"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:27 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:SDBH Universe Mision Manga chapter review WARNING SPOILERS
The chapter starts with Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno saving their main timeline counterparts and Cumber growing back a tail made with his ki Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno ssj4 decide to fuse and Make Vegito xeno ssj4(V4). V4 was heavily nerfed in this chapter(or Cumber just got a Huge zenkai when he grew his tail back ) V4 only goes on par with this base Cumber(with his new Ki tail ofcourse ) then we go back to Ozotto’s fight with Hatchiyack, Ozotto uses some strange trick to stop time and steal the DB from hatchiyack but Ozotto also managed to defeat super grudge amplification hatchiyack. cooler and trunks manage to stop the destron gas and Ozotto tellaports every one back to the battle ground where V4 and Cumber are fighting (Fu is pleased with this fight) but Cumber goes ssj3 and V4 can’t do anything. Cumber releases abunch of evil ki one of its blades hitting V4 on the cheek, Goku wakes up in UIO and gets infront of V4 then Goku is just UI(silver hair) and is owning Cumber ssj3, Goku UI And Cumber ssj3 are both powering up their strongest attacks and Ozotto uses this as his chance to freeze time again and steal the remaining dragon balls and summon Shenron(now the scans I have arnt very clear but it seems Ozotto wants to wish for something like to be immortal?) but before he can Oolong interferes and wishes all the prisoners on Prison Planet to be sent back to where they came from, Ozotto looks pissed but oolongs wish is successful. Now we’re on Beerus’s planet trunks, mai, and vegeta are transferred there but not Goku. We don’t know what happened to him but it seems he might not of wanted to leave prison planet so shenron’s wish didn’t effect him. All in all one of the best chapters really enjoyed it And was pleased with everything except V4 being nerfed also no Merged Zamasu attacking Goku UI.
They did the same thing they did to Vegito Xeno that they did to Vegito Blue Kaioken in the Anime i know them Ssj4 going to be mad :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:31 pm

So, no Cooler chasing after Fuu in the manga? Wonder where he was teleported to.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 am

The chapter starts with Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno saving their main timeline counterparts and Cumber growing back a tail made with his ki Goku Xeno And Vegeta xeno ssj4 decide to fuse and Make Vegito xeno ssj4(V4). V4 was heavily nerfed in this chapter(or Cumber just got a Huge zenkai when he grew his tail back ) V4 only goes on par with this base Cumber(with his new Ki tail ofcourse ) then we go back to Ozotto’s fight with Hatchiyack, Ozotto uses some strange trick to stop time and steal the DB from hatchiyack but Ozotto also managed to defeat super grudge amplification hatchiyack. cooler and trunks manage to stop the destron gas and Ozotto tellaports every one back to the battle ground where V4 and Cumber are fighting (Fu is pleased with this fight) but Cumber goes ssj3 and V4 can’t do anything. Cumber releases abunch of evil ki one of its blades hitting V4 on the cheek, Goku wakes up in UIO and gets infront of V4 then Goku is just UI(silver hair) and is owning Cumber ssj3, Goku UI And Cumber ssj3 are both powering up their strongest attacks and Ozotto uses this as his chance to freeze time again and steal the remaining dragon balls and summon Shenron(now the scans I have arnt very clear but it seems Ozotto wants to wish for something like to be immortal?) but before he can Oolong interferes and wishes all the prisoners on Prison Planet to be sent back to where they came from, Ozotto looks pissed but oolongs wish is successful. Now we’re on Beerus’s planet trunks, mai, and vegeta are transferred there but not Goku. We don’t know what happened to him but it seems he might not of wanted to leave prison planet so shenron’s wish didn’t effect him. All in all one of the best chapters really enjoyed it And was pleased with everything except V4 being nerfed also no Merged Zamasu attacking Goku UI.
wow whoever is writing this Manga definitely knows how to tell a story I was intrigued but hope we can get translated scans shortly (I wish all of the chapters for Prison Planet were translated and able to find) Story's intriguing to be honest

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 am

This literally sounds like a side-quest to a video game, like one of those weird what-ifs from Raging Blast lol
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:46 am

