DBZ Tenkaichi 3 PAL version is now.. rare?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

DBZ Tenkaichi 3 PAL version is now.. rare?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm

I've seen DBZ:T3 on eBay being sold for £20+ and exactly why is that?

It's true that the game's now out of print but that's not a good reason due to the game sold extremely well and is praised as one of the best (I disagree), so can someone clear this up for me?

Here's an example of it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dragon-Ball-Z ... 23335f7640

Thankfully I own both versions so I don't need to go hunt the game and pay unreasonable prices for it.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Raykugen
Regular

Re: DBZ Tenkaichi 3 PAL version is now.. rare?

Post by Raykugen » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:15 pm

I sell a pal version with spanish cover and booklet with a good price if anyone is interested XD
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:52 am

They stop producing new PS2 games years ago, so they did go out of print. I would imagine the same for the Wii version as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:They stop producing new PS2 games years ago, so they did go out of print. I would imagine the same for the Wii version as well.
Yes this is true. I remember attempting to buy the Wii version (though I do already have it on PS2) and the price was around 50-60 online. Though I did find some local sellers that were selling it for around 30.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Any copy of BT3 sells for around $40 now (if complete). Especially if you have a brand new sealed one, that sells for retail price, have even seen some go for $70 lately.

Another PS2 DBZ game that sells good is Greatest Hits Budokai 3 if in decent shape and complete (have never seen one in a Gamestop or Gamecrazy), also considering there are slight differences between both versions so that's another factor.

Apparently the black label (with bonus disc) BT3 is even more rare. I see those selling higher. Do collectors really care about that? Check those out on ebay.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:42 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Any copy of BT3 sells for around $40 now (if complete). Especially if you have a brand new sealed one, that sells for retail price, have even seen some go for $70 lately.

Another PS2 DBZ game that sells good is Greatest Hits Budokai 3 if in decent shape and complete (have never seen one in a Gamestop or Gamecrazy), also considering there are slight differences between both versions so that's another factor.

Apparently the black label (with bonus disc) BT3 is even more rare. I see those selling higher. Do collectors really care about that? Check those out on ebay.
I personally buy games and stuff, of which must always have their original covers because I can't stand the Essentials/Platinum/Classics they just look cheap and with lower value than the original (despite that they may have updated software included).

For example I bought Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 CE over Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Platinum, while they have the exact content on the disc what differs is the packaging.

Here's a pic I found which is the one I own:

FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray