FAKE: Dragon Ball Sparking! Omega announced for PS3 and 360

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Sparking! Omega announced for PS3 and 360

Post by sangofe » Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:There's 1% (maybe more) of this being real and the rest of being a fraud, I don't really expect much from Spike but another BT/RB game? It's possible.

You guys shouldn't really have brought up such high expectations 'cos now you Spike fans feel quite disappointed.
Why are you even voicing your opinion when you don't know anything more than others? And it's stongly subjective as well. Stop doing that, man.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Spike's DBZ games have all been very similar since the Budokai Tenkaichi days, same engine with major differences, upgraded graphics and more/less characters.

If Spike was Dimps the games would definitely be great, but S isn't D. Hope's the last to dry out.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 19, 2012 6:20 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Spike's DBZ games have all been very similar since the Budokai Tenkaichi days, same engine with major differences, upgraded graphics and more/less characters.
If a game is similar to another, it doesn't mean that isn't a great game. I have BT3 on Wii for 3 years, and I still enjoy playing it. This makes it a great game for me. I don't care if everyone plays the same or if it has crappy story mode. It entertains me, and that's exactly where a video game is aiming to.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm

I'll give you that, but Spike didn't work too much on making most or all characters feel have their own abilities, to me, they just feel clones, sadly.

If the international version of Spike's DBZ games featured Kikuchi's soundtrack I'd definitely play it a lot more. BT3's international soundtrack is unbearable to listen to (imo). :|
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 19, 2012 6:42 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:I'll give you that, but Spike didn't work too much on making most or all characters feel have their own abilities, to me, they just feel clones, sadly.
It's not Spike's fault, it's Shueisha's fault for being greedy and forcing them to make a DB game in one year that will sell.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat May 19, 2012 6:46 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:If Spike was Dimps the games would definitely be great, but S isn't D. Hope's the last to dry out.
Except Dimps Dragon Ball games aren't really that great at all. They're better than Spike's games, but not great.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 19, 2012 6:50 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:It's not Spike's fault, it's Shueisha's fault for being greedy and forcing them to make a DB game in one year that will sell.
EA for example, has been releasing FIFA yearly football games and each one play wonderfully and sometimes it's even better than the last one.

FIFA 08 to FIFA 09 was a huge step up, and FIFA 10 to 11 (now I can play as GK), so forth.

So Spike isn't innocent, if they were a great dev team they should deliver yearly games properly, and if there's a bug (which usually are), then release update patches, and DLC packs.

Konami still has a lot of catching up to do with they want the football fans to play PES.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I will laugh if this ends up becoming fake since I see threads on other forums that over 10 pages long on what the game could be. Everyone is going to be up for a big disappointment.
Based on recent Spike games they were going to be disappointed even if the game did come out. :wink: This potentially being fake just makes the disappointment happen sooner.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 pm

If the game is real then I will give it a try since I wonder if we could finally get the good game from Spike that we waited for after 2007?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm

I still have a feeling this game is real. Either way, the next few days will be interesting.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Bluebolt
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Bluebolt » Sat May 19, 2012 8:52 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:I'll give you that, but Spike didn't work too much on making most or all characters feel have their own abilities, to me, they just feel clones, sadly.
It's not Spike's fault, it's Shueisha's fault for being greedy and forcing them to make a DB game in one year that will sell.
hm I thought of something... why not redirect our demands at shueisha? spike is done gone outta here. So we should direct our persistence our plea our thoughts to shueisha not spike. heck maybe with some luck we can get DIMPs to work on one more?
DORYA!

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sat May 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Woah I haven't been a week here and already a new game is announced again.
I don't know what to think of this but if it really isn't fake I hope it will be the true BT3 successor for the current gen consoles. That is, more stages, signature attacks, costumes and characters from the series (especially GT stuff).

Expectations will be low until gameplay videos are first available.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 pm

If it's real then I wonder how long Spike has been working on the game? I have a feeling it's going to be rush and have a lot of major bugs.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If it's real then I wonder how long Spike has been working on the game? I have a feeling it's going to be rush and have a lot of major bugs.
I mean, if it's part of the Sparking series, it may just be an upscale or downgrade of Tenkaichi 3's gameplay. Hopefully gameplay won't be the issue, I'm just worried about everything else like game modes and characters and such.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:33 am

JeffJarrett wrote:Here is what appears in most Japanese website/blogs announcing the game:

*snip*
I mentioned that earlier:
I wrote:http://logsoku.com/thread/anago.2ch.net ... 309519/99-
99 名前: 名無しさん必死だな 投稿日:2012/05/18(金) 12:16:55.31 ID:vwZm4k2o0
Vジャンフラゲ来たね

PS3/XBOX360
ドラゴンボール スパーキングOMEGA
原点にして頂点
スパーキングシリーズの最終形態 登場キャラは過去最多
超4悟空と超4ベジータがいる
今冬発売予定
And this is a piece of information without any source, which is complete bullshit. I did a bit research on this "Sparking! OMEGA" thing, and it seems that on 2chan, there's a crazy guy who's been talking about "Sparking! OMEGA" since the mid-2000s. Two famous (and most hated) Japanese video game blogs picked his post up, then people around the world got trolled.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun May 20, 2012 1:14 am

kei17 wrote:
JeffJarrett wrote:Here is what appears in most Japanese website/blogs announcing the game:

*snip*
I mentioned that earlier:
I wrote:http://logsoku.com/thread/anago.2ch.net ... 309519/99-
99 名前: 名無しさん必死だな 投稿日:2012/05/18(金) 12:16:55.31 ID:vwZm4k2o0
Vジャンフラゲ来たね

PS3/XBOX360
ドラゴンボール スパーキングOMEGA
原点にして頂点
スパーキングシリーズの最終形態 登場キャラは過去最多
超4悟空と超4ベジータがいる
今冬発売予定
And this is a piece of information without any source, which is complete bullshit. I did a bit research on this "Sparking! OMEGA" thing, and it seems that on 2chan, there's a crazy guy who's been talking about "Sparking! OMEGA" since the mid-2000s. Two famous (and most hated) Japanese video game blogs picked his post up, then people around the world got trolled.

Ah, the whole "It's in Japanese, that means it's legit" mentality took over when they saw the blogs, then.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 am

So, with this rumor being known worldwide now, do you think that Spike could keep this in their mind for a later game?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 20, 2012 9:19 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, with this rumor being known worldwide now, do you think that Spike could keep this in their mind for a later game?
there is no proof that sparking omega is fake yet
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun May 20, 2012 9:27 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, with this rumor being known worldwide now, do you think that Spike could keep this in their mind for a later game?
I actually expect some kind of backlash towards Namco Bandai and Spike when people start to realize that nothing came from that "news". (Assuming that nothing comes, at this point)

I can totally imagine people complaining about Spike shoving tons of half-assed games on the fans and then not giving them what they want. (Because, if nothing else, this rumor really shows that most fans all over the world want more Sparking! Meteor...which is kind of a sad thought, but I can see where they're coming from)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

SSR223

Post by SSR223 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:35 am

Well, whaddya know? Seeing this being announced is what finally encourages me to sign up here--- and then my account finally gets approved when it's 97.8% debunked as a rumor/troll. Just my luck :/
Don't wake me without a master plan.