I like this. In the anime, SSJ4 Vegito owned Cumber but it didn't make sense given that SSB Vegito was fighting Cumber just a few minutes ago and wasn't successful. This also confirms that MUI Goku > fusions. I think Cumber used his ki to grow his tail just like he had the 2 arms, but they just act like extra limbs, it's still not a physical tail, so he still wouldn't turn into an Oozaru. I also really like the use of Ozotto here, using his space-time jutsu techniques. Oolong was used correctly here - both as a gag and making the wish. This is the same Oolong that wished for panties not too long ago, so he's used to stealing other people's wishes. I really like the use of other characters. We get to see more things beyond just Cumber vs Everyone in the manga.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
I like this. In the anime, SSJ4 Vegito owned Cumber but it didn't make sense given that SSB Vegito was fighting Cumber just a few minutes ago and wasn't successful. This also confirms that MUI Goku > fusions. I think Cumber used his ki to grow his tail just like he had the 2 arms, but they just act like extra limbs, it's still not a physical tail, so he still wouldn't turn into an Oozaru. I also really like the use of Ozotto here, using his space-time jutsu techniques. Oolong was used correctly here - both as a gag and making the wish. This is the same Oolong that wished for panties not too long ago, so he's used to stealing other people's wishes. I really like the use of other characters. We get to see more things beyond just Cumber vs Everyone in the manga.
Honestly I liked the game’s version of the V4 fight the most, he completely owns Cumber ssj3 in the game too even making Cumber revert back to base.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 am

Given the anime and the game both have Vegito Xeno SSJ4 owning SSJ3 Cumber I think we can agree that is what's supposed to happen with the manga being this weird outlet. V4 jobbing to Cumber doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint either, you hype him as the big surprise of the anniversary just to have him fail?

That said, I love that V4 is stronger than SSB Vegito, but I'm biased since I don't like SSB and love SSJ4.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Given the anime and the game both have Vegito Xeno SSJ4 owning SSJ3 Cumber I think we can agree that is what's supposed to happen with the manga being this weird outlet. V4 jobbing to Cumber doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint either, you hype him as the big surprise of the anniversary just to have him fail?

That said, I love that V4 is stronger than SSB Vegito, but I'm biased since I don't like SSB and love SSJ4.

I think it has more to do with cumber having had his strongest form robbed from him and been softened up already. But yeah it’s nice to see a ss4 matter again

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Given the anime and the game both have Vegito Xeno SSJ4 owning SSJ3 Cumber I think we can agree that is what's supposed to happen with the manga being this weird outlet. V4 jobbing to Cumber doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint either, you hype him as the big surprise of the anniversary just to have him fail?

which oddly enough makes no sense after Xeno Goku himself recognized Super Goku was a step above him making one think a fusion between two people in that same form plus Kaioken should be a lot more stronger than a fusion with the other form, after the whole thing with Super Goku is over i hope the focus shifts to Xeno Goku and for him to become stronger somehow.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm the only who thinks SSJ4 Bardock design is a bit lame? What was cool about the level four transformation is that you could note some variations between its users. Bardock is just SSJ4 Goku with a bandana.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:12 pm

Noah wrote:I'm the only who thinks SSJ4 Bardock design is a bit lame? What was cool about the level four transformation is that you could note some variations between its users. Bardock is just SSJ4 Goku with a bandana.
Well, what did you expect, Bardock himself is just Goku with a bandana so its kinda hard to have them not look really similar lol.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:10 am

Dragotaker wrote: which oddly enough makes no sense after Xeno Goku himself recognized Super Goku was a step above him making one think a fusion between two people in that same form plus Kaioken should be a lot more stronger than a fusion with the other form, after the whole thing with Super Goku is over i hope the focus shifts to Xeno Goku and for him to become stronger somehow.
Putting aside the fact that characters are as strong as the plot demands, (or the fact in the manga and the anime the fight between goku Xeno and regular Goku doesn't have an actual winner) isn't that hard to explain/handwave V4 being much stronger, Goku Xeno getting a Zenkai off screen or Vegeta Xeno being way stronger.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I think it has more to do with cumber having had his strongest form robbed from him and been softened up already. But yeah it’s nice to see a ss4 matter again
I disagree, they've clearly build SSJ3 Cumber as being his strongest transformation yet.
Noah wrote:I'm the only who thinks SSJ4 Bardock design is a bit lame? What was cool about the level four transformation is that you could note some variations between its users. Bardock is just SSJ4 Goku with a bandana.
As pointed out, Bardock and Goku are identical so it makes sense, but there's still some differences between their forms. Bardock's hair is spikier than Goku and his fur is a scarlet red.

