Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission for 3DS

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission for 3DS

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:36 am

http://andriasang.com/con29d/dragon_bal ... witterfeed
We're not totally sure of the source on this, but we're hearing some reports that Namco Bandai will be bringing its arcade title Dragon Ball Heroes to 3DS.

Titled Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission, the 3DS version will feature a story mode, wireless support, and connectivity with the arcade version. You'll find over 200 warriors and 800 cards. Using the stylus, you'll directly control your deck of five cards in battle. A release is planned for Winter.
V-JUMP's announcement of the Digimon Adventure RPG for PSP already leaked so where in the world is this supposed to be coming from?

Also if true, Nakajima biggest liar in Dragon Ball history, or biggest liar in Dragon Ball history? So much for not wanting to directly port arcade stuff to consoles, and focusing on PS3/360.

Edit: Scan confirmation from V-JUMP

"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

MewtwoZX
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission for 3DS

Post by MewtwoZX » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:11 am

HOLY ****

Good i have the Japanese Imported 3DS LL!

WAIT WHAT ANOTHER DIGIMON GAME TOO? HOLY CRAP. This V-Jump is exciting.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:29 am

Great! At last we will know the story behind it. :D
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:54 am

MewtwoZX wrote:Good i have the Japanese Imported 3DS LL!
Is the 3DS region locked? Not that I have one...
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 am

DS was region free, 3DS is region locked (silly Nintendo..), but if hacked (I think it's possible, not sure, tho) the 3DS can play any region game.

Eh, this looks a fun game, now with New Super Mario Bros 2 and this, plus 3DS, I'll add to the wishlist.

PS Vita really needs a boost... :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 am

No, you cannot play Japanese games on a North American, or European 3DS at all. There is no hacking scene for the platform. There is no swap magic. You either import a Japanese 3DS or you don't play the game.

To be completely honest with you I'm less than impressed. It looks like an identical port with worse visuals. If this is the case does that mean Vita will get a port of Zenkai Battle Royale? :lol:
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Oh goody, another game we're not going to get in the West.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:05 am

Kaboom wrote:Oh goody, another game we're not going to get in the West.
More than likely, yep. Soooo, not interested. -_-;
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:08 am

Kaboom wrote:Oh goody, another game we're not going to get in the West.
I'd be very angry if this game got a localization when Ultimate Butouden didn't. A lazy port of a bland card game versus a brand new fighting game done as a love letter to the franchise? I know which one I'd have chosen.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Also if true, Nakajima biggest liar in Dragon Ball history, or biggest liar in Dragon Ball history? So much for not wanting to directly port arcade stuff to consoles, and focusing on PS3/360.
Well, it's not a direct port from the looks of things. The cards were made digital. =P

Seriously though, he was probably talking about just for the western market. Because it's very likely that we won't see this game, port or not, since it seems to be more of an accessory to the arcade game, given the connectivity feature.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:22 am

Bummer, it looks like it could actually be fun. 800 cards? The current count is 899...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:23 am

i wish spike would make a game like this with all the 200+ charecters but with raging blast or tenkaichi style gameplay

i hope we get raging blast 3 next year or at the veary least a tenkaichi hd collection cause from the rumers it sounds like next year will be the last for the current gen consoles
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:25 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Also if true, Nakajima biggest liar in Dragon Ball history, or biggest liar in Dragon Ball history? So much for not wanting to directly port arcade stuff to consoles, and focusing on PS3/360.
Well, it's not a direct port from the looks of things. The cards were made digital. =P

Seriously though, he was probably talking about just for the western market. Because it's very likely that we won't see this game, port or not, since it seems to be more of an accessory to the arcade game, given the connectivity feature.
Making these console/handheld port Japanese exclusive makes little sense since Japan's the market where the arcade games are! Us in the west have never experienced them. That is why I called Nakajima's bluff in that interview. That made negative sense.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:40 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Making these console/handheld port Japanese exclusive makes little sense since Japan's the market where the arcade games are! Us in the west have never experienced them. That is why I called Nakajima's bluff in that interview. That made negative sense.
I agree, it's ridiculous to rehash the game on a new system and only release it to the original market when they can still play the original. But, if they're treating the game more as a peripheral to the arcade version instead of a standalone title, then I could understand why it stays in the homeland. Granted we don't have a lot of details yet, but its possible that the game will connect to your arcade account (the CC Card) and act as a portable, playable save of the arcade version. Thus, allowing the players to complete missions while not having to be restricted to the actual machine and letting them play the story mode in between the card releases. (Being a 3DS game, it may even see DLC for each new card set.) If that's the case, half the game's intended experience would be lost on any other market...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really defending them here. I don't even really like card games and I still want the port to be localized, but I can see why they probably won't, even with the demand.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:53 am

I'm little disappointed that Dragon Ball series for 3DS turned out to be Dragon Ball Heroes which I'm not interested in, but this is fairly understandable considering that DB Heroes is very successful at increasing merchandising sales of the Dragon Ball franchise.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:36 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:No, you cannot play Japanese games on a North American, or European 3DS at all. There is no hacking scene for the platform. There is no swap magic. You either import a Japanese 3DS or you don't play the game.
Well then, it's useless for me, if I were to buy it I'd play it not just for collecting purposes.

Just hope these Japan-only exclusives will someday be brought over to Europe.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:No, you cannot play Japanese games on a North American, or European 3DS at all. There is no hacking scene for the platform. There is no swap magic. You either import a Japanese 3DS or you don't play the game.

To be completely honest with you I'm less than impressed. It looks like an identical port with worse visuals. If this is the case does that mean Vita will get a port of Zenkai Battle Royale? :lol:
For fuck's sake, really? I was excited as anything when I found out this was real, it's not even like people can use a 3DS emulator. All this means is that rather than getting money they'll have people pirating their game for the use of an R4.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

MewtwoZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MewtwoZX » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:46 am

Don't expect them to make a game for Vita when it's sales get worse each month.

Like i said, i'm proud i own a Japanese 3DS LL. ;)

And it's the first DBZ 3DS Game. I bet we'll be getting a ton of more in the future.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Jaruka wrote:All this means is that rather than getting money they'll have people pirating their game for the use of an R4.
Probably not even on their list of worries, any time soon anyway. As Super Saiyan Prime already said, if anyone actually wants to play the game, they're going to have to get it legit. The console hasn't been publicly hacked. None of the released carts support 3DS games and only run in DS/DSi mode, so there's no danger to their sales.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 pm

MewtwoZX wrote:And it's the first DB 3DS Game. I bet we'll be getting a ton of more in the future.
Purchasing a 3DS for each region is not ideal, at least for me, so I'll wait until 3DS gets hacked.

Still patiently awaiting for PS3 3.61-4.00+ FW to get hacked so I can use it as a Media Centre, the app is called Showtime Media Player (MKV video files are compatible). I'm not interested in pirating PS3 to play pirate games.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray