"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by omegalucas » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:41 am

I'm thinking the 'name scene' mentioned in the Beerus & Whis scan is the one where Goku introduces himself to Beerus (or, as Chuquita calls it, the '-desu' scene). :wink:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

P5BLDV
Not-So-Newbie

Post by P5BLDV » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:02 pm

DonieZ wrote:
P5BLDV wrote: Link me a great gameplay video non-beta that you enjoyed (or if beta then short). I'm getting tired on waiting on Dimps to show us they can choreograph a good fight, they're meant to be the creators of the damn game so show us how it's done.
You should know better Donie. I understand you want to see the best possible version of the game played in a good way but that won't happen for a long time. Luffy broke the game down so we know it won't be shallow.

For now you'll have to endure mindless goons spamming supers repeatedly.
dbboxkaifan wrote:If you were part of the Network Test you'd know this game is worth waiting for and getting new updates about it is rather interesting because it's been seven years since we actually got a proper quality Dragon Ball game for the home consoles.
Don't get me wrong, the game is good, I did play it. It's just that, I've been asking/hoping for a new 3D style fighter done right, differently to Tenkaichi/RB, for a long time, and it just doesn't meet my vision. And I know I'm not the one making the game, but sometimes, don't you just wish you are![/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aio1S09 ... icoilY_lBQ

This is an example of combos possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tzxrkV ... icoilY_lBQ

http://monkeydvegetto.tumblr.com/post/9 ... anics-v2-0

And this is all about the general mechanics and how the neutral game works. The game is weird as hell and we have barely ever seen it played competently. And 1P vs the CPU still doesn't count. We haven't seen PvP at high level so we don't know what this game looks like with 2 good players going at it.

We also know beans about what most of the roster can do. The argument I submit to you is this. The game is built nothing like BT/RB. Wait until after release and see what you think about it until then.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Wait a second... wasn't it said in interview a few days ago that movie characters wouldn't be in the story mode, yet Beerus and Whis are confirmed to be playable. Hmm... :think:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Wait a second... wasn't it said in interview a few days ago that movie characters wouldn't be in the story mode, yet Beerus and Whis are confirmed to be playable. Hmm... :think:
Despite BOG being a movie, it has been cited time and time again as a continuation of the manga. To sum up, BOG IS the manga, just animated and now drawn. The upcoming film will be as well. As far as authenticity goes, BOG is on the same level as manga events.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 pm

To add to what Kental said, there's also every chance that we could have movie characters in the game, that'll be playable, but won't take part in the story mode. They also said that the story only covers Z, but we know of at least two GT characters (SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta), so...yeah.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:To add to what Kental said, there's also every chance that we could have movie characters in the game, that'll be playable, but won't take part in the story mode. They also said that the story only covers Z, but we know of at least two GT characters (SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta), so...yeah.
GT may end up just being bonus parallel missions, which I hope not because id love to see a fleshed out story mode for GT. I mean even the Tenkaichi games pulled that off rather well. So hopefully we get Bebi, the Evil Dragons, SSJ4 Gogeta, etc. Anything that would help warrant a flesh out section for GT.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:To add to what Kental said, there's also every chance that we could have movie characters in the game, that'll be playable, but won't take part in the story mode. They also said that the story only covers Z, but we know of at least two GT characters (SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta), so...yeah.
Isn't SS4 Vegeta a pre-order? If that's so, then I don't think we will see him in story mode. I guess the SS4 will be more like extras.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:39 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Isn't SS4 Vegeta a pre-order? If that's so, then I don't think we will see him in story mode. I guess the SS4 will be more like extras.
That's what I meant though - just because the story mode will apparently only cover DBZ, that's no guarantee we won't see some characters from GT, the movies, or maybe even DB, just as playable characters to be unlocked - especially since we already know of two GT characters in the game for sure.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 pm

i hope the oozaru is not just a boss battle character and not playable.

i dont know if its just me but how they worded everything on that scan and that he will be in story mode and parrallel quests i think greate apes are only boss battles sadly.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Wait a second... wasn't it said in interview a few days ago that movie characters wouldn't be in the story mode, yet Beerus and Whis are confirmed to be playable. Hmm... :think:
Who said they would be in the story mode?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Tsufuru wrote:i hope the oozaru is not just a boss battle character and not playable.

i dont know if its just me but how they worded everything on that scan and that he will be in story mode and parrallel quests i think greate apes are only boss battles sadly.
They said custom SSJ4's were currently impossible because it would require going Oozaru. I would assume they intend to make Oozaru unplayable and instead be boss battles only.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:52 pm

I hope Boss battles aren't gonna be exclusive to giant characters again.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Bullza wrote:I hope Boss battles aren't gonna be exclusive to giant characters again.
Cutscenes have shown we will be tangling with Freeza, Cell, and Buu. We'll get our boss battles.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Posting that again since it ended up in the end of the previous page:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, since I wasn't keeping up with the news this past month, can someone confirm if this list of confirmed characters is correct? My source is the DBWikia by the way, so I don't expect it to be 100% correct.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

American Pelican
Not-So-Newbie

Post by American Pelican » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:New? They're not even new any more. They are current-gen consoles.
"New consoles" is probably a much less ambiguous term to use at this stage.
Beat it! And take your planet with you!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Edited the list, based on what we know. "Characters" with 3 letter codes, like OBB, are currently unknown.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:46 pm

When was Super Saiyan God Goku confirmed?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:49 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Edited the list, based on what we know...
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Cool. So, Freeza's & Cell's forms are separate characters? :wtf:

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:52 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Cool. So, Freeza's & Cell's forms are separate characters? :wtf:
It would make the most sense.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

American Pelican
Not-So-Newbie

Post by American Pelican » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Edited the list, based on what we know...
Great Saiyaman can also go on that list now.

And although they aren't confirmed, you can also probably expect:
Given how accurate that Sergio guy's data has been so far.
Saiga wrote:When was Super Saiyan God Goku confirmed?
It hasn't.
Beat it! And take your planet with you!