"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 am

So what's the verdict...I may get the demo to find out...but my PS3 hardrive space is practically full from free games
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:27 am

dbzfan7 wrote:So what's the verdict...I may get the demo to find out...but my PS3 hardrive space is practically full from free games
Delete the ones you don't play often.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:29 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
SSJ6Goku wrote:gameplay was garbage. not many will buy this. namco bandai is done for.
From what I've played online. People buying this for online. Not the story or single player. Online is fun!
I agree here, I actually find online more fun than the single player story mode.
I wonder if limitations of the hardware and the "type" of combat system made it harder to incorporate depth into gameplay? The hardware is 8 years old at this point.

I'm starting to wonder if this game was just an tempt to see if we'd like this type of gameplay versus the standard since 2002?
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:10 am

I'll bet anything when you start to beat someone in it they'll quit out and you won't get the win. every dbz game I ever played allowed people to get away with that crap.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:25 am

samuraix123 wrote:I'll bet anything when you start to beat someone in it they'll quit out and you won't get the win. every dbz game I ever played allowed people to get away with that crap.
Looking at the stats on the multiplayer screen, there is a box with what I assume is your disconnect percentage or something. It's possible that those with higher rates of disconnection may be grouped with others who have high percentages as well. I dunno, it will be interesting to see.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:45 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:So what's the verdict...I may get the demo to find out...but my PS3 hardrive space is practically full from free games
Maybe...I wasn't looking forward to this...besides I just got Borderlands 2 and Shadow of the Colossus.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:52 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Maybe...I wasn't looking forward to this...besides I just got Borderlands 2 and Shadow of the Colossus.
It's only 1 gig. It shouldn't be too hard to free up that much.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:16 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: It's only 1 gig. It shouldn't be too hard to free up that much.
Well I may have room as I deleted a bunch of stuff earlier...but the load time is slow for a game that seems to have barely any depth.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:

Game of The Year Edition?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:10 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote: Game of The Year Edition?
I imagine he's talking about Playstation Plus. Both Borderlands 2 and Shadow of the Colossus are free right now.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:30 am

Downloading demo now! Power failure stopped the download overnight, so after work is Dragon Ball Z boz for me.
Btw, is the load times annoyingly long?and how is the european music and number of playable characters so far?
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:46 am

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Btw, is the load times annoyingly long?and how is the european music and number of playable characters so far?
The only instance that was annoying was waiting for them to match players. I wasn't really bothered by any of the other actual load times, so I'm not really sure they were overly long or anything.

English music is pretty much take it or leave it. Most of it seems to be recycled from previous games, so...

Goku, Piccolo, Gohan (Kid), Kuririn are playable. You can have Yamcha and Tenshinhan on your team during one of the story missions though, Haven't gone back to play that level to see if you can play with them after you defeat it though.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:26 am

In the demo, are there achievements/trophies that will carry over to main game if we decide to buy it?(I heard that achievements will be awarded in the demo)
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:19 am

I actually quite enjoyed the demo, it could do with more depth but you can still link your attacks with each characters unique moves rather well. I would definitely say it's a fun game to play especially the online. :)

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:01 pm

This probably goes without saying but this thread's gonna be become quite useful for those looking for custom colors for their characters: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=240

As far as the lack of combo depth (i.e. one combo per character), it totally felt like they were going for an arcade-style experience. Besides, it's not like you often have the luxury of performing multiple combos :lol: . I did find it interesting how you can choose to do the full combo and go for another...but it also leaves you open for someone else to come at you. While, if you link a Strike Impact to the combo, you can use the chase to teleport away from an enemy closing in on you.

Oh, and the Piccolo thing has totally been a non-issue in online battle. You'd need to have everyone constantly give him energy, which the other team will never allow anyway. It also doesn't do that much damage.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Dan Corson

Post by Dan Corson » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:15 pm

There are a handful of things about the demo that I genuinely enjoy, but they still aren't enough to get me past the atrocious character models. If they were to do some "classic skins DLC" and just import the models from Ultimate Blast, I might be persuaded to pick it up. Since that is highly unlikely, I'm sticking with my gut on the 'pass.' :?

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet and I apologise if it has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_QfWn40 ... e=youtu.be

Basically, some guy found the opening in the demo files and decrypted it... in super low quality. Still, it looks cool and I'm glad it uses 2D animation! :mrgreen:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:18 pm

BobZ wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted yet and I apologise if it has:

Basically, some guy found the opening in the demo files and decrypted it... in super low quality. Still, it looks cool and I'm glad it uses 2D animation! :mrgreen:
That's interesting. I'll copy my DBZ BOZ demo from the 360 to the PC and look up the files, hopefully I'll get better quality than that but nothing for sure as of right now.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Honestly. That intro seemed boring. I know there is no music due to copyrights. But still...

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:45 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:

Honestly. That intro seemed boring. I know there is no music due to copyrights. But still...
The music according to the comments was FLOW's version of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA with (fight) effects.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball