"Budokai 2" - Intro Progress

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Budokai 2" - Intro Progress

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:45 pm

I'm screwing around, today, after (finally) capturing the intro animation to Budokai 2. I captured it fine at 640x480, 29.97 fps. It appears to be a traditional animation sequence originally animated at 23.976 fps and telecined to 29.97 fps; the IVTC seemed to go flawlessly on it.

I'm currently encoding a test MPEG-1 at 23.976 fps with the audio to see if it all still syncs up and doesn't look jerky. If all goes well... then... I guess I'll keep the encode, tack on some credits, and find a way to throw it up for everyone :P.

I'll also do a section of screen shots from it, probably... oohh... aahhh...

And yeah. Made a "Video Games" forum. I hope the forum isn't getting too crowded with sections, but I honestly think they're all useful and will be PUT to use, in time ^^.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:55 pm

Well, I'd say the IVTCed 23.976 MPEG-1 looks pretty nice! I'm running another MPEG that's simply a deinterlaced encode from the original 29.97 fps capture, just to compare the two. I'd like to go with the IVTCed one, because 23.976 fps is less than 29.97 fps, which means less frames, which means a smaller filesize :P.

Christ. It's 1 pm. Forget this. I'm showering.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:58 pm

I have yet to see the intro to Bodukai 2 so I will be looking forward to seeing it.

I showered already but I just went running.. need to shower again.
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:54 pm

Decided to re-do my encode. After taking 90 screen caps from the opening, I decided that it severely needed to be sharpened (the animation is soft enough as it was, and I captured it rather than ripping it... so... whatever).

Ran it through VirtualDub, again, with sharpening @ 20, and it looks fantastically better. Re-doing an MPEG-1 encode. Still have no idea where to upload it when it's done, though.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:11 am

I guess you could open a dedicated image gallery...if you don't mind paying through the teeth...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:06 am

Putting up images is no problem; I just throw them up on my school space with the rest of the web pages. Actual media can be a problem, though. Since school is on, again, my friend in Ohio should have his computer up and running with all my AMVs on it, which means I can at least have until May for some bandwidth ^^.

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:09 am

Yeah bandwidth for media is always a burden that us as webmasters must deal with. I wish I could find a good media host.. and one that I don't have to pay for.. O_O

Not very many of those lying around. It can get too expensive and I don't have the money to pay for it all. *cries*
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:23 pm

Sweet pictures from Budokai 2, good thing I told you about Gokule's two forms :lol: His first form (with the afro) is kinda funny...the square jawed Goku is just plain wrong :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:56 pm

Sweet pictures from Budokai 2, good thing I told you about Gokule's two forms His first form (with the afro) is kinda funny...the square jawed Goku is just plain wrong
Change the colour of his skin+hair and the clothes to Kaioshin's, and the square jawed Gokule looks like a duplicate of the Southern Kaioshin. :shock:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.