DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussio

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:22 pm

On-line play is gonna have a lot SSJ4 Gogetas flooding it.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote:On-line play is gonna have a lot SSJ4 Gogetas flooding it.
Very true, but it's no different from all the Super Saiyan Vegetto users that flooded the RB games.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:34 am

Eddie wrote:
Saimaroimaru wrote:On-line play is gonna have a lot SSJ4 Gogetas flooding it.
Very true, but it's no different from all the Super Saiyan Vegetto users that flooded the RB games.
True, I guess I am sitting out on-line play this time around.

Patient-mental
Beyond Newbie

Post by Patient-mental » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:50 am

Easiest way to fix that is by adding a character filter into online play to allow you to remove specific characters from being paired with you. Then people will realise that you can't get matches playing as SSJ4 Gogeta/Goku/Vegeta or the overpowered characters and to learn to play with others.

Also DB characters may be underpowered but in a tenkaichi budokai tournament match they can fit right in because of the ring and rule limitations.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 am

Patient-mental wrote:Easiest way to fix that is by adding a character filter into online play to allow you to remove specific characters from being paired with you. Then people will realise that you can't get matches playing as SSJ4 Gogeta/Goku/Vegeta or the overpowered characters and to learn to play with others.
Yeah they did that in RB1.

goldsaint13
Beyond Newbie

Post by goldsaint13 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:54 am

:cry: This game will have more or less Tenkaichi 1 roster I fear...
Patient-mental wrote:Easiest way to fix that is by adding a character filter into online play to allow you to remove specific characters from being paired with you. Then people will realise that you can't get matches playing as SSJ4 Gogeta/Goku/Vegeta or the overpowered characters and to learn to play with others.
8) It's my plasure to dominate SSJ4 users with Uub, the true *should-have-been* GT hero!!!!!! :roll:

Well, I would also like to take not only Ub but also Vegetto, Ultimate Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks to own all GT villains...

:lol: Anyone who has trouble defeating base Goku is a weakling compared to that trio!!! :D

I admit that GT Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Vegeta design is good though...

I could actually take base GT Gohan and pretend he is Ultimate and so pwn SSJ2 Vegeta like a joke... Baby will have to reconsider who is the strongest Saiyan... :lol: 8)
"I'll show you the power of justice!"
- Great Saiyaman -

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't know if anyone has brought this up but I think that the hits just don't have enough impact. It feels like a slap fight most of the time and I can barely see the characters reacting in a way that isn't flinching.
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 pm

UristtheGreat wrote:I don't know if anyone has brought this up but I think that the hits just don't have enough impact. It feels like a slap fight most of the time and I can barely see the characters reacting in a way that isn't flinching.
This is the main point that I have been suggesting in Spikes' surveys since day one. It just doesn't feel like DBZ to me without high impact combat. Oh well, it's their last game anyway.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:29 pm

That was also the main problem I had with the RB games. The punches looked as if they always stopped right before the opponent in the air and didn't even hit them.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm

The Tekken series, namely Tekken 6, does a good job with impactful combat. I really feel like I'm hurting whoever I'm fighting. Plus, it actually looks like you're making contact. I wish Spike would take a page from Namco-Bandai.
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Eddie wrote:GT versions of Trunks & Vegeta have actually been playable, though not in the same game. I'm not necessarily happy that GT is being included, but only because I have a bad feeling that the Z roster will suffer for a tacked on small group of GT characters. It's going to happen, though, so hopefully there will be a decent selection. The Super Saiyan 4 characters + three main bad guys does not a full roster make.
I hope GT Vegeta will be outfit with a different dialogue and different ways of using moves, so they don't have to use waste space on a clone. I hope they do the same with Saiya-jin Saga Vegeta as well. Recent fighting games like the newest Mortal Kombat game did the same with Cyrax and Sketor with their human forms as a second outfit. I think Spike could do something similar with Vegeta and maybe Trunks as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: I hope GT Vegeta will be outfit with a different dialogue and different ways of using moves, so they don't have to use waste space on a clone. I hope they do the same with Saiya-jin Saga Vegeta as well. Recent fighting games like the newest Mortal Kombat game did the same with Cyrax and Sketor with their human forms as a second outfit. I think Spike could do something similar with Vegeta and maybe Trunks as well.
My thoughts exactly. I see no reason to have more than Vegeta (unless it's Majin, Baby, or hell, even Kid [god, I wish]).

