"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:56 pm

Well, here's mine!

Also this one! :lol:
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:00 am

Paid my preordered copy for $28.29! Plus I saw a few guys, along with a gamestop employee playing a demo in Gamestop. I wish I had a video to show yall. :thumbup:
DarkPrince_92 wrote: You seriously cannot run through this story without doing a huge number of parallel quests. Giynu smoked me at one point.
People are at the Ginyu saga already? Wow. For me, I'm stuck on the Nappa fight, he keeps whooping my ass in the third round. So for now on I'ma just keep on doing Parralel Quests until I boost up my health and ki.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:03 am

I'm stuck at the part where I switched bodies with Ginyu and have to fight all of Freeza's henchmen in his spaceship cuz my partners keep dying.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Psycho50501
Beyond Newbie

Post by Psycho50501 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:05 am

Here is mine until I get some of trunks and Vegeta stuff unlocked....

Second Attire:

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:05 am

At what point is the second custom character unlockable?

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:08 am

Oh yeah, did anyone see a purple male majin character dressed as Beerus around the city? That made me laugh! :lol:
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Psycho50501
Beyond Newbie

Post by Psycho50501 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:10 am

Careless Saiyajin wrote:At what point is the second custom character unlockable?

From the video I was watching after you beat the game the first time.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:13 am

What's the best growth path? is going balanced in all stats worth it?. By the way how do I get cool clothes and techniqus? I can't live by the galick gun forever!
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Psycho50501
Beyond Newbie

Post by Psycho50501 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:20 am

Black_Liger wrote:What's the best growth path? is going balanced in all stats worth it?. By the way how do I get cool clothes and techniqus? I can't live by the galick gun forever!
You gotta keep checking the shops... I keep going there hoping vegetas clothes will pop up.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:18 am

So those who have played it: Is it worth going in and grabbing at release price?

I haven't done that since Raging Blast 2, and have been scarred a little by Ultimate Tenkaichi, but am considering grabbing it tomorrow.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:22 am

How do I bring Vegeta? Also got the game a day early and have nearly completed it story wise...no spoils. Never mind.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:23 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:So those who have played it: Is it worth going in and grabbing at release price?

I haven't done that since Raging Blast 2, and have been scarred a little by Ultimate Tenkaichi, but am considering grabbing it tomorrow.
Short answer:

YES!!

When I played it, I was like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvTn8Qp8FAU#t=705.

Best DBZ game in a looonng time!
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:25 am

Gonna re-post this since the game's out now.
Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Ok, I'm guessing this is unlikely, but is there a way to have JP voices for the cast, but use the English CaC voices? I would REALLY like to use Takahata's voice.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:42 am

I haven't figured out how to take a screen capture on my PS3, but I guess for now here's the picture of my CaC using my Android phone.

Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 am

Another question, should I just go to whathever master is available, say, Vegeta is not advancing with his classes, Piccolo is there, I start being Piccolo's student. Does that mean that whenever something is available with Vegeta, he'd just pop out with another master dialog so I can continue? Cuz it's been a while and he's not giving me any classes XD I'm getting real desperate, his armor is not even available for buying.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:50 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I haven't figured out how to take a screen capture on my PS3, but I guess for now here's the picture of my CaC using my Android phone.

Go to settings in PS3. should be second column on the left. It teaches you. But you gotta find it.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:09 am

Do people who pre-ordered the digital copy of the game not get SSJ4 Vegeta and the Saiyan armors?
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:12 am

Playing it, music sounds Takaki-ish!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:14 am

SaiyanZ wrote:Do people who pre-ordered the digital copy of the game not get SSJ4 Vegeta and the Saiyan armors?
You get them.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:15 am

Has anyone one try to create characters from other franchises yet?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/