What Dragon Ball game do you want to see in 2013?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: What Dragon Ball game do you want to see in 2013?

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Avenged wrote:How about old Famicom and Super Famicom games properly translated and released on the Wii virtual console.
+100

Seriously. If there can never be anything aside from the typical fighters they're releasing nowadays, I'd love to play the many games I missed out on back then. Super Gokuden 1 & 2 for SNES? Hyper Dimension? The Super Butouden series? Legend of the Super Saiyan? Assault of the Saiyans for NES? Freeza the Planet Destroyer? World Tournament(might be a bit complicated with the card system they had there)? Violent Androids? SIGN ME UP, YO!
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:28 pm

I'm actually kind of surprised the game companies haven't already tried putting the old DB/Z NES and SNES games on the VC. It seems like a no brainer, and a quick way for them to rake in a good deal of cash fast. Especially if they translate and release them outside of the countries that got them originally.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:13 pm

I want an Action/Adventure game on Wii-U with rp elements. The screen can be the dragon radar , Inventory and more. Ideally i see it playing as a hybrid of Legacy og Goku series and the Legend of Zelda series. That could be really fun. I think the Wii-u has so much potential for a dragonball related game it'd be a shame if we never got one or only got a fighter.

Ringworm128
I Live Here

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 pm

I actually don't want a 2013 DBZ game. I would rather them get rid of the Call of Duty formula of releasing the games and actually take the time to make a balanced skilled based fighter with a brand new story. Though if I had to chose, I would want Burst Limit 2 or a Sparking HD collection.
Retired from forum discussion, except for video games.

Jord
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Jord » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 am

ringworm128 wrote:I actually don't want a 2013 DBZ game. I would rather them get rid of the Call of Duty formula of releasing the games and actually take the time to make a balanced skilled based fighter with a brand new story. Though if I had to chose, I would want Burst Limit 2 or a Sparking HD collection.
Actually, the Call of Duty formula would be great.
The CoD games are made by two different studios and each studio releases a game once in two years. The DBZ games could follow this example except that the products should differ more. One year a Spike game, next year a Dimps game. Could work and keep the games more fresh.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

mysticboy
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:53 am

Jord wrote:Actually, the Call of Duty formula would be great.
The CoD games are made by two different studios and each studio releases a game once in two years. The DBZ games could follow this example except that the products should differ more. One year a Spike game, next year a Dimps game. Could work and keep the games more fresh.
Yep. Plus Spike and Dimps could compete with each other and bring their A-game with each title.

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Dimps jumped back to Street Fighter.. (maybe they were really too good for DBZ)
Doubt there will be any Dimps games next decade....

Well they should rework Ultimate Blast
seeing the news around the promoting "heroes" nowdays.

Making a better melee range fighting game,
and better blast range dashes and ways to escape...

The chains were good, but if they had Dragon Rush style on imputing
there would be more challenge into it. And more escapes.

More characters.. more customization....
I guess thats all we really need now.
Keeping the world map for sure.
They tend to remove the world map once they start getting good at the engine.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:57 am

I want a good fighter game on the 3DS. Something so fun that it'll make up for the West never getting Ultimate Butoden. Heck, how 'bout just a sequel to UB, with more movie and GT characters tossed in, or something.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader

We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.

A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rukura
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Tag Vs 2 on the PSP. No joke. More Specials, Movies, GT and Heroes material and less of the 2v2. I recently discovered how fun it is as just a 10-20min time waster.

Also, still hoping for a "Dragon Ball: Budokai Heroes" or just a port of Zenkai Battle Royal. And Ultimate Butoden.
Xyex wrote:I'm actually kind of surprised the game companies haven't already tried putting the old DB/Z NES and SNES games on the VC. It seems like a no brainer, and a quick way for them to rake in a good deal of cash fast. Especially if they translate and release them outside of the countries that got them originally.
I'd love to get those, but....Yamamoto did compose the music for all (or, at least, most) of them, right?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I think Tag Vs 2 will likely happen on the Vita. With the touch screen, you can switch any character with you which can be fun. I support the idea of Budokai Heroes but that type of game might not even released in the US if it does happen.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

Rukura
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think Tag Vs 2 will likely happen on the Vita. With the touch screen, you can switch any character with you which can be fun. I support the idea of Budokai Heroes but that type of game might not even released in the US if it does happen.
I just don't wanna buy a Vita yet :lol:
Well, it would just be a new Budokai game...only with a crap-tone of characters :wink:
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm

All I want is a nice fighting game.

If Spike makes it they should just give us a complete roster, bring back and enhance the CaC, BT3 level combat depth if not a bit more, varied planet destruction and more costumes.

