Emulators kick ass, know why?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Emulators kick ass, know why?

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat May 14, 2005 12:04 pm

EDIT: If anybody is interested in what was posted, let me know through PM.
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Sat May 14, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
14 years later

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Sat May 14, 2005 12:14 pm

Sorry to say, Conan the SSJ, but I'm pretty sure this will be locked and you might even be banned. You might want to edit your post, so those links aren't there. Emulators are illegal, if you don't have the original material.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat May 14, 2005 12:19 pm

It's gone,.

And sorry if that was against the rules.
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Sat May 14, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 years later

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 14, 2005 12:27 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an emulator, as a stand-alone program, that is programmed from the ground up without reverse-engineering the original hardware.

However, the process of playing licensed video games on an emulator is completely illegal. You are not allowed to distribute copies of a game, you are not allowed to "keep them for only 24 hours," etc. Anything else you read is complete and utter bullshit. Video games are completely protected under US and international copyright law, including things like the Berne Convention (just like anime, etc.).

Things like "ethics" and "morals" are a completely separate matter, and we will not discuss those. As a general rule, the administrators of this site do not endorse the process of bootlegging games, and would ask that you simply do not even bring up the discussion about downloading ROMs, obtaining ROMs, having ROMs, playing ROMs, etc.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat May 14, 2005 12:40 pm

Understood fully, however I WILL bring up one thing of emulators, and the main reason they kick ass is because of the "save feature", as well as playing DBZ games on them. I won't say here where to get them from or put the link up, but I will say that googling "Emulator" should easily find you a place where a playable system is. As far as DBZ games go, since linking you guys to the site where they can be downloaded in ROM form can't happen, I'll just say to google it and cross your fingers.

As far as I know, this should be a perfectly legal link: http://www.planetnintendo.com/superpope ... games.html , and there EVERY DBZ game prior to the LoG and Budokai games are detailed in excellent reviews, and quite a lot have some video clips you can check out.
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Sat May 14, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 years later

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 14, 2005 12:42 pm

I know well about Dave and his site. He's beyond old-school. He signed up for an account here, looked around for a bit, and never posted :(.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat May 14, 2005 1:01 pm

Conan the O'Brian wrote:Understood fully, however I WILL bring up one thing of emulators, and the main reason they kick ass is because of the "save feature", as well as playing DBZ games on them. I won't say here where to get them from or put the link up, but I will say that googling "Emulator" should easily find you a place where a playable system is. As far as DBZ games go, since linking you guys to the site where they can be downloaded in ROM form can't happen, I'll just say to google it and cross your fingers.

As far as I know, this should be a perfectly legal link: http://www.planetnintendo.com/superpope ... games.html , and there EVERY DBZ game prior to the LoG and Budokai games are detailed in excellent reviews, and quite a lot have some video clips you can check out.
I am sure 90% of the users here know how to find both emulators, and rom's if the need arises. Also... they don't really kick ass, in fact most emulators are buggy, barely stable pieces of shit.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat May 14, 2005 1:05 pm

Still, they kick ass because of 3 things: 1) The Save Feature, 2) They're free, and 3) You can play possibly any game ever made in Japan and America, including DBZ games.
14 years later

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 14, 2005 1:30 pm

All right, that's more than enough of this bullshit. Thank you, the end.