"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:06 pm

The Roshi glasses should be a reward for 100% completion of the game.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

CordonBloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by CordonBloo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Ryuman wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I saw someone point out that in this article it mentions "all" major races being playable (What the Hell does that mean?)
Also, it seems to mention online elements to the character creation mode: "he will be able to gather with other online players in the futuristic hub: Toki Toki City!"

Dragon Ball Online 2.0: Fighty fight game edition??
Yes all major races is dubious. Freeza's people are playable in DBH as are the Cell-type bio-androids, or at least one is, I don't know. If they make them playable they're gonna have to give some back-story with it because literally nothing is known about Freeza's people in the continuity that DBO and the manga went by, other than his father's 'clan' is the self proclaimed strongest in the galaxy.

Nothing else I can think of really strikes me as unique enough to warrant the time, like the Kaio-Shins, demons, random alien races, and then there are the 'weak' races like the Yardrat. Maybe it'll be something new we haven't seen before but have heard of like the metamors? Who knows, I could speculate for hours...
CORDON BLOO TO THE RESCOO!

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Very interesting to see the same characters of DBO in this game.
I think this Is the real future of what happens after DragonBall Z, and some things fit in DBGT/GTspecial And DBHeroes timeline.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Ah a DBZ game the catches my interest. Maybe they are taking the story Toriyama wanted for DBO(which I hear got cancelled) and putting it into Xenoverse with some changes.

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Guys what if that other character we got was another race. Since that other character looked a lot like whiss (sorry for the spelling) so maybe their is a god of destruction race. Let the speculations begin. :crazy:
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 pm

I'm not buying this game if everything requires online.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:29 pm

enjyu123 wrote:Guys what if that other character we got was another race. Since that other character looked a lot like Whis so maybe their is a god of destruction race. Let the speculations begin. :crazy:
I've already said it for pages now. The silhouette is most likely either the Kaiojikan (World King of Time), or a new villain in the vein of Towa and Miira.
I can pretty much promise you it's not a Hakaishin race...that's a job title, not a species.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Lol, I just came back from a break, and was bombarded by all this good news, so I'm sorry I took credit for your idea, great minds think alike. Also what has me going is that they said more races to come so that has to at least more than 2 otherwise they should have just showed all the races in one go. Or I could be wrong. :think:
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:59 pm

DIMPS, never leave us again!!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... for-it-you

Oh god, I love the girl with purple hair design and colors. :oops:
Wish that one was canon.

But It's hard to understand how some humans didn't get that the main red hair guy, was actually a custom character since the beginning.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:12 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:DIMPS, never leave us again!!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... for-it-you

Oh god, I love the girl with purple hair design and colors. :oops:
Wish that one was canon.

But It's hard to understand how some humans didn't get that the main red hair guy, was actually a custom character since the beginning.
Yeah it was really annoying seeing all the "SSJ GOD GOHAN/TRUNKS ZOMG"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Yeah, smaller versions of the artworks had been up on Kanzenshuu's news article since a little after the initial posting yesterday.

The "Future Warrior" really looked like a custom character and I assumed he would be. I just wanted to wait until we got proper confirmation before it started getting tossed around as a fact, especially in the Kanzenshuu community. Factual statements and sources. :thumbup:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:07 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I'm not buying this game if everything requires online.
I kinda want to say the same, but I know for a fact that I will probably end up getting it anyway if that is the case... and this is including the fact that I have done the same for Battle of Z just to trade it in a month later after my friends and I agreed to give up after nearly 100 percent completion
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:18 pm

CordonBloo wrote:Nothing else I can think of really strikes me as unique enough to warrant the time, like the Kaio-Shins, demons, random alien races, and then there are the 'weak' races like the Yardrat. Maybe it'll be something new we haven't seen before but have heard of like the metamors? Who knows, I could speculate for hours...
Freeza's clan doesnt necessarly need a backstory. It could just be said that they are estranged branches that rule other sectors of space as Cooler's movie implied, then knowing Freeza, Cooler and King Cold died, their reign fell apart. The younger varients of Freezas race could just be left over freelancers that are neutrally alined. Though it would be cool if a villain were to use the time machine to go back to the point where Freeza was about to fight Super Saiyan Goku and try to double team him for a plot.

As for "The main races" thing I still think its probably implying the ones from DBO as opposed to what we would assume. I hope its not just limited to 4. Humans and sayians are basically the same. There should be more variety. I want to be an old school Saiyan-armour character like Tarble. Not a 1/8th blood decendent. I hope they dont exclude DBH content.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:11 am

kazamino wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I'm not buying this game if everything requires online.
I kinda want to say the same, but I know for a fact that I will probably end up getting it anyway if that is the case... and this is including the fact that I have done the same for Battle of Z just to trade it in a month later after my friends and I agreed to give up after nearly 100 percent completion
The online play just doesn't fit my needs as a gamer. It isn't my style, anyway. The online for Budokai 3 was fun, but that was ten years ago and I was a teenager. The online stuff just doesn't fit Dragon Ball. The main focus for developers should be always on single-player mode as you can gain more and more appeal as you develop the game and flesh out a bit more. Just bring elements that are more interesting, e.g. adventure RPG. It's why The Old Republic bombed big time, while the original series was a huge success.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 am

I wonder if the game will carry RPG elements like Budokai 3. If it does, maybe there will be stat changes depending on the race of your custom character.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:13 am

There was online in Budokai 3?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:52 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I wonder if the game will carry RPG elements like Budokai 3. If it does, maybe there will be stat changes depending on the race of your custom character.
I hope the games storymode plays out like a storymode and not like one long mission mode like Shin Budokai / BoZ. That would kill the entire thing for me.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:06 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I wonder if the game will carry RPG elements like Budokai 3. If it does, maybe there will be stat changes depending on the race of your custom character.
And I sincerely hope if there is, it's not as unforgiving as Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi was.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:19 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote:There was online in Budokai 3?

Budokai 3 didn't have online, but Tenkaichi 3 (on the Wii) did.

Still, I wouldn't say online doesn't suit a DB game. DB is a fighting series, and as such it's games are mostly battle-type games. Besides FPS/MMOS, online fits those types of games best.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:08 am

Yeah the passwords hardly count as online. I do remember people had the most broke characters with their passwords :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/