"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue May 21, 2019 2:47 pm

I thought he is Future Trunks.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue May 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:21 pm I wonder who Great Saiyaman 3 really is. Would be nice if it was an older Pan
Great saiyaman 3 is Trunks: xeno

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue May 21, 2019 2:57 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:37 pm
Rakurai wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 pmSpeaking of which, when's the next Saikyo Jump coming out?
Saikyo Jump is released for the first weekend of every other month. The July 2019 issue is due out June 1st.
Thanks I do know it comes out every other month but I was just too lazy to remember the exact date for the next one.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Rakurai wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:57 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:37 pm
Rakurai wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 pmSpeaking of which, when's the next Saikyo Jump coming out?
Saikyo Jump is released for the first weekend of every other month. The July 2019 issue is due out June 1st.
Thanks I do know it comes out every other month but I was just too lazy to remember the exact date for the next one.
I can't wait to see how the events of the universal conflict saga unfold since in each media it's always different

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue May 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 pm I can't wait to see how the events of the universal conflict saga unfold since in each media it's always different
I predict Vegeta will have another "muh pride!" moment and power-up to become Sparkles or SSBE Vegeta. Then he'll fight Kamioren as well as Lagss who will finally show up.

And Cumber and Zamasu will tango with Goku and Jiren. Cumber and Zamasu will get in each other's way ofc.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:39 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:56 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:21 pm I wonder who Great Saiyaman 3 really is. Would be nice if it was an older Pan
Great saiyaman 3 is Trunks: xeno
Well that’s lame.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 am

so .. was revealed because zamasu is alive?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:18 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 am so .. was revealed because zamasu is alive?
??????

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm Next V-jump promos will be

Great Saiyaman 3 and a transforming SSJ4 Gohan Xeno

https://twitter.com/Dbzcollection/statu ... 4987664384
Those will be the promos for the next Saikyo Jump not V jump
Is this the Saikyo jump being released on the 1st? I'll be in Japan then and I'm wondering if I'll be able to pick these up.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:18 am
Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 am so .. was revealed because zamasu is alive?
??????
zen-oh deleted zamasu so why zamasu is alive?
Do was revealed that?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 pm zen-oh deleted zamasu so why zamasu is alive?
Do was revealed that?
Fu is able to go back to different points in time to nab characters. It's possible that one of Merged Zamasu's clones was nabbed hence. A lot of these characters are already dead like King Cold, Bojack, Cooler, etc. They are all nabbed from points in time before they are killed. This is nothing new since SDBH has been doing it for a while. It was Towa afterall who was responsible for sending Bardock back in time, saving him from Freeza's Supernova attack. This led to the events of Episode of Bardock.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:53 pm

Just thought of something, shouldn't we be getting towards a teaser soon for the SS4? last year it was around the middle of the year for Bardock's tease IIRC? I could be wrong though

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed May 22, 2019 5:12 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:53 pm Just thought of something, shouldn't we be getting towards a teaser soon for the SS4? last year it was around the middle of the year for Bardock's tease IIRC? I could be wrong though
Too soon for the teaser, if i recall right the one with Vegetto didn't came out until somewhere around August, at tha moment i had 1 month in my new job that i started in July and i remember how i saw the reveal and all that stuff here first thing in the morning, also i'm sure there is an annual Heroes event around those months where they reveal like 4 months worth of future missions that go all the way to the end of the year, don't remember the name of the event but it happens every year is the biggest one they make, pretty sure that was when the reveal with the 3D trailer happened anyway.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 22, 2019 7:39 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:52 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 pm zen-oh deleted zamasu so why zamasu is alive?
Do was revealed that?
Fu is able to go back to different points in time to nab characters. It's possible that one of Merged Zamasu's clones was nabbed hence. A lot of these characters are already dead like King Cold, Bojack, Cooler, etc. They are all nabbed from points in time before they are killed. This is nothing new since SDBH has been doing it for a while. It was Towa afterall who was responsible for sending Bardock back in time, saving him from Freeza's Supernova attack. This led to the events of Episode of Bardock.
Nah, it was frieza’s super nova that sent bardock back in time. In another alternative timeline Mira saves bardock and makes him the masked saiyan, but no Towa isn’t responsible for the episode of bardock special and she wasn’t even close to being a character in heroes back then(yes she was a character in DBO by this time but not heroes) Mira wouldn’t appear until JM8 special mission, and Towa wouldn’t reveal herself until GDM3. While bardock achieved SSJ in the events of H5(one of the original 8 sets(h1-h8)). Even the EOB special and manga explained frieza’s super nova sent bardock to the past, a commercial/PV for the heroes arcade game states this as well.( https://youtu.be/19lDSvUbsps )

