DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Re: DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 pm

He and many other movie characters were not in RB1.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm

I did said nearly since he was in both the PSP Budokai games, all three Sparking/Tenkaichi, Infinite World, Supersonic Warriors 2, and I think he is Ultimate Butoden (I could be wrong). I won't be surprise if he is not in the game since I'm starting to doubt that he is not in the game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:36 am

My reaction to my friend getting this game with me. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Now I don't haft to worry about not being able to play online because of the spammers and quitters.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:03 am

I just hope that the online won't have major lag issues like MVC3 and Mortal Kombat did when they where first release.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:03 am

Has there been any news on what kind of soundtrack this game is going to have? As most of us know, the Sparking games and its "X Blast" spinoffs have all had the Kikuchi OST as part of their BGM which was removed in the English versions of every game. Any word on if this pattern is continuing? I'd really like to finally play a DBZ game with the Kikuchi music.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:29 am

Levlik wrote:Has there been any news on what kind of soundtrack this game is going to have? As most of us know, the Sparking games and its "X Blast" spinoffs have all had the Kikuchi OST as part of their BGM which was removed in the English versions of every game. Any word on if this pattern is continuing? I'd really like to finally play a DBZ game with the Kikuchi music.
As of now only Japan will have the Kikuchi score as usual. Blame copyright.

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:24 am

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - FAQ

When will the game be released?
Europe and PAL territories: October 28 2011

Can Quick Time Events (QTE) be deactivated during fights?
No it cannot. This is not possible to deactivate parts of the fighting system, no fighting game is doing that.

QTE are done both create a faithfull Dragon Ball Z experience by providing a fast action gameplay and possibilities to fight back.

This system is an effort to stop the attack spammers, and force players to learn how to avoid front assault that will always trigger a QTE. As an example, managing to get in the back of opponent won't trigger the QTE and let you land combos without being countered.

What is covered by the Story Mode?
All the sagas from Dragon Ball Z, so from the arrival of Raditz to the Defeat of Buu. It also includes parts from movies and Dragon Ball GT.

What kind of characters can be created in Hero Mode?
You can create any kind of character in this mode but it has to be a male Saiyan because some key point of the specific story from this mode requires it, transformation for example.

This mode includes specific enemies and missions completely different then Story Mode.

When will exclusive Capsule Pens be available as preorder gift?

Please check the product page Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi on your local Namco Bandai Games Website (http://www.namcobandaigames.com). The preorder offers are available from this pages.

What Kind of boss fight is there in Story Mode and Hero mode?
Each mode got its own fights. For example, there is Vegeta Giant Ape in the story mode and there is a regular giant ape in Avatar Mode. Boss fights are taken from Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Z movies.

Is it possible to change the color of Auras and Super/Ultimate Attacks ?
You can change the colors of Auras through skill sets unlocked and created on Hero mode. These skill sets can be affected to any characters letting you have a Goku with Cyborg aura for instance.Colors of Super/Ultimate attacks cannot be changed.

How many characters can be created in the Hero Mode?
You can create up to 3 characters in the Hero Mode and develop them separately. However, each character have to be of one of the three type available - Heavy, regular, light. Each type have unique attributes regarding melee, range attacks and Ki control.

How many stages are available in Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi?
15 Stages are available in the game. You will be able to fight in well know places like Cell's Game arena or Namek, detailed with an amazing amount of details. The destruction level is far more advanced than previous Dragon Ball Z games as Super and ultimate attacks will transform the landscape with enormous cuttings or craters.

How many characters is there in the game.
The game includes 41 characters from DBZ, movies and DB GT. In addition to these 41 characters, 3 additional slots are available for your to create your perfect saiyan Heros.

List of characters: Goku, Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan, Ultimate Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Kuririn, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Trunks, Gotenks, Super Vegetto, Super Gogeta, SS4 Gogeta, Bardock, Raditz, Saibaiman, Nappa, Vegeta (Prince), Zarbon, Dodoria, Kyui, Ginyu, Reacoom, Butta, Jheese, Freeza, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, Cell, Cell Jr., Vegeta (Demon Prince), Majin Buu, Super Buu, Kid Buu, Broli, Janenba, Yi Xing Long (Omega Shenron). *Cleaned up the names*

What is the 'Strike Booster'?
The Strike Booster is a special temporary state accessible when your ki bar is fully loaded. Unleashing it will provide to your character an additionnal boost that will let you bypass any counter from your opponent. But this awesome extra power comes with a price: each activation will reduce the lenght of your ki bar for the whole fight.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/dragon-ba ... 9543275642
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:29 am

I still don't think this FAQ is valid.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 am

InfernalVegito wrote:I still don't think this FAQ is valid.
I don't see why not, it fits with 99% of everything we've been told...

