"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:11 pm
It's funny to me that Towa and Mira who are bad guys have been around for like 4 years now, keep getting defeated again and again yet they never are killed off for good, same thing with Demigra who was introduced to the arcade much later, who's to say Hearts and Mechikabura won't carry on as villians for next mission??? even Demigra himself still has beef with the time patrol so maybe he could be the new main bad guy if Mechikabura is truly gone for good??
I mean I'm happy with Demigra not being killed off and forgotten, he's one of my favorites

User avatar
DNA
I Live Here
Posts: 4147
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Condom City
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am

I feel that the villains in Heroes series are becoming a little too SATAM toon for my taste. You just foil their plans, they curse you and then come back next week to kick a puppy or polute a river.
Dragon Ball Heroes Character Cards
Now updated into more manageable lists. Please let me know if I missed someone.

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am

Finally translated the UVM10-11 dialogue for the Universe Survival arc. From the typical videos, UVM10 seemed pretty short so if anybody can find videos that show more dialogue online I'd be glad to add to it. Of course I could try to catch up on the arcade... but at my given level & set of cards I'd get slaughtered and I don't have enough time to dedicate to arcades lol.

What's strange to me is that UVM11 isn't like a direct continuation of UVM10's progress, but rather a sort of backtrack. Well at least it adds a little more to other characters' side stories.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6006
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:36 pm

DNA wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am
I feel that the villains in Heroes series are becoming a little too SATAM toon for my taste. You just foil their plans, they curse you and then come back next week to kick a puppy or polute a river.
I mean, Heroes always did feel like a Saturday Morning Cartoon to me and I kinda like that about it.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1659
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am
Finally translated the UVM10-11 dialogue for the Universe Survival arc. From the typical videos, UVM10 seemed pretty short so if anybody can find videos that show more dialogue online I'd be glad to add to it. Of course I could try to catch up on the arcade... but at my given level & set of cards I'd get slaughtered and I don't have enough time to dedicate to arcades lol.

What's strange to me is that UVM11 isn't like a direct continuation of UVM10's progress, but rather a sort of backtrack. Well at least it adds a little more to other characters' side stories.
Yeah, UVM10 made no sense.

S3 Hendrix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 492
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:20 pm
Rakurai wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:05 am
Finally translated the UVM10-11 dialogue for the Universe Survival arc. From the typical videos, UVM10 seemed pretty short so if anybody can find videos that show more dialogue online I'd be glad to add to it. Of course I could try to catch up on the arcade... but at my given level & set of cards I'd get slaughtered and I don't have enough time to dedicate to arcades lol.

What's strange to me is that UVM11 isn't like a direct continuation of UVM10's progress, but rather a sort of backtrack. Well at least it adds a little more to other characters' side stories.
Yeah, UVM10 made no sense.

UVM11 is basically a recap of all the stuff that has happened since post prison planet arc and going to U6 & u11, it gives us a little more info on side characters and other story arcs happening at the same time, before they drop us into the big battle of UVM12 which will be Gogeta Blue vs Ultimate hearts.

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:44 pm

You know, I'm quite surprised they still haven't added Maji Kayo (from U3) to this game. He was actually one of the strongest ToP participants. Even Katopesla got in before him somehow.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:37 am

More Promo cards

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

And my favorite
Image

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8278
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:49 am

That Gohan/Pan card looks awesome, wish I could get it.

It still slightly annoys me that Xeno Pan was released just after I got back from my holiday in Japan. :lol:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:37 am
More Promo cards
And my favorite
That XPan-SS4 XGohan one is a direct reference to the SDBH manga! Props to Nagayama. :clap:

User avatar
Gt91
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am

Father-son and now father-daughter kamehameha :thumbup:

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am

I'm going to take an educated guess based on cliffhangers that UVM12 will cover the Univ. Survival arc but not the Demon Gods arc.

Then Big Bang Mission will begin after UVM12.

Big Bang Mission is gonna be crazy. We're going to be seeing more Super continuity and Xeno continuity interactions. I really hope that we see a Goku-XGoku fusion somewhere in the future. :lol:

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am
I'm going to take an educated guess based on cliffhangers that UVM12 will cover the Univ. Survival arc but not the Demon Gods arc.

Then Big Bang Mission will begin after UVM12.

Big Bang Mission is gonna be crazy. We're going to be seeing more Super continuity and Xeno continuity interactions. I really hope that we see a Goku-XGoku fusion somewhere in the future. :lol:
But wasn't already confirmed that UVM12 will have characters from both stories merge together for a great finale???

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5515
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 am

No, it was just said that in the next update, the stories will converge.

"Next update" can mean either UM12 or BBM. When I made a comment about, I assumed it was the former, but we won't know for sure until the time comes.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 am

Rakurai wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am
I'm going to take an educated guess based on cliffhangers that UVM12 will cover the Univ. Survival arc but not the Demon Gods arc.

Then Big Bang Mission will begin after UVM12.

