"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:26 am

Kaboom wrote:So long as A) it's not "Bills" and B) the "beer" pun is preserved, then I'm a happy camper. If "Beerus" will be the universal North American and/or general English-version name for him, then I can get used to using it.
What were you using before? Were you also a Beers user?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:35 am

Sorry for not reading through the entirely of the thread, but is it known at this point if any of that hyped up multiplayer in the trailer is local? I ask because I have low hopes for such, due to games becoming increasingly exclusively single player offline.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:43 am

It's been said for months that there is no local multiplayer.

Anyway, on another note. This month's V-Jump comes with a special code to download a V-Jump exclusive Battle of Z Demo.

It has nine playable characters:
Son Goku, Son Gohan (Child), Kuririn, Piccolo, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta, and Super Saiyan Trunks (Sword)

And access to two missions we didn't get:
The fight against Vegeta and his Oozaru form, and then the fight against #18 and Cell's second form.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's been said for months that there is no local multiplayer.
Well that's annoying. Thanks.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:31 am

Zephyr wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's been said for months that there is no local multiplayer.
I think there isn't even single player (minus story mode).
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:46 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Zephyr wrote:
I think there isn't even single player (minus story mode).
You mean if you want to make a Broly vs Whis battle you can't just go into 1P vs CPU, but you need to wait until someone online selects this character? This would be too lame.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:54 am

Nightstar1994 wrote:You mean if you want to make a Broly vs Whis battle you can't just go into 1P vs CPU, but you need to wait until someone online selects this character? This would be too lame.
If I understood correctly, yes...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Sting

Post by Sting » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:50 am

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:17 am

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet but it seems the character page has been completed, since the trailer does show Gotenks. http://dbzboz.bngames.net/character.html

Namco Bandai has been absolutely silent about Super Saiyan Bardock and Super Vegetto for quite a while now.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:21 am

Yeah, I'm actually a bit concerned about that. They should give more information on how pre-ordering the game would secure getting these characters as well...

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:07 pm

From what I've been able to check, it seems to be a Game UK exclusive (checked Game Spain, and they don't have it) and it's only for the UK, meaning that even if I pre-ordered it there I still wouldn't get it. Which leaves out....everyone else. Which is very strange. Dunno what's Namco Bandai's deal. http://www.game.co.uk/en/dragon-ball-z- ... e%20of%20z

On a side note, I'm gonna be out of town for xmas so I wanna play as much as I can this weekend. Anyone on the PS3 side of things interested in gathering some folk from here in a few battles? I know Timo should be up for it when he gets back online so that's two of us right there :P
EDIT: Or should a separate thread for this kinda stuff be opened?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Rukura wrote:From what I've been able to check, it seems to be a Game UK exclusive (checked Game Spain, and they don't have it) and it's only for the UK, meaning that even if I pre-ordered it there I still wouldn't get it. Which leaves out....everyone else. Which is very strange. Dunno what's Namco Bandai's deal. http://www.game.co.uk/en/dragon-ball-z- ... e%20of%20z
That kinda blows. Why make it UK exclusive?

I guess if the characters would be made available for purchase as DLC later on, that would be... not okay, but better.

However, if they make them only pre-order exclusives for the UK, that would not make much sense...

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:51 pm

The main thing I'm curious to see is Whis' move set and all the different "One Hit Kill" moves as I'm sure the Spirit Bomb is the only one... I hope.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:59 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:The main thing I'm curious to see is Whis' move set and all the different "One Hit Kill" moves as I'm sure the Spirit Bomb is the only one... I hope.
I think Beerus/Birsu might get a one hit kill.

Dragonball Z Battle of Z Demo - Spirit Bomb Gameplay! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxotxf2guzI
Published on Dec 21, 2013
Please "share" this video
The first ever video of the Spirit Bomb!
We'd like to thank each and every player of the Battle of Z demo! We can assure you your energy never went to waste!

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 am

Do you still HAVE to preorder to get SSj Bardock, or can you just unlock him???

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:02 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Nightstar1994 wrote:You mean if you want to make a Broly vs Whis battle you can't just go into 1P vs CPU, but you need to wait until someone online selects this character? This would be too lame.
If I understood correctly, yes...
And this is exactly why I'm not buying this game....
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 am

Anyway, on another note. This month's V-Jump comes with a special code to download a V-Jump exclusive Battle of Z Demo.

It has nine playable characters:
Son Goku, Son Gohan (Child), Kuririn, Piccolo, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta, and Super Saiyan Trunks (Sword)

And access to two missions we didn't get:
The fight against Vegeta and his Oozaru form, and then the fight against #18 and Cell's second form.
I hope that code will be leaked online :o

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:49 am

It's probably a unique, one-time use code in each issue of the magazine, so any you find are bound to have been used already.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:04 am

Still waiting for someone to go "hurrrrr durrrrr it's Bills not Beerus."

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:25 am

ringworm128 wrote:Still waiting for someone to go "hurrrrr durrrrr it's Bills not Beerus."
Idiots on the left, dumbasses on the right.

Put them together and what do you get? Bippidi Poppity Youtube!
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]