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:43 am

It's also from their official Facebook page.

This is just stupid, I have almost no words for this. No Chaozu, no blu ble bla, there are so many missing characters.

Didn't we go from like 100 + characters to 41? We get some GT characters and only three slots for created heroes, do they think that makes up for this? Wow, we're going back to Raging Blast 1. No wait, we're going even further back.

Forget this game, I'm not even going to download it for my xbox 360.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:55 am

Jaetinh wrote:Didn't we go from like 100 + characters to 41? We get some GT characters and only three slots for created heroes, do they think that makes up for this? Wow, we're going back to Raging Blast 1. No wait, we're going even further back.
To be fair, they mean 41 base characters, you still have to add up the few who have transformations now.

RB1 had 42 slots, 72 total.
RB2 had 64 slots, 100 total.
UT/UB has 41 slots(+3 avatar slots), and presumably somewhere around 61 minimum (+the 3 avatars and their transformations).

Yeah, still pathetic, but I don't really care... not impressed, not happy, not buying.

EDIT: Also, would like to point this out. According to that list, not only did they cut down the roster from RB2, but apparently, the only new PLAYABLE characters in this game that aren't from the CaC are SS4 Gogeta and Yi Xing Long. They cut out around 40 characters, giving us two new ones and a poorly executed Create-A-Character...
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 am

I can see Namdai's faces demanding 60€/$ for this...best troll of the year.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 pm

If it's true, they better have some fucking DLC.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm

No GT kid Goku? Hahaha, this game's roster fails hard.

They really fucked up in that respect... there really is no excuse for having such few characters. The standard characters, and some GT villains... without Super 17. Cool story, bro.

Spike built-up all the way to 160+ characters in Sparking! METEOR, then the next game, which is HD next generation, had less than half of the previous. The game's sequel had plenty more, giving a respectable roster... but no where near Sparking! METEOR. Then what? Cut-down the roster again. Brilliant, Spike. Brilliant.

They could've easily created Raging Blast 3... taken two years to work on it, and added as many characters as possible with a nice character creator. But no, they decided on this QTE-whore fest. Shame.
mysticboy wrote:If it's true, they better have some fucking DLC.
If the DLC was anything beyond "customized characters" I'll be a monkey's uncle. They could save their asses by releasing DLC packs of new characters, but I'm sure they've already taken the time to decide they want to alienate even more people.

One final thing: If I play another game with just Bardock and Broli again, I'm going to shoot myself. How goddamn boring do you get? I liked Broli being in Super Butouden 2, because he was an exclusive character. Now he's in every fucking DBZ game regardless of whether he's in the story or not. Same with Bardock... it's not even like he has any moves that are very interesting. *Sigh*
Last edited by Thanos on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Not EVERY game is going to have MORE characters than the last one, especially across different companies. If not then the game for this year would need over 300 characters.

Yes it sucks that many main characters are missing, and the gameplay takes away skill and free roam battles and gives us QTE's...but I'm still picking it up because graphically it's a step up from the rest [although I'm not a graphics whore] and I'm definitely NOT missing out on the new animation and the story mode.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:45 pm

So pikkon isn't in this game? :(
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 pm

samuraix123 wrote:So Paikuhan isn't in this game? :(
Nope, nor is Future Gohan or movie characters aside from Broli (groan), Hildegarn (scripted boss) and Janemba. It also lacks Hatchihyaku, Tarble, Jinzoningens 13, 14, 15, Super Saiyajin 3's Vegeta and Broli, Neizu, Dore, Tullece, Sauzer, Coola, Bojack, Zangya, base Vegetto, Videl, Nail, Cyborg Freeza and... Gurd, Chaozu, Buu arc Gohan, Dabra, Goten & Kid Trunks!?

It seems like Spike has a fetish for releasing broken games... the only one that I could consider complete really is Sparking! METEOR. Hell, even Sparking! NEO had a respectable amount of content.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:02 pm

I was was hoping for paikuhan in this game too. :( Is all this information confirmed, about there only being 41 characters such? I mean even if there is but 41 characters, It's not going to take away from my experience enjoying the game. But I smell BS somewhere.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DarkGokuZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by DarkGokuZ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 pm

What the..

How can they only add 41 characters..? Not only do they cut characters, they cut IMPORTANT ones like Goten, Kid Trunks.. Even base Vegetto!
This makes me sad, we have some nice things in this game like the animated cutscenes and boss battles, and this ruined it all.

I don't even know if I want this game anymore...
digireign wrote: I vote to call it "Super Cyan."

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 pm

PAL is gonna have CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!
So fucking great (beside the fact, that I won't buy the game)!!!!
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.