Budokai 3: Your best character?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Budokai 3: Your best character?

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:47 pm

Since I don't have Tenkaichi yet, and a majority of the people here on Daizex have B3, so I thought I'd see what character you have the most skill with on Budokai 3! My strongest character would have to be Uub, because I've created a strategy that lets me play his size and speed to my advantage.

I also use him, 'cause he's not a very popular or widely-used character. Too bad he's not in Tenkaichi. :( I guess I'll just have to kick everyone's asses with Guldo. :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:51 pm

I found that later on in my playing of the game (being the second time through in Japanese), I was enjoying playing as Uub a whole lot, myself. I really dig his range; it's pretty different than a lot of the other characters.

All in all, though, I seem to prefer Goku. I like his elbow (dashing in with a punch), especially compared to some of the comparative attacks of other characters (Vegeta's, for example, is far too slow and awkward). I guess I'm just a sucker for the "main, balanced character" kinda stereotype... but he works well for what I want him to do.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

[insert_name_here]

Post by [insert_name_here] » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:30 pm

Teen Gohan is my best bet. I always used meditation with him, so most of the time my battles went with me behind the opponent all the time. His square back is really useful in linking Kamehameha, also. Next to Teen Gohan I use Kid Goku. I used the really cheap Janken Punch combo then dashing in to use a link to get to Kamehameha.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:33 pm

My best characters would be Kid Buu and Goku. Buu starts with almost full ki and plus he is small, easy to use to force cheap ring-outs. :P Such high base ki allows him to use several death moves at once. Kamehameha and Vanishing Ball worked really well and his ultimate attack Warp Kamehameha is very impressive. The only downer with him is that he can't transform to break other players' guards.

As for Goku, he has the most transformations in the game. He can already transform at the beginning of the battle and can transform again and again with a new filled ki bar. This makes him able to improve his stats throughout the battle and plus break some guards along the way.

However, the one character that could kick their butts is Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, but fusion characters don't count, so I'm not gonna say anything about him.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:13 pm

I'm just a sucker for the "main, balanced character" kinda stereotype... but he works well for what I want him to do.
You should see me play Mario Party or Mario Kart...I'm always Mario. :P

I think it's funny that Vegeta is supposed to be a balanced character like Son, but if you put them up against one another (Com vs. Com, Very Strong opponent level) Vegeta usually beats the hell out of Goku. :lol:

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:08 pm

My best character by far is definately Goku. With a Lv 99 Goku + breakthrough capsule, even Z3 mode is a pushover. I like to make good use of teleporting and 'pinballing', so a max Ki stat is perfect for me.

Ultimately, there's not a lot of difference in the characters in terms of how they play. I guess I went for Goku because he's the main character, and he looks uber-cool in SSJ 4. I also enjoy using long haired Trunks, Piccolo and Cooler.

This is my first post BTW, so hi there!

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:13 pm

I'm yet to unlock all the characters (actually, I think I only have a few more to go; Mr. Satan, Videl, SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron). I like Mr. Buu's combos, along with Teen Gohan. That's pretty much all I've got to say about them.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:54 pm

It's tough to say. I use tons of different characters, so I usually mix it up when I'm playing my friends.

My best all-around character seems to be Piccolo, strangely enough. Strange because I rarely use him. His combos are great for catching people off-guard, and "Light Grenade" is a damn good move considering how little Ki it takes to use.

Other than that, I like Kaioshin, Second Form Freeza, and.. well.. Raditz. I use some good capsule setups for the latter two, while Kaioshin is just fun to use because of his teleportation sidestep, and the fact that Kibitoshin grants you the biggest power boost of any transformation / fusion in the game. :)

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:02 pm

After I unlocked Omega Shenron, I used him for everything. His essentially limitless energy supply proved him an unstoppable warrior for the tournaments, but I soon found his slow speed to be too troublesome. Then, I turned to Uub, since he has 5/7 full bars and is much faster than Señor Dragon. That was fine, and I used him to complete my travels through the tournaments for money.

Problem was, Uub didn't have the attitude I needed. So, I end up using my two favorite characters now, Piccolo and Yamcha. Piccolo's reach and power are great, whereas Yamcha is just flat-out fun to play as.
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod

[insert_name_here]

Post by [insert_name_here] » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:47 pm

Goku seems to be a lot easier to use in Budokai 2. You can use a basic Kamehameha combo to use a Warp Kamehameha in that game.

Out of complete boredom I also learned a nice little Uub combo. It leads up to his secondary ki attack. It's almost a technique that insures ring-out in World Tournament.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:05 pm

Seeing as I don't have Budokai 3, would it count if I stated my favorite Budokai 2 character?

Mostly Vegeta. I love his speed attacks. The final move on his Big Bang Attack (where it charges) always catches my opponent off guard. He can easily transform at the beginning of the match, and if I use Angel's Halo, I don't have to worry much about the form's disadvantages.
Goku seems to be a lot easier to use in Budokai 2. You can use a basic Kamehameha combo to use a Warp Kamehameha in that game.
Eh? What is this combo specifically?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:40 pm

Vegeta's my best Budokai 3 character. His attacks are more varied and I find his controls easier than Goku's looser ones.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:50 am

Everyone plays generally the same, and thus I'm good with anybody. I prefered playing as Cell, Freeza, and Tien, though Piccolo was fun since his stretching limb attacks disturbed other players not so knowledgable of Dragonball lore. I could smack people around best as Goku and Vegeta. But I generally feel most satisfied with Vegeta.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:11 pm

Everyone plays generally the same, and thus I'm good with anybody. I prefered playing as Cell, Freeza, and Tenshinhan, though Piccolo was fun since his stretching limb attacks disturbed other players not so knowledgable of Dragonball lore. I could smack people around best as Goku and Vegeta. But I generally feel most satisfied with Vegeta.
I thought Piccolo's Mystic Attack was a great additon. Which villian do you guys like to use the most? I'd have to go with Radditz, because I've been able to pick him up and use him effectively since Budokai 1. Radditz is a very easy character to use, plus he's got great long-ranged attacks.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:14 pm

My best is (Future) Trunks. His sword style in the fighting is very good which of course helps extend attacks.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:28 pm

My best is (Future) Trunks. His sword style in the fighting is very good which of course helps extend attacks.
I actually prefer Kid Goku's Nyoibo to Mirai's sword my self. I mean with the Nyoibo you've got the chance to hit multiple times, then lead into a Dragon Rush if you're in Hyper Mode. I know you can hit with the sword multiple times as well, but I just think that the Nyoibo gives you a higher hit rate than the sword. (If I'm wrong here, plese correct me. :wink:)

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:13 pm

Well the Power Pole can attack from a distance which is a plus. However Kid Goku does have the disadvantage of not being able to fire Rapid Chi. Which I do a lot, so with Trunks I got the sword + Rapid Chi.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:28 pm

Well the Power Pole can attack from a distance which is a plus. However Kid Goku does have the disadvantage of not being able to fire Rapid Chi. Which I do a lot, so with Trunks I got the sword + Rapid Chi.
And the fact that Kid Goku can't go SSJ...Lazy bastards, give us a GT Kid Goku! :|

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:04 am

LOL, yeah that's anyther good thing about Trunks, more power through SSJ1 & 2, plus his attacks are stronger.

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:29 am

My kid Buu kicks dingdong! (although I haven´t trained him up to lvl. 99 yet)
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.