"Sparking!" - Official "I Have It" Topic

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:49 pm

Someone on this very forum mentioned that you could only see the alternate costume when someone else chooses the same character. I'm not sure who, though..

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:59 pm

SuperFusion wrote:Someone on this very forum mentioned that you could only see the alternate costume when someone else chooses the same character. I'm not sure who, though..
Ya, it's odd they didn't include an option to pick the alternate colors from what I've heard. Is it possible to play as the second player against the COM in Duel mode? That might be the only way to get them for yourself... Wont know myself until I actually have the game though...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:24 am

Well, this was a fair number of replies ago, but since I don't live here, it's kinda hard to keep up. :lol:
Anyway, thanks for the inputs on the loading time.

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:03 am

AAAAARGH!

Friday:
Get Budokai Tenkaichi and play through to Cooler/Brolly.
Wait for my friend to give me back the memory card.

Saturday:
Find out memory card is corrupt and wont recognise my BT saves.
Wipe everything on the card and play through AGAIN, go to my friends for half an hour and come back to find someone turned off the PS2 without saving.

Sunday:
Play through all the earlier Saiya-jin/Freeza saga battle gates for the 3RD TIME!

Am I ever going to finish this game?!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:34 am

Considering the number of people who have had corrupted BT save files I've got a theroy. The game's still saving even after it says it's finished. Maybe a second or two. It's the only thing that makes sense. Well, I'll just do like I do with most games I suppose. Back out to the menu before I shut if it off...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:29 pm

Picked up a copy on friday before going home and spent most of the weekend playing it. But now I'm back at Uni, I probably won't get a chance to play it again until either end of November or Christmas >_>

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:06 pm

Got it Friday when it finaly came out here in Iceland... I´m still stuck on Final from Freeza vs. Vegeta... If I was a little crazier by now I would´ve destroyed a garage full og PS2 controllers... I´m thinking about skipping to the Cell saga! :twisted:

About corrupted saves:
I haven´t experienced this but I usually take about 5 seconds to stand up, walk to the PS2 and then shut it off after saving... so if Xyex´s theory is right I shouldn´t be in much trouble.

The game:
The thing I LOVE about this one is the gameplay, for example to do a kamehameha with regular Goku all you have to do is "L2+Triangle" And you can be miles away from your opponent and still hit. Also they got rid of those ultimate moves it takes an hour to execute, Now all you have to do is have the ki fully charged, press "L2+Triangle+Down" and walla! A Genki dama is soaring at your opponent... considering that you´re Goku... But the game isn´t perfect. Some bulky characters are immune, in other words punches, kicks and regular ki balls have no effect... at all. No damage, no falling backwards, nothing. This can (and will) get very annoying for example when fighting Oozaru Vegeta in Battle gate.

I like the game but it´s not flawless. It´s a 8.5/10 (that´s VERY good) and I hope to finish it sometime soon. Enjoy.
Last edited by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:19 pm

Just got it! I have to say that my first impression of the game was that it was going to horible and I wasted a lot of money one it. But after I got used to the controls, I thought differently of the game.

Luckily, I have had no corrupted saves yet, and have found that the loading times are noticebly less than the other Budokai games (I'm not saying that Sparking is a Budokai game).

I'm stuck on Vegeta VS Kid Buu. Those survival matches are hard! I got a 100 something hits (only went up to 99 on screen though) when doing the pppx combo.

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:11 am

Well I haven't had any problem with saves yet, but I'll take more caution when turning the PS2 off after saves :)

I found a cheeky way to survive in matches, e.g. Goku vs. Oozaru Vegeta. You should only do this is if you're about to snap the disk though. Basically just fly up and use a finishing move on the opponent, they'll be knocked back which gives you time to charge up more Ki, at this point you can launch the same move to keep the opponent at bay! Thats for you VegettoEX if you're still having trouble.

Can anyone tell me how you unlock the various villains such as Cooler, Broli, Bojack and so on, so forth? I've got 100% completion on their sagas but I haven't unlocked them yet :( .

