"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If we get GT then I do think SSj4 Broli won't be that far off now. We got LSSj3 Broli in RB to promote Dragon Battlers.
An ssj3 broly special is in the game.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:00 pm

If they add SSj4 Broli and have SSj3 Vegeta return then I do hope they are transformations this time. I always hated how LSSj3 Broli and SSj3 Vegeta were there own characters in the RB games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:16 pm

On a 99th thought about the transformations i kinda find it cool now.

Now it feels like ssj is something in the game.
In tenkaichi 3 , rb and rb2 i only choosed ssj cuz of the diffrent ultimate atacks.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If they add SSj4 Broli and have SSj3 Vegeta return then I do hope they are transformations this time. I always hated how LSSj3 Broli and SSj3 Vegeta were there own characters in the RB games.
Dimps don't use transformations as characters like spike and artdink.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:39 pm

For once, I'd like to see Broli have his base state as well. If every Saiyan can get knocked out of Super Saiyan states, he should be no different. And Gogeta as well.

As far as 2v2 and 3v3? ...I'm not crazy about the idea. We've yet to see how well 1v1 will actually work and how polished it'll be in the final version, much less that fustercluck.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:35 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I think I remember it being said that the outfits that belong to actual characters couldn't be customized, but the beta was missing features for various things (like changing your character's skin tone or height). I'm not sure we can say for certain what we'll be allowed to do in the full version.
Do you mean you cant customize the default characters or Characters using default clothing cant edit them? if thats the case: that really sucks.....It makes no sense to want to use Goku's gi but forcing you to leave it orange.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Sergio put up a new video with all the costumes and accessories. For those who don't care to be spoiled... it's here. Tempting fate =)
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm fine with Broli not having his base form in the game possibly. He never fought in that forum and would be a waste of space. I wonder how GT will fit into the story mode if they are using ideas from DBO. Mixing GT and DBO seems like a bad idea.
She/Her

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm fine with Broli not having his base form in the game possibly. He never fought in that forum and would be a waste of space. I wonder how GT will fit into the story mode if they are using ideas from DBO. Mixing GT and DBO seems like a bad idea.
GT characters could be VS only, no cutscenes :P

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:55 pm

They can have GT be a side story. I mean AT views GT as a side story afterall ;).
She/Her

cesarcoronel07
Beyond Newbie

Post by cesarcoronel07 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:10 pm

I just want to say that XV's customization is going to make ultimate tenkaichi's customization look like trash! :o And this game is not even complete yet!

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:They can have GT be a side story. I mean AT views GT as a side story afterall ;).
Broly is a side story too, but still...
I think it wouldn't be a problem, cronologically is still after battle of gods event, they can use GT too as story I think...and if not, just give us the characters to use in duels :)
cesarcoronel07 wrote:I just want to say that XV's customization is going to make ultimate tenkaichi's customization look like trash! :o And this game is not even complete yet!
Gameplay too! Now let's hope for a big roster including GT and (why not) also first DB :D

cesarcoronel07
Beyond Newbie

Post by cesarcoronel07 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Drev wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:They can have GT be a side story. I mean AT views GT as a side story afterall ;).
Broly is a side story too, but still...
I think it wouldn't be a problem, cronologically is still after battle of gods event, they can use GT too as story I think...and if not, just give us the characters to use in duels :)
cesarcoronel07 wrote:I just want to say that XV's customization is going to make ultimate tenkaichi's customization look like trash! :o And this game is not even complete yet!
Gameplay too! Now let's hope for a big roster including GT and (why not) also first DB :D
I agree 100% :D

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Tsufuru wrote:On a 99th thought about the transformations i kinda find it cool now.

Now it feels like ssj is something in the game.
In tenkaichi 3 , rb and rb2 i only choosed ssj cuz of the diffrent ultimate atacks.
Exactly! That's the main reason why I'm defending the transformations in this , and people wanna say it's not really source material. Fine, SS forms lasts longer than that but they need to be faster, and it seems that this game's doing that.

Heck, even Artdink knows how to make a SSJ form feel like a SSJ form, and their game didn't have transformations.
DarkPrince_92 wrote:Sergio put up a new video with all the costumes and accessories. For those who don't care to be spoiled... it's here. Tempting fate =)
Shit, so that guy thinks he's Neo by doing all that hacking stuff, huh? Normally I do see what's hacked in DBZ games, since I know what would be there, but NOT this one, because it's something new and innovative that can't be spoiled!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:36 pm

The customization is amazing. It sounds like we can just create the characters that are not playable.

Also, I kinda hate the fact the Sergio doesn't just post a text file somewhere with all the information he founds. I really don't like having to go through the videos. :/
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Wobbuffet wrote:
Also, I kinda hate the fact the Sergio doesn't just post a text file somewhere with all the information he founds. I really don't like having to go through the videos. :/
And IT'S BETTER THAT WAY!! :lol:
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:36 am

Rukura wrote:For once, I'd like to see Broli have his base state as well. If every Saiyan can get knocked out of Super Saiyan states, he should be no different. And Gogeta as well.

As far as 2v2 and 3v3? ...I'm not crazy about the idea. We've yet to see how well 1v1 will actually work and how polished it'll be in the final version, much less that fustercluck.

I'm not worried about 2v2 or 3v3 at all. You always have the option of 1v1, and the other battles didn't look chaotic and crazy to me at all. I just like having the option to have multiple people in battle. The co-op looks to very fun, I just hope the AI is challenging.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:12 am

You know, looking through the costume video, there is honestly some really interesting stuff in the game if this is all legit. More than just the DBO concepts that are being revived, we're getting some more honestly new content. Like the Namekian outfit that says it was once worn by Kattatsu for example. We now have 90% of a design for Kami/Piccolo's father.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:48 am

I see a lot of negative reactions to this game. It really surprises me because on the surface it appears to have everything I could have asked for and more. I'm really excited and its looking very fun based on what I've seen on YouTube.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:49 am

In the comment section of the costume video he said the character roster is in the 60s so that's over 35 characters unconfirmed.

So this is what it could and probably will look like :
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.