"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 am

Looks pretty good so far, no more models with the big ass noses. Hopefully GAMEPLAY will be good.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Zeymah

Post by Zeymah » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 am

Big Momma wrote:
pandamix wrote:Come on, we want a trailer with gameplay! :D
I feel like we may get that when(if) that website updates Friday with this game. 8)
That's exactly what I think as well. A 40 seconds trailer (out of which 15 seconds will be wasted on showing Namco Bandai's and developer's banners) with More at Japan Expo 2013 at the end.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 am

I know this may not mean anything, but the scans seem to suggest a new story or at the very least a what-if.

Zeymah

Post by Zeymah » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:26 am

mysticboy wrote:I know this may not mean anything, but the scans seem to suggest a new story or at the very least a what-if.
What part of the scans make you think that there will be what-if stories?

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:33 am

Zeymah wrote:
mysticboy wrote:I know this may not mean anything, but the scans seem to suggest a new story or at the very least a what-if.
Piccolo helping out with Oozaru Vegeta, Goku facing off against Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, and a saibaman all at once, and Krillin actually fighting Raditz. Again, as I said, may not mean anything, but I thought I should point it out.

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 am

PS3 and 360? Seriously!?! Should be for PS4 and Xbox One, Namco loves to doom themselves every time... argh!!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 am

They're dooming themselves by developing for systems that have an install base in the multiple of millions instead of for systems that have not yet launched?

Does no-one remember how there were still DBZ games on the Famicom after the Super Famicom launched? For the Game Boy Color after the GBA launched? For the GBA after the DS launched? For the PS2 after the PS3 launched?

DBZ games are not system-sellers, and they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by developing for new consoles too early in their life cycles. History, folks. Learn it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zeymah

Post by Zeymah » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 am

mysticboy wrote:
Zeymah wrote:
Piccolo helping out with Oozaru Vegeta, Goku facing off against Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, and a saibaman all at once, and Krillin actually fighting Raditz. Again, as I said, may not mean anything, but I thought I should point it out.
Right, it could as well be just a regular VS mode.
SSJ6Goku wrote:PS3 and 360? Seriously!?! Should be for PS4 and Xbox One, Namco loves to doom themselves every time... argh!!!
What do you think is better for Namco, releasing a niche-fighting game for well established current-gen consoles or making it for platforms that no one even owns yet?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 am

Especially with the policies Xbone and PS4 are installing...

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 am

This is already a buy for me, it will be nice having more than 2 people on screen at once AND we already see some "what if" type scenarios with Goku facing Vegeta, Nappa, Saibamen, and Raditz at the same time.

pandamix
Not-So-Newbie

Post by pandamix » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Looks pretty good so far, no more models with the big ass noses. Hopefully GAMEPLAY will be good.
I dont understand what was wrong with the models of U. Tenkaichi / Raging Blast? In my opinio they are good..But these new ones are good too.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 am

The Raging Blast models were just more rounded out versions of the Tenkaichi models, and the Tenkaichi models are notorious for big ass noses and square as hands. Hands in RB/UT got better however but the noses still seemed longish. And hopefully cutscenes, are actual cutscenes and not bland animations running on the game engine. So sick of that, the 180 slide on ground turn arounds, the I'm chewing gum mouth flaps, and mouths randomly hanging open.... so bad. UT's boss battle cutscenes were the only ones I liked.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 am

It seems like they are using Treevax's idea.cel shading gives off the aroma. :D . Now i'm excited! :thumbup:
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 am

I was looking at the scans again and I noticed something...

Is this Super Saiyan God?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 am

yes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:22 am

Nice to see ssjg Goku, and happy it's for a system I already own. Still hoping for a new plotline, will wait and see.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:25 am

I guess Oozaru Vegeta won't be playable, since it's been stated that we will have an up to 4-player co-operating fight, so I guess that 4 players will have to co-operate to defeat a giant villain.

It also seems like they heard Treevax for the graphics & the boss fights.

And as for the rooster, we have so far:
  • Goku (base, Super Saiyan God)
    Vegeta: Scouter (base, Oozaru)
    Gohan: Kid
    Piccolo
    Kuririn
    Tenshinhan
    Raditz
    Nappa
    Saibaman
    Ginyu
    Reacoom
    Jheese
    Butta
    Gurd
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I guess Oozaru Vegeta won't be playable, since it's been stated that we will have an up to 4-player co-operating fight, so I guess that 4 players will have to co-operate to defeat a giant villain.

It also seems like they heard Treevax for the graphics & the boss fights.

And as for the rooster, we have so far:
  • Goku (base, Super Saiyan God)
    Vegeta: Scouter (base, Oozaru)
    Gohan: Kid
    Kuririn
    Piccolo
    Raditz
    Nappa
    Saibaman
    Ginyu
    Reacoom
    Jheese
    Butta
    Gurd
tien as well
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

redon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 am

Weekly Shonen Jump HQ scan.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 am

I hope Chaozu is in this game.

By the title name, it seems like there probably will be no GT and early DB. Battle of Z

edit:
That HD scan:
Neither Yamcha nor Chaozu are fighting any saiyajins/saibamen, hm.
Last edited by Jaetinh on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.