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:23 am

Fuse the purple potaras. If you want the specifics, go to GameFaqs.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:15 am

Finished it today, all the Battle Gates completed, just need to make a few more characters with Z Evolution. Wow, Budokai 3 felt like an eternity unlocking everything, there's simply took 3 days. At least there's still Ultimate Battle.

Do you win anything completing Tournament mode?
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:27 am

Dominator wrote:At least there's still Ultimate Battle.
If you haven't done Ultimate Battle yet, than you still have two purple Potaras to unlock, Miracle and Dragon Power. Fuse them and you get the yellow Potara, Master Skills.

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:05 am

I was redoing the Z Battle Gate on hard, and I've found a great way to win survival battles. I've noticed that all the CPU does is wait for an opening. The solution? Don't give him one. For a combo, you usually press P,P,P,P. Let's say the CPU blocks all of this. After the CPU blocks all four, he'll counter and eventually kill you in no time. But, if you press P...P...P...P, you don't leave yourself open! This forces the CPU to block, and gives him no chance to counter. I did this for a full 100 seconds, and fought the rest of the way through. I know it sounds cheap, but it's better than losing in 10 seconds. I say this; if the CPU wants to fight dirty, then hell, why shouldn't I?

Anyways, this might work for you guys, and it might not. I know how frustrating it gets, so I'm posting this to add to the growing list of ways to win. I hope it helps some people out.

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:42 pm

I also finished it today, well, all battle gates. I have yet to wish for various things and also to complete Ultimate Battle too. It also took me 3 days :P. Guess I shouldn't have played it so much. I'll be re- doing it on harder levels because the re-enactments are just so fun!

Thanks for that Hendrix, I worked it out after posting that.

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:08 pm

(T_T) Can anyone give me a tip on how to survive with super saiyan goku v.s. the mini buu? I keep dieing....
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:22 pm

I'm on the Kid Buu fights so far, I'm stuck on surving against him with the good Buu, it's only 90 seconds but it's quite difficult, Kid Buu can kill you in 3 attacks easily. I was lucky to beat him with Vegeta but with Satan I won easily because of a little mishappening that occured. I was fighting, and you know that big log in the middle of the Supreme Kai level that can't be destroyed? Well, Buu got trapped behind it and I was on the top of it continously attacking while he was blocking, despite I couldn't touch him, he stayed there for the whole match while I carried bashing the square button.An easy win.

And just to make sure it was my non hitting attacking that made Buu stay still I stopped attacking at about 3 seconds left and Buu stopped blocking and tried to attack me but it said Time up.

I would have liked it if you could go Super Saiyan durng the battles but I can live with that, at least the Japanese voices are in it.

Now, I'm going to play it.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:31 pm

I didn't realize the block button had been there until I came to the Good Buu VS Majin Buu. Tip: try to sidestep as much as possible (this is easier to do when he tries to push to back with a release of Ki), attack and him charge and attack, keep repeating this and avoid the Full Power Energy Blast and Super Kamehameha; you should be able to survive his punches but these two attacks will decimate you easily.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:37 pm

I was able to ride out most of the time by pressing P-P-P-P then hit triangle quickly to stun them, just keep repeating after that and if you get knocked back, press L2+triangle to stun them and then start over again.
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:42 pm

It's good when you take turns on it with your brother or a friend because you get a little break and do better on the next go, I find you get annoyed when you play alone and keep losing.

About the Mr. Satan glitch, that's the only fight I've cheated on, all the others have been fair 'n square victories. now I'm on Janemba and my brother just missed the special move, and lost. My turn.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:50 pm

About the Goku vs. Kid Buu, you can try but repeatedly stunning him, [], [], [], X but he can block that. You can also try side- stepping behind him and trying that technique, it works well for a good 70 seconds but he somehow manages to block with his back to you...

I eventually beat him by just holding the block button the whole way through, the only thing that can hurt you then is his finishing moves but even then, the damage caused isn't masses.