"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hulkty
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa

Post by hulkty » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:20 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Yamcha was decent in Burst Limit, I liked the way he fought. Burst Limit was one of those few games where characters didn't feel all the same. He had a "Wolf Fang" fighting style which I thought was cool.
Tien was the BEST in Burst Limit. *Biased*

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 pm

hulkty wrote:Tenshinhan was the BEST in Burst Limit. *Biased*
No lie, he is one of my favorite's to play as aside from Vegeta, Android 17 and Bardock. Tenshinhan is awesome in that game.

Anyway, Yamcha has gotta be playable, I don't see how he wouldn't.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 pm

hulkty wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:Yamcha was decent in Burst Limit, I liked the way he fought. Burst Limit was one of those few games where characters didn't feel all the same. He had a "Wolf Fang" fighting style which I thought was cool.
Tenshinhan was the BEST in Burst Limit. *Biased*
I found him to be the best represented in accordance to his fighting style, it was actually portayed correctly, far better then he was in any Spike game. Same goes for Saibaman in Burst limit, he actually fights the way he did in the show and felt less like a stock character.
I just hope Dimps remembers to maintain that detail and give characters the correct inerpretation of their varied styles and stances. I have yet to really see Goku fight in a way that really looks like Goku outside BT3.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:56 pm

I hope the next time we see a gameplay video, we see it from people who are actually pretty good at the game. I can see this game being pretty fast-paced and exciting. The developers just need to get a lot better at it :D

I was really doubting the game would be more than 2-player, pretty surprised that it sounds like they're actually considering it. I'd like to say that they were just saying what they said in order to keep us guessing, since they didn't confirm but merely said it was a possibility or something similar, but along with the screen shots it is seeming more and more possible. Not really pleased about this possibility tbh. If 2vs2 and the like does come into fruition, I reckon it will really hurt the playability of the game competitively. Might be a fun feature, but I feel there is a place for a feature like that, in games such as Zenkai Battle Royale (or crap like Battle of Z, god forgive me for mentioning it). Glad they at least said they are quite confident about the 1vs1 as of present, which likely means that they've placed most of their resources in the battle department into this mode of play.

I'm also pretty concerned about the possibility of "ki charging" in this game. Was actually pretty pleased by its apparent absence from the gameplay we've seen thus far, which I thought meant it wasn't present in this title at all. Watch some of the good gameplay videos of Xenoverse, and then watch any of RB2; you should find that Xenoverse is far faster paced, due to the lack of the constant stopping to charge up ki found in most commercial DB games. I'll admit Burst Limit was a bit broken, but I did prefer the system, it just needed a bit of tweaking. The developers said that they "were still working on this feature", implying that it may very well be present in the final product of the game. But it might also have meant that they were still considering how it should be implemented and/or whether they believed it would benefit the game, and may make a decision to keep it out of this title. Well I hope so, I'm liking what I've seen so far.

Edit: I really liked Burst Limit, was the first DBZ game from DIMPS to actually feel like DBZ IMO. They got rid of the generic punch/kick animations and strings, and gave everyone a unique style. It's been awhile, though Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist is most memorable for me. I'm hoping DIMPS find a way to make characters feel as authentic in Xenoverse as they did in Burst Limit.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

I think he looks really stupid with Red Hair. It was supposed to be the color of SSJ God.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I have a feeling this game will be fun from the rpg aspect to the extended multiplayer done with better function then battle of z had given us. If it includes multiplayer more then just 1v1 i feel it will be interesting and different then the budokai, tenkaichi, burst limit and raging blast that all already exists.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm

DonieZ wrote:I'm also pretty concerned about the possibility of "ki charging" in this game. Was actually pretty pleased by its apparent absence from the gameplay we've seen thus far, which I thought meant it wasn't present in this title at all. Watch some of the good gameplay videos of Xenoverse, and then watch any of RB2; you should find that Xenoverse is far faster paced, due to the lack of the constant stopping to charge up ki found in most commercial DB games. I'll admit Burst Limit was a bit broken, but I did prefer the system, it just needed a bit of tweaking. The developers said that they "were still working on this feature", implying that it may very well be present in the final product of the game. But it might also have meant that they were still considering how it should be implemented and/or whether they believed it would benefit the game, and may make a decision to keep it out of this title. Well I hope so, I'm liking what I've seen so far.
My most anticipated features I need to see retained is melee cancelling. Its the only thing that gave Dimps games the depth grossly thirsted for with DBZ games, I don't want to see the Tenkaichi style retained as so far impressioned with. I want to be assured Mix-ups, stuns and reasonable juggling are possible.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:47 pm

