"J-Stars Victory VS+" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

"J-Stars Victory VS+" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 am

Formerly known as Project Versus J.

Super big third scan that confirms platforms: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1686 ... jscan2.jpg
Last edited by Super Sayian Prime on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Project Versus J (JUMP crossover game) announced

Post by mysticboy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 am

:shock: This might be my sequel to BSD. :cry:

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:35 am

I'd love for this to be for PS3 but something's telling me it's going to be for the 3DS or Vita (maybe even for the Wii U).

Let's just hope it uses characters that are licensed by Viz and Funimation, then we just might see an overseas release, if not I don't really see it happening tbh.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am

This seems pretty cool and looks like it could be a fun game. I think it's very unlikely that the game will be release here in the US.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 am

Sin wrote:I'd love for this to be for PS3 but something's telling me it's going to be for the 3DS or Vita (maybe even for the Wii U).

Let's just hope it uses characters that are licensed by Viz and Funimation, then we just might see an overseas release, if not I don't really see it happening tbh.
So, One Piece, Dragon Ball and Toriko, and maybe stuff like Bleach or Naruto will be announced as well... There actually is a small chance that this could work, although if Bleach is included, I think Sony owns the US rights to publish the Bleach games :/

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 pm

songohan619 wrote:
Sin wrote:I'd love for this to be for PS3 but something's telling me it's going to be for the 3DS or Vita (maybe even for the Wii U).

So, One Piece, Dragon Ball and Toriko, and maybe stuff like Bleach or Naruto will be announced as well... There actually is a small chance that this could work, although if Bleach is included, I think Sony owns the US rights to publish the Bleach games :/
Bleach's video game publishing rights are a bit complicated. SEGA has it for Nintendo platforms worldwide. Sony owns the publishing rights to Bleach games on PlayStation hardware in Japan only. Until last year's Bleach: Soul Resurrección none of the PlayStation titles were released outside of Japan. NIS America picked up publishing duties and released it in North America, and Europe.

Naruto used to be in a similar situation where Namco Bandai owned the PlayStation rights, Takara Tomy the Nintendo rights, and Ubisoft the Xbox rights but now it appears Namco Bandai has the publishing license for all platforms.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 pm

How do you even announce a game without a platform it's going to be released on?

Would be fun if it was the Wii U.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:26 pm

A higher quality scan has been found. Mike read it and said that users are encouraged to submit their dream roster to the development team. A similar tact was used for JUMP Ultimate Stars. Winners could receive a Wii U premium set, a 3DS XL, or a Sony Walkman. Mike seems to think that the contest prizes are a hint towards the platforms for the game. I remain unconvinced as the publisher for this title is Namco Bandai, and there's no reason for them to publish a Nintendo exclusive game when the previous JUMP crossover games (which were Nintendo exclusive) were published by Nintendo themselves.
Nightstar1994 wrote:How do you even announce a game without a platform it's going to be released on?

Would be fun if it was the Wii U.
Actually, announcing a game without saying the platform is a very common thing for both Namco Bandai, and Japan. :lol: I believe they did that with God Eater 2 (PSP/Vita), and .hack//Versus (PS3).

As for personal platform preferences, I'd much rather it be on anything other than Nintendo's hardware or else I'm never going to get a chance to play it due to region locking.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: Actually, announcing a game without saying the platform is a very common thing for both Namco Bandai, and Japan. :lol: I believe they did that with God Eater 2 (PSP/Vita), and .hack//Versus (PS3).

As for personal platform preferences, I'd much rather it be on anything other than Nintendo's hardware or else I'm never going to get a chance to play it due to region locking.
That's strange. Everyone would rather want to know what the game will be released on, just to make sure if they own the console and all. I wonder how long it will take until they will reveal more details.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:51 pm

I want to make it clear that we were NOT suggesting that the prizes suggested the platform(s) -- rather the opposite, that we shouldn't pull any conclusions from that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Sweet. Will it foll D.O.N /B.O.N.D., or Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Battle Stadium D.O.T?

I liked Battle Stadium D.O.N more since it had Classic Naruto in it. Not sure I'll be tempted to pick this up if it's released for 360/PS3.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Possibly interested, if it is going to be on a system that's not region locked...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Oh look, a Dragon Ball related game I'm interested in. Release this and Zenkai Battle Royale in the same year and I'll be happy.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:If we are basing it off those character models, it appears to be an HD platform.
So it eliminates Nintendo 3DS and Sony PSV. Neither are in HD.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:If we are basing it off those character models, it appears to be an HD platform.
So it eliminates Nintendo 3DS and Sony PSV. Neither are in HD.
I was referring to HD consoles in terms of a raw ballpark of power. PSV is certainly in the running if you go off of those renders. Press shots are always cleaner than the actual game, haha.

But for all we know those renders could not be representative of the actual game. So watch it be a 2D card game for GREE mobile platforms. :lol:

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm getting a Raging Blast vibe from the Goku model...
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanos wrote:I'm getting a Raging Blast vibe from the Goku model...
How?

That kind of plasticky Goku looks to be from Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:That kind of plasticky Goku looks to be from Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale.
...which uses the Raging Blast models, though the texture is definitely not from any of the games that use them.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 am

I kind of got a Raging Blast vibe from the Goku's character model. If I had to guess I'd say PS3/360/Wii-U[I originally put Vita :lol:]. Though I wonder, now that Nintendo has a HD capable console do you think Namco Bandai might go with just Sony/Nintendo like they did last gen? All in all, if I had to guess I'd assume it would be on consoles before I'd guess handheld; which kind of sucks because I don't think this game would ever make it state side.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?