Going by the fact he has gotten some merch and more cards already, I'd think he has been popular with Japanese fans.

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 am

Was anyone want to see SSJB Xeno Goku or UI Xeno Goku ?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:54 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Dragotaker wrote: which oddly enough makes no sense after Xeno Goku himself recognized Super Goku was a step above him making one think a fusion between two people in that same form plus Kaioken should be a lot more stronger than a fusion with the other form, after the whole thing with Super Goku is over i hope the focus shifts to Xeno Goku and for him to become stronger somehow.
Putting aside the fact that characters are as strong as the plot demands, (or the fact in the manga and the anime the fight between goku Xeno and regular Goku doesn't have an actual winner) isn't that hard to explain/handwave V4 being much stronger, Goku Xeno getting a Zenkai off screen or Vegeta Xeno being way stronger.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I think it has more to do with cumber having had his strongest form robbed from him and been softened up already. But yeah it’s nice to see a ss4 matter again
I disagree, they've clearly build SSJ3 Cumber as being his strongest transformation yet.
As pointed out, Bardock and Goku are identical so it makes sense, but there's still some differences between their forms. Bardock's hair is spikier than Goku and his fur is a scarlet red.

Going by the fact he has gotten some merch and more cards already, I'd think he has been popular with Japanese fans.
That’s not how these form multipliers work and where does he get stated to be the strongest? Golden oozaru is superior in power to 3. By a decent margin

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:59 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
This chapter really doesn't confirm that MUI > Fusion. It confirms that the xenos < the super versions. Especially since vegito fought on par GOLDEN GREAT APE cumber.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 pm

he's pretty different considering he's just raditz eyes, a scar and a bandana on Goku, but I'm a little sad.

I hope they dont do this to turles

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:44 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:That’s not how these form multipliers work and where does he get stated to be the strongest? Golden oozaru is superior in power to 3. By a decent margin
I've never seen multipliers mattering within the story themselves, they're at best a bunch of interesting bit of trivia that rarely (if at all) gets referenced in story. And the fact of the matter is that is SSJ3 Cumber the ones that they picked to face UI Goku, the strongest form the series has at the moment. So, unless SSJ3 Cymber goes down in a punch, he is considered stronger than Golden Oozaru by the story.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:That’s not how these form multipliers work and where does he get stated to be the strongest? Golden oozaru is superior in power to 3. By a decent margin
I've never seen multipliers mattering within the story themselves, they're at best a bunch of interesting bit of trivia that rarely (if at all) gets referenced in story. And the fact of the matter is that is SSJ3 Cumber the ones that they picked to face UI Goku, the strongest form the series has at the moment. So, unless SSJ3 Cymber goes down in a punch, he is considered stronger than Golden Oozaru by the story.
by this logic, base goku is stronger than super saiyan 3 goku because base one killed kid buu with a spirit bomb, therefore story says hes stronger.

See the problem with using the X form defeats Y enemy, therefore X form is better than another form?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:21 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:by this logic, base goku is stronger than super saiyan 3 goku because base one killed kid buu with a spirit bomb, therefore story says hes stronger.

See the problem with using the X form defeats Y enemy, therefore X form is better than another form?
Bad example, since the context is different and the Spirit Bomb is not a regular technique to begin with. Although much to my chagrin I've seen that argument used to "prove" Kid Goku is stronger than SSJ4 Goku in GT.

But that is besides the point, the series at the moment is all about promote the fancy new transformations/characters despite how little sense within universe for them to be able to do that. With that in mind, Cumber has been consistently depicted over the five UM released so far as this brutal juggernaut that can eat normal transformations as breakfast with ease, creating a escalation of power both in the protagonists as with himself. This is completely different situation than Buu's that by the point it ended it was a war of attrition rather than one of strength.

So, with UM5 marking the end of the Prison Planet arc, they're simply pitting up Cumber and Goku using the "strongest transformations" they have available. It does makes sense from a strict lore point? No but when has that mattered in DB?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
This chapter really doesn't confirm that MUI > Fusion. It confirms that the xenos < the super versions. Especially since vegito fought on par GOLDEN GREAT APE cumber.
Umm no. It confirms SSB-KK Vegetto > V4 in the manga. Xeno Goku and Blueku fought evenly.

In the arcade & anime, V4 fought SSJ3 Cumber and pushed him back.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!