Budokai Collection and Tenkaichi Collection for PS3?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Budokai Collection and Tenkaichi Collection for PS3?

Post by songohan619 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Should they collect Budokai 1,2,3 in one collection for PS3, and Tenkaichi 1,2,3 for another one, like "The Sly Collection?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Re: Budokai Collection and Tenkaichi Collection for PS3?

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:28 pm

No, they should spend their time on new games.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

roidrage
Beyond Newbie

Post by roidrage » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:49 pm

You mean like they did with the first two GOW games? Yes, definitely. If they could include Japanese voices, I would surely buy it. Maybe they could also retool the graphics for Budokai 1 and include trophies.

I wouldn't buy a BT collection, though. I have all three of those already.
SAD 4 U

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 am

Why Tenkaichi? The games all cover the same segments, play mostly the same, and don't really have a reason to go from BT-> BT2 -> BT3 when you can just go to BT3.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:24 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Why Tenkaichi? The games all cover the same segments, play mostly the same, and don't really have a reason to go from BT-> BT2 -> BT3 when you can just go to BT3.
Yeah, I'd agree with this... in the end, it would be kind of pointless, especially since it's basically a series they are still releasing new games in.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Why Tenkaichi? The games all cover the same segments, play mostly the same, and don't really have a reason to go from BT-> BT2 -> BT3 when you can just go to BT3.
Yeah, I'd agree with this... in the end, it would be kind of pointless, especially since it's basically a series they are still releasing new games in.
Given that Atari actually released this

Anything Namco might do at this point wouldn't surprise me.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:13 pm

I wouldn't mind a Budokai 3/Infinite World + Super DBZ + Sparking 3 collection.

I still think they should make a final game in the Budokai Engine, I feel Infinite World fell short. It needs to have every character in the series, with all the what ifs and stuff, implement the various mechanics somehow, have the various loading screens, the silly alternate story arcs, some of the cool mini games, etc.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 pm

If they made a Budokai collection that had Budokai 1, 2, 3 and Infinite World with added online support for each game I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Given the state of Dragon Ball games today though I doubt they'd do that, especially since there's probably complications over whatever ownership Atari has of the localization and dub for all four games.
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote: Given that Atari actually released this

http://www.toysnjoys.com/usps2/dbztrilogy.jpg

Taking leftover copies of three pre-existing games and putting them in a cardboard box is quite a bit different from porting and touching up three games from an SD platform for an HD platform.
­

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Taku128 wrote:If they made a Budokai collection that had Budokai 1, 2, 3 and Infinite World with added online support for each game I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Given the state of Dragon Ball games today though I doubt they'd do that, especially since there's probably complications over whatever ownership Atari has of the localization and dub for all four games.
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote: Given that Atari actually released this

http://www.toysnjoys.com/usps2/dbztrilogy.jpg

Taking leftover copies of three pre-existing games and putting them in a cardboard box is quite a bit different from porting and touching up three games from an SD platform for an HD platform.
Got me there.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Budokai 1-3 HD could be pretty sweet if it was done right with new graphics and online play. I believe they are doing the same with Mortal Kombat 1-3 as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Vashkey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vashkey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 am

Why just PS3?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:33 am

Vashkey wrote:Why just PS3?
It seems PS3 is regarded as the superior console. I think both PS3 and Xbox 360 are pretty similar.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm

It seems like the people who make the whole HD collections are a part of Sony?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

The Galactic Tyrant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Galactic Tyrant » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 pm

If Budokai 1,2,3 cam to Ps3 HDclassics i would buy it in an instant, It would be even better if Infinite World was included.

Imagine these games with Online sweeeet.

OOoh and the trophies/achievments would be fun to get.
Formally Known As SSj Gogito (Wait Who Was That)

Vashkey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vashkey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:19 pm

DNA wrote:
It seems PS3 is regarded as the superior console. I think both PS3 and Xbox 360 are pretty similar.
Most of them have been games published by Sony. Although the upcoming Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia collections aren't being published by Sony and are still exclusive. I can understand the exclusivity for the Tomb Raider collection since Tomb Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: anniversary were already released on the 360 and not the PS3. But I don't get Prince of Persia.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Vashkey wrote:
DNA wrote:
Most of them have been games published by Sony. Although the upcoming Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia collections aren't being published by Sony and are still exclusive. I can understand the exclusivity for the Tomb Raider collection since Tomb Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: anniversary were already released on the 360 and not the PS3. But I don't get Prince of Persia.
I feel like Microsoft has said in the past that they aren't interested in HD-remakes of their last gen games (rumors of a Halo C.E. remake not withstanding), but Sony is clearly all for it. :P

But, beyond that, Blu-rays hold a lot more data. You can get three DVDs worth of PS2 games onto a Blu-ray disc, but you can't really cram that much data onto a single DVD... And I assume manufacturing two extra discs isn't really worth it to them.
[quote="Kunzait_83, on FUNimation's dub of [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i]"]"ACTION!!! EXTREME!!! AMERICAN!!!! PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"[/quote]
On [url=http://twitter.com/joey_blanton]my Twitter[/url], postin' some mad tweets.

Vashkey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vashkey » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:17 am

Hao_Kaiser wrote: I feel like Microsoft has said in the past that they aren't interested in HD-remakes of their last gen games (rumors of a Halo C.E. remake not withstanding), but Sony is clearly all for it. :P

But, beyond that, Blu-rays hold a lot more data. You can get three DVDs worth of PS2 games onto a Blu-ray disc, but you can't really cram that much data onto a single DVD... And I assume manufacturing two extra discs isn't really worth it to them.
Microsoft expressed no interest in making HD collections themselves, 3rd parties are free to do it if they wish though.

Most of the last gen game titles were only about 1 to 3 gig at most. Usually less. I bought Beyond Good and Evil HD earlier this month on XBLA and it was barely over a gig.

Even if they had to put the game on multiple discs aren't DVDs cheaper to produce than Blu-ray discs anyway?

I think it maybe possible though that Sony themselves support 3rd parties, they do put the special HD collection tab on them. But I haven't seen anything concrete though.

One things for sure, if they released an HD version of Budokai 3 and I wasn't able to play it on the 360 I'd be a bit irked.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Actually the Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia HD Collections are both coming to Xbox 360. The Tomb Raider one is still PS3 exclusive, but it's just a collection of three games that were already released on PS3/360, and the reason for that not coming to 360 could just be that the three games won't fit on one DVD.

http://www.destructoid.com/splinter-cel ... 3527.phtml

There's no reason a collection couldn't be released for 360, it just depends on if Namco Bandai wants to put forth the extra effort into porting the games to two platforms instead of just one.
­

Vashkey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vashkey » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh, yay! Cuz I was wanting the Prince of Persia trilogy.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:30 am

I agree with DNA. A Infinite World/Budokai 3+Super Dragon Ball Z+Budokai Tenkaichi 3 collection would be best. Or all three of those without Tenkaichi. Sadly I don't see it happening.
And I also would buy Infinite World HD or Super Dragon Ball Z HD in a heartbeat.