"Dragon Ball Z For Kinect" Official On-Going Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

"Dragon Ball Z For Kinect" Official On-Going Thread

Post by Ashura » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Surprised this story hasn't come up yet:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/01/ ... bz-kinect/
Blistered Thumbs has learned from a reliable source that Namco is developing a brand new Dragon Ball Z game for Kinect. This title is not associated with the yearly fighting franchise, rather it is a stand alone game being made exclusively for the Kinect. Our source tells us the game will be able to read your movements and allow you to perform a number of the famous attacks from the beloved DBZ anime series (Kamehameha anyone?).

While they did not get into the specifics of modes, story, and other features they did tell us this game has been in the testing stage for quite some time and that Namco believes they have a big hit on their hands. Keep in mind, because the game is so early on in development and not even officially announced, many aspects of the project could change. Stay tuned to Blistered Thumbs as we get more details on this Kinect exclusive!

What do you make of this breaking news? Does this sound like a game you would be interested in? Share all your thoughts and comments below! For everyone’s sake, let’s just hope there isn’t a co-op level where you need to perform the fusion dance. That could get a little awkward…
If I missed it somewhere else, please lock this thread.
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: [RUMOR] DBZ Kinect Game!

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Wow, I opened a topic about DBZ Motion sensor gaming but didn't not expect to become a rumour, fantastic!

It'll probably be Raging Blast 2 gameplay-type (3D).

I always wanted to do a Kamehame-Ha and become a Super Saiyan. :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 pm

I wonder how long you have to grunt to become Level 3?

That would be interesting to discuss, though; how would you motion to the game to actually /go/ Super Saiyan? Would the Kinect have to recognize your short bald friend that you stabbed and then exploded?

DBZ Kinect: Everyone needs a short bald friend. To explode.

(Also, I see what you did there, invisimod! Well played.)
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm

They could have included Kinect feature on Raging Blast 2, but maybe they were already developing Kinect for the next game during the years.

Other than this awesome rumour, Tenkaichi Tag Team for Xbox 360 would be pretty damn awesome too.

2 Vs. 2 at the same time, wow! It'd be like Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale, not exactly, but as close as it can get on a DBZ game internationally.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 pm

No just, no. That all fine and whatever but they need to make a good solid DBZ game and not just another fighting game. How about a action, adventure, rgp, Musou type game? not just fighter after fighter after fighter, it could still have fighting of course, but they reach the peak of DBZ fighters with Budokai 3 and Sparking Neo and Meteor.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Haji wrote:No just, no. That all fine and whatever but they need to make a good solid DBZ game and not just another fighting game. How about a action, adventure, rgp, Musou type game? not just fighter after fighter after fighter, it could still have fighting of course, but they reach the peak of DBZ fighters with Budokai 3 and Sparking Neo and Meteor.
Sparking Meteor / Budokai Tenkaichi 3 wasn't really that good as everyone praises so much, the great thing about the game is that it had over 160 characters.

Some of the charge attacks looked exactly the same regardless on what character it was on. "Exploding Wave" is an example.

Plus the story mode had a lot of flaws, but at least it featured the original DB series and GT.

Worst of it, (IMO) was probably the soundtrack, horrible, ugh!
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Haji » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Budokai 1 had the best story mode. But still, there needs to be a action, adventure, rpg, musou type DBZ game, Not just another fighter but this with motion control!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:06 am

Haji wrote:Budokai 1 had the best story mode. But still, there needs to be a action, adventure, rpg, musou type DBZ game, Not just another fighter but this with motion control!
Dragon Ball games with those genres exist (adventure/rpg).

This will very likely be the first proper DBZ motion sensor to be used properly, if it ends up being true, which I hope very much.

Ah yes, Star Wars Kinect is also looking top notch!
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 am

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I am not looking forward at this at all. As I said in the other thread, I can't see them putting much thought into this at all. Hell, I'd be surprised if you could play as more then Goku in a bunch of 1 on 1 fights in the series. That is of course, if this becomes more then just a rumor. I doubt it though given the lack of love for Microsoft in Japan(assuming this isn't being made in the US). Again, I'm being pessimistic but I wouldn't get too excited just yet.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Haji » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:18 am

I know that there are action rpg DBZ games, It's just that there needs to be a new one made for this generation of game consoles. Not just another DBZ fighter with no spirit.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 am

Simply put; buttons.

