Games You Owned but Never Finished

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Games You Owned but Never Finished

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Do you own any games that you still haven't finished? For me, I still haven't gotten round to finishing Raging Blast 2 despite receiving it for my birthday at the start of 2011. :P It just doesn't hold my attention for some reason (that and I suck at it. I got ripped to pieces online by some Japanese kid).

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Games You Owned but Never Finished

Post by ThunderPX » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't remember if I finished RB2. I love Galaxy Mode for trying something new, but it does blur together a bit after a while.
I do know I've never unlocked everything in Budokai 3, though. I recently gave it another whirl but some of the requirements to get events to show up are so ridiculous and confusing that I still mess up even with a damn walkthrough.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:13 am

I have both Burst Limit and Raging Blast 1. I haven't gotten very far in either of them.

I also have Super Dragon Ball Z. I think I finished the story mode but I don't think I finished unlocking everything.

I know I finished Sagas but I never played it with the characters that get unlocked when you beat the game.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 am

Most of them are portable games that I haven't finished: Dragon Ball Origins 2, Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, Legacy of Goku 2. (Yes, I finished Sagas... ugh.)

Edit: And Super Dragon Ball Z.
Last edited by dragondyle on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
You must have faith in who you are.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 am

Raging Blast 2
Super Dragon Ball Z

Aside from DBZ games there's a lot of PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, N64, NES, Saturn, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Dreamcast, etc games I've not completed.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm going to do this going with 'finished' meaning just beating the game, rather than 100%-ing it for the most part, since for a lot of games I can't remember if I did that or not.

Hmm...I know I beat the story on Revenge of King Piccolo, but I don't think I ever beat the other modes in it to get Arale and the like. Origins on the DS I'm barely even into that game because it's insanely hard, definitely the toughest DB game I've ever played. Legendary Super Warriors I was never able to do the 'New Game+' kind of thing as noted in the thread on that, since my copy seems to be messed up. The Trading Card Game GBA game I've never fully beaten either, just can never play it continuously long enough to beat it with everyone. Ultimate Battle 22 I've barely played, so I can't even remember if there was anything to unlock to begin with. Super DBZ is another one that's hard to me (I suck at Street Fighter as it is), so that's barely been messed with. The Wii copy of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 probably hasn't been beaten since I mainly got it for the heck of it, since I already had it beaten on the PS2. Finally, Final Bout that I got recently I haven't played yet at all so...yeah.

I think that covers it. Good lord, no wonder I don't play my games often, most of them are DB related. :shock:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Technically I never owned it but the only DBZ game I never finished was Buu's Fury. The part where you have to collect the Dragonballs using Goten and Trunks just put me off the game completely. It felt like they were padding the game way too much with stupid side quests that weren't interesting. Legacy of Goku 2 is still the best one of the series IMO.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:40 pm

By finished, do you mean having gotten everything? That would be 0 of the DB Z games except for DBZ ultimate battle 22, DBZ Legends, and DB: Final Bout.

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:01 am

Infinite World. Story mode just got ridiculously hard.
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm

I never finished Raging Blast 1-2, Ultimate Blast, Legendary Super Warriors and the DBZ TCG game on the Gameboy advance. The first game had those stupid star pieces in Raging Blast which made things so hard to unlock and the Galaxy mode in the second game got very boring so fast. Ultimate Blast made me want to smash my controler since I keep on smashing buttons to win, the TCG game is so confusing and the music gets so annoying.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't think I ever got 100% of the capsules in Budokai 3 and I know, I don't have 100% of the blue capsules(?) in Tenkaichi Budokai 2.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:38 am

BT3. :lol:

I need to unlock King Cold but in order to do that I need to wait for a specific tournament. After awhile I just said fuck it.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 am

Pretty sure I never bothered to unlock King Cold and Chi-Chi in Sparking! METEOR, myself. I have two character slots left, and I'm assuming those are the two. Isn't it something like the Cell Game on its highest difficulty to get them? Maybe I'll go back and do that some day... if I can remember how to play...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Ultimate Battle 22

Doesn't matter anyways since it's terrible.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Pretty sure I never bothered to unlock King Cold and Chi-Chi in Sparking! METEOR, myself. I have two character slots left, and I'm assuming those are the two. Isn't it something like the Cell Game on its highest difficulty to get them? Maybe I'll go back and do that some day... if I can remember how to play...
Yea, I think it's the Cell games. The annoying thing is that you couldn't just pick the Cell games on the highest difficulty but you had to wait for it to pop up or something. I got so sick of waiting that I just stopped caring.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:20 pm

NitroEX wrote:Technically I never owned it but the only DBZ game I never finished was Buu's Fury. The part where you have to collect the Dragonballs using Goten and Trunks just put me off the game completely. It felt like they were padding the game way too much with stupid side quests that weren't interesting. Legacy of Goku 2 is still the best one of the series IMO.
It still wasn't the egg mission from Legacy of Goku II...
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:26 pm

bkev wrote:
NitroEX wrote:Technically I never owned it but the only DBZ game I never finished was Buu's Fury. The part where you have to collect the Dragonballs using Goten and Trunks just put me off the game completely. It felt like they were padding the game way too much with stupid side quests that weren't interesting. Legacy of Goku 2 is still the best one of the series IMO.
It still wasn't the egg mission from Legacy of Goku II...
Oh yeah, that was fucking retarded and, despite being simple, was quite annoying because one hit meant you had to go and do it all over again. :x
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I never finished Raging Blast 1-2
Some RB2 missions are ridiculously hard whether they're easy or hard, it's as if the level doesn't matter.

I have almost all characters on RB2 but haven't completed all missions.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

necromancer1983

Post by necromancer1983 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Pretty sure I never bothered to unlock King Cold and Chi-Chi in Sparking! METEOR, myself. I have two character slots left, and I'm assuming those are the two. Isn't it something like the Cell Game on its highest difficulty to get them? Maybe I'll go back and do that some day... if I can remember how to play...
Yea, I think it's the Cell games. The annoying thing is that you couldn't just pick the Cell games on the highest difficulty but you had to wait for it to pop up or something. I got so sick of waiting that I just stopped caring.
That was very annoying! I kept going back to it every couple of months till I finally got King Cold, still to get back to getting Chi-Chi.

Edit: Double checked, I actually did unlock Chi-Chi. I guess all that's left is to unlock all those extra battles in RB1.
Last edited by necromancer1983 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

monkeydlogan

Post by monkeydlogan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 am

hahah the egg mission.
The only DBZ game that I never beat was Ultimate Tenkaichi.
Beat Oozaru Vegeta and got rid of it after.
MONEY, POWER, WOMEN