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:39 pm Nah, it was frieza’s super nova that sent bardock back in time. In another alternative timeline Mira saves bardock and makes him the masked saiyan, but no Towa isn’t responsible for the episode of bardock special and she wasn’t even close to being a character in heroes back then(yes she was a character in DBO by this time but not heroes) Mira wouldn’t appear until JM8 special mission, and Towa wouldn’t reveal herself until GDM3. While bardock achieved SSJ in the events of H5(one of the original 8 sets(h1-h8)). Even the EOB special and manga explained frieza’s super nova sent bardock to the past, a commercial/PV for the heroes arcade game states this as well.( https://youtu.be/19lDSvUbsps )
Lol, but how the heck does a Supernova send someone back in time? That makes no sense. Bardock is seen clearly being vaporized in the original OVA as well as the new movie. In XV2, during the Masked Saiyan Saga, we were told that it was due to the sadistic Towa, in an attempt to taunt Trunks: Xeno about not being able to save Future Gohan in a previous mission, she saves Bardock from death by opening a wormhole behind Bardock just before Freeza's supernova. This is a neutral point in time so it didn't change history. In DBO, Bardock says this to Mira - "That's right! Even though you saved my life just before Frieza's attack, I'll act on my own will." Mira can't open wormholes but he was probably responsible for helping Towa in capturing Bardock so that they could put the mask on him. Both Mira and Towa did appear in DBO, but that took place in Age 1000. The story before that was in XV and SDBH. In the SDBH manga, we see a Time Breaker Bardock already before Trunks:Xeno has even met Mira or Towa. There are many different versions of the story, but in general, I do believe that it was due to the interference by Towa and Mira that saved Bardock, which led to EoB. Originally, Bardock was vaporized. It makes no sense as to why it would send Bardock back in time and not anyone else. Heroes came after DBO. EoB came way after that. How do we know it's not connected?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 pm Heroes came after DBO. EoB came way after that. How do we know it's not connected?
Because there is something called "logic" and "common sense". You can't say Dragon Ball Online, Dragon Ball Heroes and Dragon Ball Xenoverse are one and the same. None of these games are connected and they don't explain each other.

Yes, Xenoverse does come up with an explanation as to how and why Bardock was sent back in time, but I doubt Ooishi Naho was thinking about Mira and Towa when she came up with Episode of Bardock. I don't remember if Heroes ever presented the same or a new explanation for his time travelling, as Bardock got Super Saiyan way before Heroes had a story to tell. And even in GDM (still no story), Bardock just appeared as a Time Breaker (but already possessing Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2).

And then there is Dragon Ball Online, though a game, not like everything else. Mira did save Bardock, but Episode of Bardock didn't happened; firstly because Episode of Bardock didn't exist and secondly because even if it existed, it would be ignored as it is not actually a Toriyama work, which something Dragon Ball Online is known for, following solely the manga.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:39 pm Nah, it was frieza’s super nova that sent bardock back in time. In another alternative timeline Mira saves bardock and makes him the masked saiyan, but no Towa isn’t responsible for the episode of bardock special and she wasn’t even close to being a character in heroes back then(yes she was a character in DBO by this time but not heroes) Mira wouldn’t appear until JM8 special mission, and Towa wouldn’t reveal herself until GDM3. While bardock achieved SSJ in the events of H5(one of the original 8 sets(h1-h8)). Even the EOB special and manga explained frieza’s super nova sent bardock to the past, a commercial/PV for the heroes arcade game states this as well.( https://youtu.be/19lDSvUbsps )
Lol, but how the heck does a Supernova send someone back in time? That makes no sense. Bardock is seen clearly being vaporized in the original OVA as well as the new movie. In XV2, during the Masked Saiyan Saga, we were told that it was due to the sadistic Towa, in an attempt to taunt Trunks: Xeno about not being able to save Future Gohan in a previous mission, she saves Bardock from death by opening a wormhole behind Bardock just before Freeza's supernova. This is a neutral point in time so it didn't change history. In DBO, Bardock says this to Mira - "That's right! Even though you saved my life just before Frieza's attack, I'll act on my own will." Mira can't open wormholes but he was probably responsible for helping Towa in capturing Bardock so that they could put the mask on him. Both Mira and Towa did appear in DBO, but that took place in Age 1000. The story before that was in XV and SDBH. In the SDBH manga, we see a Time Breaker Bardock already before Trunks:Xeno has even met Mira or Towa. There are many different versions of the story, but in general, I do believe that it was due to the interference by Towa and Mira that saved Bardock, which led to EoB. Originally, Bardock was vaporized. It makes no sense as to why it would send Bardock back in time and not anyone else. Heroes came after DBO. EoB came way after that. How do we know it's not connected?
DBO, DBXV franchise, DBH arcade story, SDBH manga continuity, and DBH Home console games can’t be connected no matter how hard you try. They are all about you(your avatar) meeting the time patrol for the first time(JM6 in heroes arcade) And the time patrol meeting the demon realm for the first time( GDM3 in heroes arcade when Towa reveals herself and the demon realm, there is dialogue cutscenes starting in gdm3. Previous mission only had basic opening narration dialogue from Trunks(GT, Future, xeno etc) and maybe the occasional different character(example JM3 has king Kai)). How can You(your avatar) and the time patrol meet the dark empire/ time breakers for the first time multiple times? It’s like how DB path to power is a retelling of the first few stories of The original dragon ball series but it can’t fit into the main anime or manga continuity. DBO, DBXV franchise, DBH Arcade(GDM- current), SDBH manga, DBH home console games are their own tellings of the same story(similar but completely different continuities).

