Is the yearly game release permamently moved to January now?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

90sDBZ
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Is the yearly game release permamently moved to January now?

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:48 am

With Battle of Z getting pushed back to January do you think this will be the end of DBZ games getting released in the October-December period each year? It's been done for so long now that it feels like a yearly tradition. One that I'll actually miss if this really is the end of it. I didn't bother getting Ultimate Tenkaichi but I did get the Budokai Collection last year. I guess it would be fitting to end the tradition with that game seeing as it was a remake of the one that started it all(Budokai 1) and the best ever(Budokai 3). Maybe now we'll get a decade of DBZ games coming out in January although it won't be the same not getting them for Christmas.

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Re: Is the yearly game release permamently moved to January

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:37 pm

I think they might do a game once every two years instead, but we don't know for sure. If the game bombs then this might be our last DBZ game on the console for a while and DBZ games might be on handle systems like the 3DS or Vita.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

Taku128
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:41 am

Namco Bandai probably realized their low effort DBZ games can't compete with the kind of AAA budget titles that come out around the Christmas season. January is pretty dead so people are a lot more likely to spend their gaming dollars on DBZ then.
­

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Taku128 wrote:Namco Bandai probably realized their low effort DBZ games can't compete with the kind of AAA budget titles that come out around the Christmas season. January is pretty dead so people are a lot more likely to spend their gaming money on DBZ then.
This year the line-up of xmas games isn't that solid although there's definitely a couple worth picking up.

Pokémon X & Y (3DS)
Sonic: Lost World (3DS / Wii U)
One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One)
Forza 5 (Xbox One)
inFamous: Second Son (PS4)
Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers (PS3)

It'll be a compeititive market this Christmas with all these superb games, that's for sure.

If Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z were worth purchasing then people would do so regardless what other games are coming/out. I'll make my decision once I play the demo next month.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray