"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 amBut I am actually dissapointed and satisfied at the same time. We actually get a Universe assisting Hearts and his crew, but I truly wanted to see that Anilaza vs Cumber fight. Because, why would there be a need for Laggs to be sent to U3 if Cumber had all these allies?
Well, next episode of the Anime apparently has Metal Cooler vs Cumber and his U3 allies, so maybe that's why.
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:00 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDawYOK9siw
Can someone translate this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVdVJXDT2uM
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat May 11, 2019 3:49 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:58 pm -snip-
Yeah it's cool that other universes from the ToP are getting involved, let's see if Ribrianne will play a bigger role in UM9 as well.

--
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:43 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:41 pm
holy crap...could Majin Ozotto be the one who killed Lagss' tribe ?
Well he did apparently eat a planet... maybe it was her planet?

Man I really wish he was in the main canon
The thought did also cross my mind about him somehow causing her tribe's extinction, but I think it's more about him wanting to use her for her special abilities rather than just extermination. Since one of his gigs since Prison Planet was about using/manipulating others to fulfill his own goals.

--

Here's the translation for UM8 Descent of the Demon Gods arc (I'll update my compilation doc with videos later):
EDIT: Just throwing this idea out, but would anybody be interested in adding closed captions to the videos themselves? I think people would appreciate watching the actual arcade cutscene dialogue with voices (whenever they add them at least) more. And plus the battles themselves are informative for those who play WM.

Although, Idk if outside users are allowed to add CCs on videos with/without the uploader's permission.
Last edited by Rakurai on Sat May 11, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat May 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Thanks for the translations!

Man, the Demon Gods arc sound really interesting and by the sounds of it, I'd wager UM will run until set 10. Also, I wasn't that mistaken it seems, it does seem more likely now that this is where the GT timeline split.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:16 pm Thanks for the translations!

Man, the Demon Gods arc sound really interesting and by the sounds of it, I'd wager UM will run until set 10. Also, I wasn't that mistaken it seems, it does seem more likely now that this is where the GT timeline split.
Yeah this and the Current arc with Hearts both feel absolutely wild. I cannot wait to see what comes from these down the line.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat May 11, 2019 6:09 pm

It's sad that a promo video game has a far more interesting storyline than the main canon/continuity of the series it's based off of (This also blows DB Multiverse outta the water)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 11, 2019 7:15 pm

And how is that "sad" exactly? "Sad" would be the whole franchise stuck in the dullness, but we have video games coming up with interesting stuff, thus saving the whole franchise from being a boring thing.

If Dragon Ball is not officially and completely dead, it's all thanks to Dimps (and of course, to Dragon Ball Online, the source of all this wondrous world). We should be grateful, as it could be a lot worse. Imagine if the video games were still retelling Raditz to Buu without any interesting thing going on? To make it differently? Hell, that would be a nightmare.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Very interesting summary, glad Fin is not finished yet, i wonder who or what Towa's gonna use for him to copy??? the first thing that came to mind was Broly because heroes loves to bring him back whenever they can but then i thought the strongest Broly in the current timeline is the SS4 one which i'm sure can't be stronger that Gogeta much less the Xeno version so i think that's out of the window and as much as i love Broly i want something else yet i can't think of anything that would make Fin strong enough that is not part of Super like SSG or people like Beerus, Jiren, etc.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat May 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:15 pm And how is that "sad" exactly? "Sad" would be the whole franchise stuck in the dullness, but we have video games coming up with interesting stuff, thus saving the whole franchise from being a boring thing.

If Dragon Ball is not officially and completely dead, it's all thanks to Dimps (and of course, to Dragon Ball Online, the source of all this wondrous world). We should be grateful, as it could be a lot worse. Imagine if the video games were still retelling Raditz to Buu without any interesting thing going on? To make it differently? Hell, that would be a nightmare.
I mean...that's still the case (Ex. Xenoverse series & Upcoming Action RPG Dragon Ball Game) It's sad cause these stories are far more interesting than what's toyo writing in Super's Manga @ the moment it and back then the non-canon stuff was considered not that good now it's a complete reversal

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat May 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Translation for UM8 Universal Conflict arc based on NEXT's videos. You can tell that he was skipping most battles to get to the dialogue (though not sure if that's all of it, he might or might not upload more later.)
I've also included this + the UM8 Time patrol dialogue in my compilation doc, I'll link each subheading to their respective dialogue later.
Last edited by Rakurai on Sat May 11, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:56 pmKamin (Holograph): All the inhabitants from every universe will have their lust and desires unleashed, and a riot will ensue!
This sounds like the set up to a smut fic...

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat May 11, 2019 11:17 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:15 pm And how is that "sad" exactly? "Sad" would be the whole franchise stuck in the dullness, but we have video games coming up with interesting stuff, thus saving the whole franchise from being a boring thing.

I don't think Noitsnothim meant anything bad by his post. I think some of us can agree that SDBH story is far more interesting than anything the mainstream series has output. Or at the very least, it's been using its concepts more creatively than the story itself, especially the adventures and fanservice (SSJ4 Vegetto: Xeno >>>>> SSB Gogeta, Cumber >>>>> DBS Broly, fite me). I also agree that the Moro arc has been pretty lackluster compared to both arcade stories.

In terms of video games, I'm glad that new DB content has been diverging from the original story, especially since it's been repeated so many countless times. I really did like the what-ifs from the Budokai, Sparking, and Raging Blast series. I haven't played Xenoverse but I'm sure it's pretty good too. That's the great thing about DBH/SDBH, it's given us expanded concepts like Demon gods and the Time Patrol, as well as adventures like multiverse exploration. It's brought back many popular GT elements like evil Dragon Balls, Shadow Dragons, Tsufurujins, and SSJ4. It's not afraid to be creative and bold.

It's funny how people are complaining about Super 2.0 not being announced yet we still have and are getting more SDBH content, it really feels like we're cheating them out of the enjoyment of the series at this point. :lol: 8)
Kanassa wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:56 pmKamin (Holograph): All the inhabitants from every universe will have their lust and desires unleashed, and a riot will ensue!
The word she uses is 欲望, which can mean desire, appetite, and/or lust. I included its more general meanings to cover my bases.

But let the SDBH hentai/doujinshi begin. :wink:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:17 pm
The word she uses is 欲望, which can mean desire, appetite, and/or lust. I included its more general meanings to cover my bases.

My god, this was Fu's fanfiction plan all along. He's going to make himself the centre of a Dragon Ball Harem Hentai!

Kanassa wrote:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat May 11, 2019 11:47 pm

I'm biased since I've found all the Super's material to be mediocre, but other than the tease with Fu at the end I find the Universal Conflict arc to be really boring compared to the Demon Realm one. And of course is the one they picked to animate, meh.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun May 12, 2019 12:34 am

Now that UM8 is out, I wanna share some cool and funny fanart I found regarding Dark Gogeta & SSJ4 GT Gogeta on Twitter a while back when the UM8 CM trailer dropped. Japanese ppl really do like their SSJ4 Gogeta after all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun May 12, 2019 12:46 am

Oh man, those rule.

I was thinking, is there an in-universe explanation as to why XGoku and XVegeta didn't simply fuse into XGogeta to fight Dark Gogeta as they did in the manga?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun May 12, 2019 1:01 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:17 pm

I don't think Noitsnothim meant anything bad by his post. I think some of us can agree that SDBH story is far more interesting than anything the mainstream series has output. Or at the very least, it's been using its concepts more creatively than the story itself, especially the adventures and fanservice (SSJ4 Vegetto: Xeno >>>>> SSB Gogeta, Cumber >>>>> DBS Broly, fite me). I also agree that the Moro arc has been pretty lackluster compared to both arcade stories.

In terms of video games, I'm glad that new DB content has been diverging from the original story, especially since it's been repeated so many countless times. I really did like the what-ifs from the Budokai, Sparking, and Raging Blast series. I haven't played Xenoverse but I'm sure it's pretty good too. That's the great thing about DBH/SDBH, it's given us expanded concepts like Demon gods and the Time Patrol, as well as adventures like multiverse exploration. It's brought back many popular GT elements like evil Dragon Balls, Shadow Dragons, Tsufurujins, and SSJ4. It's not afraid to be creative and bold.

It's funny how people are complaining about Super 2.0 not being announced yet we still have and are getting more SDBH content, it really feels like we're cheating them out of the enjoyment of the series at this point. :lol: 8)
Kanassa wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 pm

finally someone who gets it!!! thank you rakurai and yeah I love Dragon Ball heroes I've known about it since it's start and has seen it bring a lot good things for the renaissance of Dragon Ball (if anything) Heroes played a huge role in Super becoming a thing and I'm more than okay with that HOWEVER when an arcade has two stories that are far more interesting and creative than what the main series puts out you can't help but Feel sorta sad when IT should be the other way around like it was back in the 90's when Dragon Ball's original serialization was happening and Koyama (not toriyama) was making the non-canon movies which even gave us characters that some found more interesting and more cool than Main Canon villains (even if they were ripoffs/based off) My problem with Super (Which dates back to Battle of Gods) is that it should have been set after the EoZ and continued on with all these new stories but Toriyama felt it was better to place them during the series' time skip which was a bad move on his part because it devoids the characters of any real danger knowing that they're alive and all together at the 28th tenkaichi budokai

Okay there I'm done Lol (Ultra instinct & Jiren is one of Super's saving graces Just saiyan)

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun May 12, 2019 1:06 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:46 am Oh man, those rule.

I was thinking, is there an in-universe explanation as to why XGoku and XVegeta didn't simply fuse into XGogeta to fight Dark Gogeta as they did in the manga?
Perhaps Gohan: Xeno as a Super Saiyan 4 is stronger than Gogeta: Xeno SS4? I originally wanted to see Vegito: Xeno SS4

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun May 12, 2019 2:13 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:46 am Oh man, those rule.

I've been wondering this myself. They might go on to fight Mechikaboola as XGogeta or something, so you can reason that if they had fused against Dark Gogeta they'd run out of time before fighting Mechikaboola.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 am

They did fuse to beat Super Yi Xing Long earlier, so maybe it was the fusion cooldown time. Part of me also thinks it's because Vegeta in general hates fusion and didn't want to do now that they had SSJ4 XGohan on the battlefield.

But we know SSJ4 XGogeta is coming sooner or later based on the CGI trailer for the Demon gods arc. So they're prob saving his appearance up for that part of the story.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun May 12, 2019 10:51 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 am They did fuse to beat Super Yi Xing Long earlier, so maybe it was the fusion cooldown time. Part of me also thinks it's because Vegeta in general hates fusion and didn't want to do now that they had SSJ4 XGohan on the battlefield.

But we know SSJ4 XGogeta is coming sooner or later based on the CGI trailer for the Demon gods arc. So they're prob saving his appearance up for that part of the story.
I believe they didn’t fuse into Gogeta Xeno ssj4 because, like you said GokuX and VegetaX fused just moments before to fight Super one star dragon. So your probably right about the cool down(even though basically no lore but the boo saga followed this, this is something that was set in stone that you’d have to wait an hour after the fusion to do it again)