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 pm Because there is something called "logic" and "common sense". You can't say Dragon Ball Online, Dragon Ball Heroes and Dragon Ball Xenoverse are one and the same. None of these games are connected and they don't explain each other.

Yes, Xenoverse does come up with an explanation as to how and why Bardock was sent back in time, but I doubt Ooishi Naho was thinking about Mira and Towa when she came up with Episode of Bardock. I don't remember if Heroes ever presented the same or a new explanation for his time travelling, as Bardock got Super Saiyan way before Heroes had a story to tell. And even in GDM (still no story), Bardock just appeared as a Time Breaker (but already possessing Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2).

And then there is Dragon Ball Online, though a game, not like everything else. Mira did save Bardock, but Episode of Bardock didn't happened; firstly because Episode of Bardock didn't exist and secondly because even if it existed, it would be ignored as it is not actually a Toriyama work, which something Dragon Ball Online is known for, following solely the manga.
S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 pm DBO, DBXV franchise, DBH arcade story, SDBH manga continuity, and DBH Home console games can’t be connected no matter how hard you try. They are all about you(your avatar) meeting the time patrol for the first time(JM6 in heroes arcade) And the time patrol meeting the demon realm for the first time( GDM3 in heroes arcade when Towa reveals herself and the demon realm, there is dialogue cutscenes starting in gdm3. Previous mission only had basic opening narration dialogue from Trunks(GT, Future, xeno etc) and maybe the occasional different character(example JM3 has king Kai)). How can You(your avatar) and the time patrol meet the dark empire/ time breakers for the first time multiple times? It’s like how DB path to power is a retelling of the first few stories of The original dragon ball series but it can’t fit into the main anime or manga continuity. DBO, DBXV franchise, DBH Arcade(GDM- current), SDBH manga, DBH home console games are their own tellings of the same story(similar but completely different continuities).
Yes, I understand that re-tellings of the same story with differences will lead to contradictions. SDBH has the arcade game, the anime, and the manga. DBS also has a manga and an anime. Basically, I go by DBO, XV, and SDBH manga for the expanded DB verse. I do think that all three helps fill in blanks. DBO setup the original story by Toriyama, more than 7 years prior to DBS. Back then, DBO was regarded as the closest thing to the official canon sequel. It introduced the ideas of Mira, Towa, Fu, and the Time Patrol. We didn't know the events before that which came in XV. SDBH also adds more lore to the story. I think while they are all from different authors, they all are borrowing ideas from each other and expanding the story. For example, the DBS manga tells us how Zamasu originally learned of Goku through GodTube without ever meeting him. The DBS manga tells us things we never learn in the manga such as Jiren's wish and how long Belmoud has been a Hakaishin for. This additional information adds to the overall story. Similarly, we were given a story in DBO, which now has more information. We were never told the name of the Kaioshin of Time, Chronoa, in DBO, but we did know there existed one.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am

EoB isn't canon itself so they can pick and chose it. XV references it. There's no reason not to assume the same thing didn't happen. Fits with their "kitchen sink" approach of everything is canon or will be made so. But it's NBD either way. As worst it's non contradicted headcanon.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 23, 2019 10:33 am

shadowfox87 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 amYes, I understand that re-tellings of the same story with differences will lead to contradictions. SDBH has the arcade game, the anime, and the manga. DBS also has a manga and an anime. Basically, I go by DBO, XV, and SDBH manga for the expanded DB verse. I do think that all three helps fill in blanks. DBO setup the original story by Toriyama, more than 7 years prior to DBS. Back then, DBO was regarded as the closest thing to the official canon sequel. It introduced the ideas of Mira, Towa, Fu, and the Time Patrol. We didn't know the events before that which came in XV. SDBH also adds more lore to the story. I think while they are all from different authors, they all are borrowing ideas from each other and expanding the story. For example, the DBS manga tells us how Zamasu originally learned of Goku through GodTube without ever meeting him. The DBS manga tells us things we never learn in the manga such as Jiren's wish and how long Belmoud has been a Hakaishin for. This additional information adds to the overall story. Similarly, we were given a story in DBO, which now has more information. We were never told the name of the Kaioshin of Time, Chronoa, in DBO, but we did know there existed one.
You're talking about trivial information, and while I agree that some can be shared between continuities even if they weren't originally the case, others cannot. Xenoverse came up with an explanation for Episode of Bardock itself, but that explanation only works in Dragon Ball Xenoverse, which may or may not work in Dragon Ball Heroes, and surely doesn't work in Dragon Ball Online. As the OVA is not merely a "trivial information", it's a major event that can impact and change the story and the character overall.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~