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope GT Vegeta will be outfit with a different dialogue and different ways of using moves, so they don't have to use waste space on a clone. I hope they do the same with Saiya-jin Saga Vegeta as well. Recent fighting games like the newest Mortal Kombat game did the same with Cyrax and Sketor with their human forms as a second outfit. I think Spike could do something similar with Vegeta and maybe Trunks as well.
I know Spike can pull that off, but they wont. We probably wont get GT Vegeta as a costume or character at all, we'll just get SSJ4 Vegeta as a seperate character and will probably have slightly beefed up versions of SSJ3 Vegeta's moves but they'll change the "Ultra Galick Gun" (or whatever his finisher is called) into the "Final Shine".
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

goldsaint13 wrote:I admit that GT Goten... design is good though...
I can never marry you.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
goldsaint13 wrote:I admit that GT Goten... design is good though...
I can never marry you.

~Da Lemmy
"These are my pimpin' pants" - Gt Goten

Shin_Chou_Senshi

Post by Shin_Chou_Senshi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:31 am

mysticboy wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote: I hope GT Vegeta will be outfit with a different dialogue and different ways of using moves, so they don't have to use waste space on a clone. I hope they do the same with Saiya-jin Saga Vegeta as well. Recent fighting games like the newest Mortal Kombat game did the same with Cyrax and Sketor with their human forms as a second outfit. I think Spike could do something similar with Vegeta and maybe Trunks as well.
My thoughts exactly. I see no reason to have more than Vegeta (unless it's Majin, Baby, or hell, even Kid [god, I wish]).
I'd prefer GT anything to be a seperate character, but whatever they choose to do it'll be fine. They won't " mess " this game up. SS4 GT Vegeta overlapping into Z Vegeta is just wrong costume wise. However, there's more important things to stress in the world, kiddies. 8)
Last edited by Shin_Chou_Senshi on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
" I may treasure peace, but I am VERY GOOD at makin' war. " -Ororo Munroe codename: Storm

" DBZ fans are sadly their own worst enemies. They take hardcore to unrealistic heights. IT'S OVER NI... you know. " (--_-- ) -Shin_Chou_Senshi

Patient-mental
Beyond Newbie

Post by Patient-mental » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:47 am

It would be able to be the same character as a clothing/pallet swap for vegeta with the model of Vegeta GT in as one. Keeping it as a pallete swap could cause this from other vegeta palettes:

Which would be awesome.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:58 am

Shin_Chou_Senshi wrote:I'd prefer GT anything to be a seperate character, but whatever they choose to do it'll be fine. They won't " mess " this game up. SS4 GT Vegeta overlapping into Z Vegeta is just wrong costume wise. However, there's more important things to stress in the world, kiddies. 8)
Patient-mental wrote:It would be able to be the same character as a clothing/pallet swap for vegeta with the model of Vegeta GT in as one. Keeping it as a pallete swap could cause this from other vegeta palettes:
*snip*
Which would be awesome.
I don't get the logic behind this...SS4 is freaking magic. lol
  • It allows someone who has been wish into a kid by a dragon god to return to their normal size.
  • Upon the first time transforming, it generates clothing out of thin air as the Oozarus were nekkid.
  • Upon subsequent transformations, it generates different clothes than what the person transforming originally wore.
  • Upon returning to base form, any clothing that was damaged in other transformation before going SS4 is fixed.
...so what it wrong with Vegeta just having his GT clothing when transforming into the form regardless of what costume he was wearing beforehand? lol Didn't the Budokai series do this? I think that worked out fine...though I wish they would have just pallet swapped his clothes and not made the fur "SS5" colored for some of the costumes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:20 am

I'm starting to think Mystic Gohan can be a transformation that you can't change back from.

Patient-mental
Beyond Newbie

Post by Patient-mental » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:52 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: I don't get the logic behind this...SS4 is freaking magic. lol
  • It allows someone who has been wish into a kid by a dragon god to return to their normal size.
    Had to be done, would have looked ridiculous standing at 4 foot and completely unimposing.
  • Upon the first time transforming, it generates clothing out of thin air as the Oozarus were nekkid.
    Avoiding having to redress him over and over again. Both Goku and Vegeta "regenerate" exactly the same pants + accessories they had before going oozaru
  • Upon subsequent transformations, it generates different clothes than what the person transforming originally wore.
    um... what?
  • Upon returning to base form, any clothing that was damaged in other transformation before going SS4 is fixed.
...so what it wrong with Vegeta just having his GT clothing when transforming into the form regardless of what costume he was wearing beforehand? lol Didn't the Budokai series do this? I think that worked out fine...though I wish they would have just pallet swapped his clothes and not made the fur "SS5" colored for some of the costumes.