FAKE: Dragon Ball Sparking! Omega announced for PS3 and 360

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Sparking! Omega announced for PS3 and 360

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

Rukura wrote:Yeah, about that....there's a high chance that the (at this point, most likely fake) Sparking! Omega thing was the rumored BT HD thing. Which, if it doesn't exist....
I don't think the BT HD has any relation with OMEGA. We learned about OMEGA 2 days ago, while the HD is in not in news sites, but shopping sites, not to mention that we heard about HD about a week ago.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun May 20, 2012 11:57 am

If they WERE announcing a new game; wouldn't they have given it like an ENTIRE page with the title sprawled across the page with atleast a screenshot or two? :?: I was actually excited to see this be true.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 20, 2012 12:00 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I was actually excited to see this be true.
Me too. Super excited the first day and super disappointed the next day.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Looks like Kinect people will be the only ones with a new game this year, which I don't have Kinect, so doesn't bother me THAT much but still.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun May 20, 2012 12:02 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I don't think the BT HD has any relation with OMEGA. We learned about OMEGA 2 days ago, while the HD is in not in news sites, but shopping sites, not to mention that we heard about HD weeks ago.
The "news" on either of them have been just as reliable.

Here's where I think the BT HD Collection came from. For the past 4 years, it's been a given that a Dragon Ball game comes out for the PS3 and 360. A store goes "Hey, might as well put those listings up to save time".
But then only the Kinect game was announced. Oblivious to all this, everyone, including a spanish retailer site, assumes it's an HD Collection because the original placeholder listing said HD as well.
Thus, a rumor was born.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Looks like Kinect people will be the only ones with a new game this year, which I don't have Kinect, so doesn't bother me THAT much but still.
Weren't there supposed to be released 3 games this year?
1) Dragon Ball Z for Kinect
2) Dragon Ball (3DS) (?)
3) ???
Rukura wrote:The "news" on either of them have been just as reliable.
Of course they are, I just don't think they are connected.
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 pm

I wasn't having much hope for a 3DS game since wasn't it announced like before the 3DS came out? Was that Z fighting game with the deformed looking characters on the DS or 3DS?

Interesting that they didn't port the Kinect game to Playstation Move as well since there are far more PS3's than 360s in Japan and the colored ball on top would be fun to see changing colors and all when charging and shooting ki.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:1) Dragon Ball Z for Kinect
2) Dragon Ball (3DS)
3) ???
That 2nd one is still unconfirmed. It'll happen at some point, but one hasn't actually been announced.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:1) Dragon Ball Z for Kinect
2) Dragon Ball (3DS) (?)
3) ???
OK, fixed. I put it there because it is on some sites for pre-order. Then again, DBZ: BTHD is on some others too. But it's possible, since it was announced that it's on development.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun May 20, 2012 12:36 pm

So is that a weekly or monthly magazine? Have they always used subscriptions to announce games or have they thorwn something up on a JP website before to announce something?

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sun May 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: -Snip-
And yet it did worse than Raging Blast 1 which did worse than the previous gen. When it out grows RB1 in sales then I will concede about the fanbase. And even though it outsold RB2, UT sales are still abysmal. One low saleing piece of crap that out does another piece of crap by a little but still beat by the first piece of crap means there is interest but very little and doesn't defeat the franchises overall slope compared to last gen and still doesn't mean fans are now eating everything spike puts out, especially this gen. And those increase in sales more than likely came from interest in the CAC they added in.

I would say that the fanbase is overall tired and this gen's sales support it. Yes one game beat one predecessor but that predecessor set the bar real low and didn't have a feature that was requested since the Budokai days(CAC).

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Give it a couple of weeks....some other BS is bound to pop up.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2012 1:51 pm

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 pm

If you click the link and look below the blue circle, it looks like a Dragon Ball Heroes card. That is very distressing.
Last edited by DarkPrince_92 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Dragon Ball Heroes cards.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Last edited by sintzu on Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Just give up. It's fake.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun May 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Namdai will eventually make their 2nd and 3rd game announcements of DB-related, just be patient.

I suppose there'll be another two games, 1) DB Portable, 2) Regular DBZ game.

I'd give thumbs up to Namdai if they were creative with the other DB games as they were with Dragon Ball Z For Kinect, i.e, giving the gamer/fan an opportunity to feel like he or she's part of the series/game, for once.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2012 2:08 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Just give up. It's fake.
Oh well...

Let's hope the HD collection is real.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun May 20, 2012 2:22 pm

As if Youtube bloggers weren't enough...

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon ... king_Omega

I kinda feel sorry for the people who had their hopes up....
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump