"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:14 pm

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Why is when the gamplay of a dragon ball game is bad it's praised, and when it's going in the right direction it's called crap? Pretty much everything from Tenkacihi-U-Tenkaichi has been absolutely horrible.
I will say this, this will be a dragon ball game I can at least play for more than a day regretting the purchase (every DB game to date has been gawd awful on consoles, not including the cool rpgs that were released)
I'm sorry but I can't even comprehend the logic behind this statement. The gameplay for BoZ looks awful. No seriously, this is BT1 bad. I've only seen ONE combo... ONE! No one has tried any variation. It's punch, punch, punch, and smash attack *opponent goes flying*(End combo). Until I see a basic cancel system implemented into the gameplay, I don't see how anyone can defend this gameplay. I'm all 4 a 4 player DBZ game, but not one like this. From what I can gather, this gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. Gameplay aside, this game doesn't allow in-game transformations or offline multiplayer. If you want this game, more power to you, I however am HIGHLY disappointed.
Source please?
I'll give you the quote:
"To play with other players, each must have its own console. The reason for this is that we want everyone to enjoy the best possible graphics in full screen. Through online mode you can form a team of up to four players or participate in Battle Warrior mode, in which up to eight players can battle. "
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Never mind. I thought he was saying there was no player vs cpu mode, only online. Theres no offline multiplayer but still a vs cpu mode.
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:20 pm

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:Never mind. I thought he was saying there was no player vs cpu mode, only online. Theres no offline multiplayer but still a vs cpu mode.
Is there? We have no confirmation of that. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed that too :roll:
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:22 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
GogetaSSJ2 wrote:Never mind. I thought he was saying there was no player vs cpu mode, only online. Theres no offline multiplayer but still a vs cpu mode.
Is there? We have no confirmation of that. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed that too :roll:
Who else knows what they will remove. They removed in game transformation. Did they ever say why they did that?

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Who else knows what they will remove. They removed in game transformation. Did they ever say why they did that?
They said 4 fighters offline in vs cpu mode and then 8 players only in online mode. They specifically said that.

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:27 pm

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:They said 4 fighters offline in vs cpu mode and then 8 players only in online mode. They specifically said that.
That might just be for story mode. That doesn't confirm a standard 1 v 1 player vs CPU mode.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 pm

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:
They said 4 fighters offline in vs cpu mode and then 8 players only in online mode. They specifically said that.
Okay....what did that have to do with what I said?

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
GogetaSSJ2 wrote:They said 4 fighters offline in vs cpu mode and then 8 players only in online mode. They specifically said that.
That might just be for story mode. That doesn't confirm a standard 1 v 1 player vs CPU mode.
Well this game is going to really suck if thats the case my friend.

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:30 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
GogetaSSJ2 wrote:
What did you say? I was only addressing what the mighty oozaru was saying.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 pm

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
GogetaSSJ2 wrote:
What did you say? I was only addressing what the mighty oozaru was saying.
You quoted me :lol: :lol: :lol: . I said did they explain why no in game transformations

dariend777

Post by dariend777 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:46 pm

did battle royal have only one combo ?
Last edited by dariend777 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I would rather have an inferiority complex and be pleasantly surprised, than have a superiority complex and be rudely awakened."
Vanna Bonta quotes

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:58 pm

I am actually excited again just curious about the pre-orders. I just wish the characters didn't look so bulky but I will take this for now.

Linkthoy

Post by Linkthoy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm definitely gonna pick it with a pre-order. It looks fun to me, and I'm never very good at in-depth fighter (as I suck at the Budokai series). So if the gameplay is kinda lacking, it's not that bad for me. Well, as long it's not as lacking as Ultimate Blast.

And I might as well include this here. Beerus and Whis' English VA's sound a little lackluster, but they fit the characters. They don't have quite the same impact as the Japanese VA's, but I'm glad they get a chance to get into character before they dub BoG.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:08 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/19/yo ... ttle-of-z/
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is different from other Dragon Ball fighting games. It’s a 4 vs. 4 fighting game, but not a battle royale like the arcade game Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale. Players always are in a team with four fighters, even in story mode where you get three AI controlled characters on your team. There are three story routes in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. You can go through the main DBZ story, play through the story from the perspective of the enemies, and a story with unusual scenarios like fighting all of Freeza’s four forms at once. You can one shot knockout other characters with ultimate attacks like Goku’s Spirit Bomb. This attack has players mash triangle to charge it then input a button prompts (triangle and square) to unleash it. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z does not have any transformations. If you play as Super Saiyan Goku you cannot go to Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3 or Super Saiyan God. You’re locked into whatever form you select when the battle starts. To balance the game, powered up characters get less slots to equip powerups.[

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:24 am

Silkman3003 wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/19/yo ... ttle-of-z/
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is different from other Dragon Ball fighting games. It’s a 4 vs. 4 fighting game, but not a battle royale like the arcade game Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale. Players always are in a team with four fighters, even in story mode where you get three AI controlled characters on your team. There are three story routes in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. You can go through the main DBZ story, play through the story from the perspective of the enemies, and a story with unusual scenarios like fighting all of Freeza’s four forms at once. You can one shot knockout other characters with ultimate attacks like Goku’s Spirit Bomb. This attack has players mash triangle to charge it then input a button prompts (triangle and square) to unleash it. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z does not have any transformations. If you play as Super Saiyan Goku you cannot go to Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3 or Super Saiyan God. You’re locked into whatever form you select when the battle starts. To balance the game, powered up characters get less slots to equip powerups.[
Now I'm almost completely disinterested in this game. This sealed my thoughts on not purchasing this game, but I may still check out some vids on it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ghEz5Xx6k

I feel hopeful Battle of Gods will come packaged with this game after watching the trailer and hearing FLOW's cover of Chala!!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:42 am

No in-game transformations is not OK, I'm not sure what they were thinking. Honestly combine BT1 and Super DBZ with Ssj God and Beers and you have BoZ.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:38 am

http://youtu.be/xM8wGzFFcgE

New gameplay video. This player actually looked to be better than some of the previous players we've seen. :D
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:19 am

That gameplay is a lot better! I'll still be buying the game myself, but I gotta admit I did expect more of it. :|

Nexic_Breaker_D

Post by Nexic_Breaker_D » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:48 am

New gameplay, it shows Piccolo and yamcha :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFoLdfz ... ata_player