If Dimps or any other company develops it witch I doubt. I'll be happy with a slightly bigger Infinite World roster, in game battle damage, and the rest I already said above even though B3 and IW had varied planet destruction.

What I mean by planet destruction I mean similar to B3 just better, UT had variety but it all still felt really bland.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think Tag Vs 2 will likely happen on the Vita. With the touch screen, you can switch any character with you which can be fun. I support the idea of Budokai Heroes but that type of game might not even released in the US if it does happen.
Would one game be enough for a super duper hardcore fan to make PS Vita worth the purchase? Unless he/she really wanted the game badly possibly, if the contrary, then likely not.

When I plan on buying a game console, I make a wishlist of the games to buy for it.

One console just for one game just isn't worth it, and right now PS Vita still has insufficient games to make it a good portable gaming console. It'll eventually have, just gotta give it time.

Though, I'd still prefer 3DS since it has more quality games to choose from and Nintendo exclusives. Not a big fan of LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Uncharted or whatever (I played all three on my PS3 Slim). PS Vita having a superior hardware over 3DS really doesn't matter for me, since I play it for the games, not for the graphics.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:45 pm

The PSP is dead seeing that they are pretty much done making major games for it. It would make sense for them to do a Vs Tag 2 on the Vita.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:10 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Would one game be enough for a super duper hardcore fan to make PS Vita worth the purchase? Unless he/she really wanted the game badly possibly, if the contrary, then likely not.

When I plan on buying a game console, I make a wishlist of the games to buy for it.

One console just for one game just isn't worth it, and right now PS Vita still has insufficient games to make it a good portable gaming console. It'll eventually have, just gotta give it time.

Though, I'd still prefer 3DS since it has more quality games to choose from and Nintendo exclusives. Not a big fan of LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Uncharted or whatever (I played all three on my PS3 Slim). PS Vita having a superior hardware over 3DS really doesn't matter for me, since I play it for the games, not for the graphics.
Well, how do make an insufficient handheld good? Make sufficient games for it. The PS3 was a laughing stock in the beginning of this console race, now its redeemed itself with a supported library of games. The same can happen with the Vita.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Taku128
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:The PSP is dead seeing that they are pretty much done making major games for it. It would make sense for them to do a Vs Tag 2 on the Vita.
No it doesn't. It doesn't make sense for almost anyone to make Vita games right now. The Vita has sold 2.2 million units worldwide since it launched in various territories in late 2011/early 2012, which is downright terrible. On top of that, Dragon Ball games have sold like shit for the last several years, so it makes absolutely no sense to take the game franchise that's struggled on the popular platforms and put it on the worst selling platform currently on the market. With a desperate user-base like the Vita's you could stand to make a killing if you release a killer-app exclusively for the platform, but you have to make a game people actually want, and a Dragon Ball Z game isn't that. They would probably make more money making it for the PSP and only releasing it in Japan than they would a worldwide Vita release.
­

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 am

Taku128 wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:
Taku128 wrote:A 3D beat-em-up by Platinum Games, because it would be the first legitimately good Dragon Ball Z video game.
Opinion.
Thanks for pointing this out, I'd spent my entire life thinking every qualitative statement I've ever made was fact.
Never mind him, that is the way dbboxkaifan is.

As for Dragonball games... It's about damn time the franchise gets restarted and I want a deep beat-up-um/platform game for all of db, z, gt. Will it happen? Not very likely.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:The PSP is dead seeing that they are pretty much done making major games for it. It would make sense for them to do a Vs Tag 2 on the Vita.
Namco Bandai doesn't agree. All of these have yet to launch:

Digimon Adventure RPG (PSP)
God Eater 2 (PSP/Vita)
One Piece: Romance Dawn (PSP)
Saint Seiya Omega: Ultimate Cosmo (PSP)

Those are just the four I bothered to find trailers for. Namco Bandai's releasing a tonne of Summon Knight, AKB48 and other anime games on PSP alongside their recent releases like Gundam AGE, and Toriko Gourmet Survival 2.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Namco Bandai doesn't agree. All of these have yet to launch:

God Eater 2 (PSP/Vita)

Those are just the four I bothered to find trailers for. Namco Bandai's releasing a tonne of Summon Knight, AKB48 and other anime games on PSP alongside their recent releases like Gundam AGE, and Toriko Gourmet Survival 2.
This is awesome, I dunno why Namco Bandai took so long to come up with these games but I'm glad PSP is getting them, and hopefully they'll be available in Europe (I'd buy Digimon Adventure RPG, Saint Seiya Ultimate Cosmo and possibly One Piece Romance Dawn if I liked it).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:
Namco Bandai doesn't agree. All of these have yet to launch:

God Eater 2 (PSP/Vita)
Those games don't seem to be released in the US. I remember Sony saying last year that they where going to discounted the PSP after the Vita.