Trunks fighting Majin Buu, hence the need. I would prefer a Super Saiyan 2 Trunks, but I guess this is kinda cool. Maybe we'll see a Gohan soon as well, it's a Super Saiyan 3 bargain sale!
Hm, I still question "ability." Two folk actually attain SSJ3- a dead guy and a magically-created gestalt super being. Vegeta, who trains like it's his job and has plenty of power, never pulls it off. So it seems to me to not be something that a Saiyan can just...do... like super states 1 and 2. I know it's just a game, so I'm hoping there's a half-assed yet plausible explanation beyond "look guys, this is badass!"

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:36 am

I would find it lame, but it's Trunks, so it's cool and aewsome. 8)

(I didn't even know there was a history in the game.)
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Well...may as well have fun with it, I suppose.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 pm

SSJ3's never been my favorite form, but I guess Trunks would need it if he's going to be fighting Buu.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Man, it sure is a shame that all these new character models will just be wasted on an arcade game. ;)
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Man, it sure is a shame that all these new character models will just be wasted on an arcade game. ;)
I bet they'll appear in a console game soon.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 pm

People need to stop pissing and moaning about levels like this, especially if it's for a card game. They need new forms and gimmicks to sell the series and cards, it's not like they're shoehorning it into canon.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Jaruka wrote:People need to stop pissing and moaning about levels like this, especially if it's for a card game. They need new forms and gimmicks to sell the series and cards, it's not like they're shoehorning it into canon.
Sure, it's not being "shoehorned" (somewhat retroactively in a magical fashion) into the canonical material, but SSJ3 Broli and Vegeta first showed up in the card games, which led to their inclusion in the video games, which led to figures being made...

It's not just one tiny area -- they bleed into other things.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Does anyone know of a site with a list of the newest Heroes Carddass cards, preferably with images? I've seen the ones on the official website, but they only go up to Cell/Bojack/Hatchiyack. The site updated to introduce the Player Majins, but really doesn't show anything else from the Buu Arc other than Yamu, Spopovich and Fat Buu...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:14 am

Jaruka wrote:People need to stop pissing and moaning about levels like this, especially if it's for a card game. They need new forms and gimmicks to sell the series and cards, it's not like they're shoehorning it into canon.
Pissing and moaning? As consumer's of a commercial product, we have just as much of a right to voice our opinions as they have to try to sell it. If we were searing forums with scathing rants and engaging in wiki edit wars that would be one thing, but the brief sound-offs in this thread are not "pissing and moaning."