We NEED buttons for a DBZ game, theres no way around every movement a character in the game does with your actual body.

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:00 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I am not looking forward at this at all. As I said in the other thread, I can't see them putting much thought into this at all. Hell, I'd be surprised if you could play as more then Goku in a bunch of 1 on 1 fights in the series. That is of course, if this becomes more then just a rumor. I doubt it though given the lack of love for Microsoft in Japan(assuming this isn't being made in the US). Again, I'm being pessimistic but I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Ah, you brought a good point. Japan isn't very fond of the 360 are they, so why would they make a 'serious' title, especially for the Kinect? I doubt a lot of funding has gone into this, maybe it's just a bit of fun? I don't know, but they shouldn't expect to make too many sales. I don't have a Kinect or 360, and don't intend to get either; and I doubt a lot of other people will too.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm

DonieZ wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I am not looking forward at this at all. As I said in the other thread, I can't see them putting much thought into this at all. Hell, I'd be surprised if you could play as more then Goku in a bunch of 1 on 1 fights in the series. That is of course, if this becomes more then just a rumor. I doubt it though given the lack of love for Microsoft in Japan(assuming this isn't being made in the US). Again, I'm being pessimistic but I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Ah, you brought a good point. Japan isn't very fond of the 360 are they, so why would they make a 'serious' title, especially for the Kinect? I doubt a lot of funding has gone into this, maybe it's just a bit of fun? I don't know, but they shouldn't expect to make too many sales. I don't have a Kinect or 360, and don't intend to get either; and I doubt a lot of other people will too.
Dragon Ball games by and large sell better in the west than they do Japan, which is why all the games this generation have 360 versions. It's a viable platform outside of Japan.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
DonieZ wrote:

Dragon Ball games by and large sell better in the west than they do Japan, which is why all the games this generation have 360 versions. It's a viable platform outside of Japan.
I guess so, but seeing as this franchise is Japanese itself, I think they'd like to cater to their own moreso than others. Unless it's not a Japanese company developing it. Still, I don't see this going too far sale-wise. Does anyone here by chance own a Kinect?

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: Dragon Ball games by and large sell better in the west than they do Japan, which is why all the games this generation have 360 versions. It's a viable platform outside of Japan.
Oh no, I know that. I just can't see a lot of interest coming from Japan. Plus given the lack of love towards the 360 I find it hard to imagine there are a lot of experienced Kinect programers over there. I'm sure they exist but I don't think there is a lot of them. Plus, given the poor quality of Kinect games in the US I don't think a lot can come from this game; regardless of who makes it.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

DarkGokuZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by DarkGokuZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Is it 100 % confirmed? If no I think its a lie. Why should they only make the game to 360 and not ps3? Sounds weird to me.
And I hope it isn't true.. I really don't like the kinect.
digireign wrote: I vote to call it "Super Cyan."

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:03 pm

DarkGokuZ wrote:Is it 100 % confirmed? If no I think its a lie. Why should they only make the game to 360 and not ps3? Sounds weird to me.
And I hope it isn't true.. I really don't like the kinect.
It's a rumour, so it can either be true or false.

DGZ, did you ever try Kinect to say "I don't like"?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:16 pm

DarkGokuZ wrote:Is it 100 % confirmed? If no I think its a lie. Why should they only make the game to 360 and not ps3? Sounds weird to me.
Well seeing as it isn't the annual game, I don't see why not. Maybe it was some random dudes dream to be able to play a game where he could actually throw a Kamehameha and scream like a mad man, and do the ga-I mean awesome Ginyu Force dance. So this dude went and became a video game developer, and as if by fate the Kinect was developed, so now he bla bla what am I saying...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 pm

If a Kinect game is similar to this then I might check it out. I play the Kinect before, it's pretty fun but I don't think I will waste $100 just to buy it. It's fun for kids and the family but not someone who is likely not to use it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If a Kinect game is similar to this then I might check it out. I play the Kinect before, it's pretty fun but I don't think I will waste $100 just to buy it. It's fun for kids and the family but not someone who is likely not to use it.

Eh, that link barely showed anything of the actual gameplay? Or do you just like the crossover and stuff?