I know the game has not released yet but Do you think Bandai will keep Dimps making the Console games? Also what do you guys think what type of game is to come after Xenoverse? I think their going all out with this one so i dont see how they could top this in 2016/2017.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:05 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:I know the game has not released yet but Do you think Bandai will keep Dimps making the Console games? Also what do you guys think what type of game is to come after Xenoverse? I think their going all out with this one so i dont see how they could top this in 2016/2017.
"Dragon Ball Z For Kinect 2 exclusively for Xbox One" jk. lol

If Bandai Namco sees that Dragon Ball: Xenoverse does badly in sales they'll perhaps hire a different developer as if the issue were the developer.

From 2008 to 2015 (Xenoverse is a cross-gen game so it's in between the 7th and 8th gen)
2008: Dimps (Burst Limit - 360, PS3)
2009: Spike (Raging Blast - 360, PS3)
2010: Spike (Raging Blast 2 - 360, PS3)
2011: Spike (Ultimate Blast - 360, PS3)
2012: Spike (Ultimate Blast: Kinect Edt. - 360)
2014: Artdink (Battle of Z - 360, PS3)
2015: Dimps (Xenoverse - 360, PS3, PS4, XO)

Good god, this list of Dragon Ball (Z) games compared to the 6th gen (PS2/NGC) is pretty disappointing. :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:34 pm

With Burst limit still the highest selling game (excluding BT3) you would think Namco would bank on a sequel like most smart developers. Instead for whatever reason they keep trying to rebuild the failures.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Burst Limit is most likely didn't get a sequel because Dimps got busy with other projects and don't have the time to make a sequel. Namco Bandai felt like the game didn't turn out as they hope for and felt like sticking with Spike is easier because they are cheap as shit.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:15 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:With Burst limit still the highest selling game (excluding BT3) you would think Namco would bank on a sequel like most smart developers. Instead for whatever reason they keep trying to rebuild the failures.
Hopefully Burst Limit 2 is a Plan B in case the Tenkaichi styled games drop low enough in sales or the fans show lack of intrest of it. They have to switch it up for PS4/X1
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:43 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:Hopefully Burst Limit 2 is a Plan B in case the Tenkaichi styled games drop low enough in sales or the fans show lack of intrest of it. They have to switch it up for PS4/X1
By 2017/2018 it'll definitely be current-gen only so the past gen while still being supported by the popular third parties it'll lose from the not-so-big (Bandai Namco is kinda one of them). So if they make "Burst Limit 2" by then it will look absolutely stunning on PS4 (and maybe a PC release?).
Last edited by dbboxkaifan on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:I think he looks really stupid with Red Hair. It was supposed to be the color of SSJ God.

You know he can be a halfbreed. Trunks was half Saiyan and still had bluish/purple hair. Is it not possible his mother or father was simply a redhead?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm confused, in one interview it was stated that the game will only cover DBZ yet in a later interview they confirmed that the game will have characters from DB and GT, i hope this doesn't mean that there will be only a few DB and GT characters because of the story being based mainly on DBZ.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:29 pm

shadd21 wrote: i hope this doesn't mean that there will be only a few DB and GT characters because of the story being based mainly on DBZ.
They could easily include GT charecters justified through time travel or separate dimensions however i would predict the story would be mainly DBZ and only a few DB and GT charecters if any.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

Imagine if we're Tarble son.....

saberman90

Post by saberman90 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Flame Dragon wrote:I think he looks really stupid with Red Hair. It was supposed to be the color of SSJ God.

You know he can be a halfbreed. Trunks was half Saiyan and still had bluish/purple hair. Is it not possible his mother or father was simply a redhead?
Must be Goku and Suno's son from another timeline. :crazy:

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Imagine if we're Tarble son.....
Then we'd be a disgrace. Also, Table's son would have to be half... robot? Right?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:23 am

saberman90 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:

Must be Goku and Suno's son from another timeline. :crazy:
Who's Suno?