"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by BobZ » Sun May 25, 2014 10:26 am

Wow, it's been some time since the game came out.

I finally learned to enjoy it since getting it on my Vita dirt cheap from one of my local retailers (since nobody was buying it basically). I even lucked out and got the Sage Mode Goku Costume. :D

I bought Vegetto and SSJ Bardock too. Glad they were available in the PSN Store.

I gotta admit, when the game first came out I was not very interested in it, so I pirated it on my Xbox just to try it and decide if I should get it for my Vita. After playing about 20 missions, I kind of got bored and abandoned it.

Earlier this month, I decided to get it on a whim for my Vita since as I mentioned above it was super cheap and ever since I've been playing it on my handheld, I haven't put it down basically! Online play has proven to be pretty enjoyable too (when it doesn't lag much)!

Once you get used to the game mechanics and character classes, the game does offer some depth with its simplicity as well!

In conclusion, I'd like to say that Battle of Z is a decent game in my book and I'm glad I got it for my Vita! :)

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue May 27, 2014 11:28 pm

I feel like I'm the only person that wants to see a sequel for this exclusively for the Vita. I see a big potential in the battle type system and how it needs to be better by just doing a lvl. up. system. For example, Goku's default Kaioken attack is just a punch, the lvl. 2 version would be the additional attack, and the MAX level/lvl.3 version would have the player charge for a long time and then Goku dashes quickly across the screen and gives a big punch.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 28, 2014 12:40 pm

EXBadguy wrote:I feel like I'm the only person that wants to see a sequel for this exclusively for the Vita.
No matter how you want it, it's a mere dream now.
Blame Sony.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:02 am

This week on UK's Xbox LIVE Gold Deals they have Battle of Z for £22.49 (from £44.99) which while isn't much of a save someone might purchase, plus there's other games for only £3/£5 (B:AA, B:AC, MvC:O) which are definitely worth it!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Promo ... -with-gold

Wish I still was a Gold member to grab Marvel Vs. Capcom: Origins but considering I hardly played online there wasn't really much use, although it was nice to have gotten Sleeping Dogs for free.
EXBadguy wrote:I feel like I'm the only person that wants to see a sequel for this exclusively for the Vita.
The Vita comes down to Indie and RPG games, so whoever picks up a Vita has to fully realise the games he/she'll be playing aren't the traditional you'd get on other systems though the Vita has some of them.

"Battle of Z 2" will probably never happened but if Dimps & Artdink worked together the game could be far superior to the original.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:58 pm

WOAH! :shock:
People still post here?!
Thought everyone finally realized this game was s***... :eh:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:17 pm

hulkty wrote:WOAH! :shock:
People still post here?!
Thought everyone finally realized this game was s***... :eh:
This isn't a particularly post-worthy comment. If you've already made your feelings on the game clear, then there's no real reason to bash it while others are engaged in an otherwise normal conversation about it.

That being said, there have not actually been made posts lately, so I'm not sure what your own contribution actually means.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Yes people still play this game (because the servers are still online) and I've checked recently on 360/PS3 they haven't fixed the 999 hack on the game. :?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Just played it again today for the first time in months. It is still pretty fun despite its flaws.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:11 pm

I honestly thought this has been one of the better DBZ games made and think about revisiting it often. I only stopped playing because I became busy with other games and normal life stuff.

Shame that most people couldn't take the time to understand it.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:26 pm

I had fun with it. I did everything there was to do in the game, then I moved on to other games.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:58 pm

I liked what I experienced in the month I owned it, but when my friends abandoned the game... I too ended up selling my copy to get some newer games. I don't regret the purchase, it definitely strengthened my bonds with some friends
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:04 am

I only play this when I travel every now and then. I sold my PS3 version back and used that money to get the Vita version, which IMO moves smoother.

dbboxkaifan wrote:
The Vita comes down to Indie and RPG games, so whoever picks up a Vita has to fully realise the games he/she'll be playing aren't the traditional you'd get on other systems though the Vita has some of them.

"Battle of Z 2" will probably never happened but if Dimps & Artdink worked together the game could be far superior to the original.
Then they should make an RPG or a Sagas-like action-adventure game for the Vita. I don't care what anyone says, I think Artdink deserves a second chance to redeem themselves, JUST like NB gave Dimps another chance by making Xenoverse. Spike had TOO many chances.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 pm

EXBadguy wrote:I only play this when I travel every now and then. I sold my PS3 version back and used that money to get the Vita version, which IMO moves smoother.

dbboxkaifan wrote:

Then they should make an RPG or a Sagas-like action-adventure game for the Vita. I don't care what anyone says, I think Artdink deserves a second chance to redeem themselves, JUST like NB gave Dimps another chance by making Xenoverse. Spike had TOO many chances.
But Dimps is a better Developer and fans have been requesting Dimps since Spike took over.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:41 pm

What is the maximum price worth paying for this game, just out of interest?

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Weejus wrote:What is the maximum price worth paying for this game, just out of interest?
Around $20-25.