Big Bang Mission is gonna be crazy. We're going to be seeing more Super continuity and Xeno continuity interactions. I really hope that we see a Goku-XGoku fusion somewhere in the future. :lol:
Boy oh boy am I excited for what's in store next

Cumber, Lagss (If she is alive since Ozotto Absorbed her) & Fu teaming up after Ultimate Godslayer Hearts' defeat and causing more timeline shenanigans would love for Broly Xeno to meet Broly BR and see who's the strongest maybe even Pikkon could return

there's so many possibilities

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 am

Noitsnothim wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 am

Boy oh boy am I excited for what's in store next

Cumber, Lagss (If she is alive since Ozotto Absorbed her) & Fu teaming up after Ultimate Godslayer Hearts' defeat and causing more timeline shenanigans would love for Broly Xeno to meet Broly BR and see who's the strongest maybe even Pikkon could return

there's so many possibilities
XBroly and DBS Broly meeting would only be interesting if XBroly tempted DBS Broly to give in to his primal Saiyan instincts, or if we could have more backstory as to why they were such extraordinary anomalies compared to even the most elite Saiyans. I have zero confidence on Toei's anime but I'm sure Nagayama could do something really good with it in the manga.

We will finally find out whether Prison Planet took place before or after the Time Patrol encountered the Demigra gang based on their interactions as well. My guess is that it will have taken place before, since it feels like the Mechikaboola and Hearts events were moving somewhat concurrently. It would also be weird if XGoku and XVegeta were going after Fu when they had a threat like Black Hole Mechikaboola on the loose... but then again it's hard to fit that mission anywhere in their story tbh.

Will XTrunks continue to have access to SSG after this? Modern DB logic should point to 'yes,' however SSG XTrunks was implied to be greater than a SS3 Fusion between him and XGohan so this is the point where it seems like they're throwing established logic out of the window for 'rule of cool.' Also very disappointed to see that his Ultimate Attack was just fucking Heat Dome and not something new and brilliant in the game.

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:09 pm

DNA wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am
I feel that the villains in Heroes series are becoming a little too SATAM toon for my taste. You just foil their plans, they curse you and then come back next week to kick a puppy or polute a river.

That's because no good guys can get killed in Heroes (correct me if I'm wrong)
It's mostly a children oriented game and they don't take it to such measures. It's better to have your own headcanon regarding Heroes, rather than taking it on a face value.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5515
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:21 pm

The only claim we can make is that Mira and Towa stick around for popularity and because Toriyama likes them. That was said by XV2's producer himself.

Any other claim is just assumption based on nothing.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:16 am

Rakurai wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 am
Noitsnothim wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 am

Boy oh boy am I excited for what's in store next

Cumber, Lagss (If she is alive since Ozotto Absorbed her) & Fu teaming up after Ultimate Godslayer Hearts' defeat and causing more timeline shenanigans would love for Broly Xeno to meet Broly BR and see who's the strongest maybe even Pikkon could return

there's so many possibilities
XBroly and DBS Broly meeting would only be interesting if XBroly tempted DBS Broly to give in to his primal Saiyan instincts, or if we could have more backstory as to why they were such extraordinary anomalies compared to even the most elite Saiyans. I have zero confidence on Toei's anime but I'm sure Nagayama could do something really good with it in the manga.

We will finally find out whether Prison Planet took place before or after the Time Patrol encountered the Demigra gang based on their interactions as well. My guess is that it will have taken place before, since it feels like the Mechikaboola and Hearts events were moving somewhat concurrently. It would also be weird if XGoku and XVegeta were going after Fu when they had a threat like Black Hole Mechikaboola on the loose... but then again it's hard to fit that mission anywhere in their story tbh.

Will XTrunks continue to have access to SSG after this? Modern DB logic should point to 'yes,' however SSG XTrunks was implied to be greater than a SS3 Fusion between him and XGohan so this is the point where it seems like they're throwing established logic out of the window for 'rule of cool.' Also very disappointed to see that his Ultimate Attack was just fucking Heat Dome and not something new and brilliant in the game.
Isn't this actually consistent?
Gogeta (broly) ss1 is stronger than blues but BoG arc vegetto wasn't stronger than SSgod Goku.
If xeno Gohan and trunks have not been god'ed yet this actually makes sense.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 am

TobyS wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:16 am
Isn't this actually consistent?
Gogeta (broly) ss1 is stronger than blues but BoG arc vegetto wasn't stronger than SSgod Goku.
If xeno Gohan and trunks have not been god'ed yet this actually makes sense.
The Time Patrol individually can't be compared to BoG levels.

SS3 XGohanks was able to defeat a (Demigra) powered-up Xeno Super Yi Xing Long. The fact that YXLong was Xeno already meant that he was stronger than his GT counterpart. And BoG arc Vegetto (essentially a Buu arc Vegetto) was left behind in the dust in GT's powerscaling, implied to be weaker than Baby Vegeta Lvl 2, let alone being able to stand a chance against even normal Yi Xing Long.

SS4 XGohan is implied to be as strong as SS4 XGoku and XVegeta (whom are around SSB Goku and Vegeta's levels during Prison Planet) if not stronger, and the fact that he fused with XTrunks implies that their base powers are also around each other's level.

Basically, at their base powers, the Xeno duo should be far, far beyond the likes of BoG base Goku.

Post Reply