Namco Bandai discussions

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Namco Bandai discussions

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm

With Namco Bandai holding the license to Dragonball.

Do you think they will ever make Dragonball games ever again or will they just get some other developer to make the games for them?

Do Namco Bandai even have the ability within themselves to make them?
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Re: Namco Bandai discussions

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 am

Bandai has the internal staff to make Dragon Ball games (they make Tekken, and Soul Calibur - so there isn't a shortage of fighting game talent). They may get Banpresto to make another in the future I guess.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:37 pm

I would like to see one of their dedicated fighting teams actually take a crack at Dragonball; with Soul Calibur V and Tekken Wii U in the mix that obviously isn't possible right now :lol: .
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 am

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:I would like to see one of their dedicated fighting teams actually take a crack at Dragonball; with Soul Calibur V and Tekken Wii U in the mix that obviously isn't possible right now :lol: .
Tekken Wii U is so not even on the radar right now, :lol: The Tekken team have both Tekken Tag Team 2, and Tekken x Street Fighter as well.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:I would like to see one of their dedicated fighting teams actually take a crack at Dragonball; with Soul Calibur V and Tekken Wii U in the mix that obviously isn't possible right now :lol: .
Tekken Wii U is so not even on the radar right now, :lol: The Tekken team have both Tekken Tag Team 2, and Tekken x Street Fighter as well.
Come to think of it, we've seen jack squat from Tekken x Street Fighter. Yeah, they are most certainly booked.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada