"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Zelvin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Dyno wrote:You guys don't train and put the blame on other characters... :problem:
I'm Lv. 54 or so last time I noticed, and I'm holding my own against the Soldiers all by myself while Bardock stands there and gets potshotted by the three I can't take care of and doesn't really do anything. By the time I've killed ten, I'm lucky if he's killed one. I blame his crappy AI. :P
I'm lv71 and I haven't even gotten all the time shards yet to even unlock those storylines. No matter how many times I get S and Z ranked on the appropriate PQ's, not getting the shards I need.
BobZ wrote:Has anyone passed the training with Krillin? I'm stuck at the last bit and have no idea what to do (I might have missed something, to be honest).

Do I need to give him an item or something?
Is it the Final mission from him or did he tell you to go get him something? The final mission I think is just finishing him off with the Orin Combo.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:05 pm

Zelvin wrote:
BobZ wrote:Has anyone passed the training with Krillin? I'm stuck at the last bit and have no idea what to do (I might have missed something, to be honest).

Do I need to give him an item or something?
Is it the Final mission from him or did he tell you to go get him something? The final mission I think is just finishing him off with the Orin Combo.
Actually, just mastered his Ultimate. It happened randomly after a PQ - he just told me to fight one last time with him and finish him off with the Destructo Disc.

Now, I'm training with Cell! :mrgreen:

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Just beat the Boo arc. GAH. This game is so fun!! I had to give the Super Saiyan squirts a go, so I ran off and did a quick little match between Goten and Trunks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=901frtaxFKo
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Finally got home to my main rig today and gave the game a go at 4K. Uh... yeah, it's bugged.

At 4K, the aura and ki effects vanish making it so hard to determine what on earth is happening at times.

You can see just how hard it is to determine where people are, what's hitting you and what you're hitting without the visual feedback - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-fB5p20aI

I look so lost at the start trying to work out what the hell is happening. :lol:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Okay, so I'm pretty sure I unlocked "Victory Cannnon" from having Gotenks as a master, and I don't see it in my skill list or in the shop... the hell is going on?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Does anyone know how do you unlock kaioken in this game? i already did the first nappa mission and collected the material and didnt get any kaioken techniques,or do you suppost to do some kind of different mission?
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:41 pm

May as well post a pic of my weak Saiyan on Steam.

Got a cool human and a cute Majin girl on the XBone, but I'll just post pics of them later on.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Buu saga fight with Mira is a bitch. The first 2 fights against him are more or less straight forward.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Blade wrote:Buu saga fight with Mira is a bitch. The first 2 fights against him are more or less straight forward.
Yeah, he blocks like a motherfucker. :D However, once you manage to take out almost half of his HP, he starts to lose power and back down. It's relatively easier from there on.

Make sure you have healing items on you just in case, though.

I'm about to try and beat the 6 Fat Buu pieces of crap again now. Wish me luck! XD

EDIT: FUCK. This fight is impossible. The first bit is okay but after that you have to beat, like, at least six more Buus... yeah, that's bullshit.
Jesus Christ, who designed this level?! :x

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Okay, I love the game, but there are a few flaws that are very frustrating. Here's everything I have to say about everything:

- The story fight against Freezer with everyone was tough, I had to try four times to make it through. Hadn't trained though, I started training with Parallel Quests only when reaching the Cell Saga.

- The story mission of Super Saiyan 3 Goku VS Majin Boo got be scared, I was never ending, I thought I would have to try a second time! Tense!

- The story mission against the Gods require to stop and train, but that's to be expected given who they are, so no hard feelings there.

- The story mission with Bardack is ridiculous: you can be as powerful as you want, you'll likely still lose given the conditions of the mission! I was maximum level, and had to call Shenron to redistribute my skill points to make it through (I had made an evolution mistake all the way through). Still barely made it through. They ask you to succeed something for which you can't do anything against failure. Just be lucky, somehow.

- This is a major problem linked to this mission and others: you cannot cure your allies, even with items meant to cure them. What kind of mission is this?! "Take care of your ally! By the way, there's no way you can take care of him! You cannot cure him! You cannot prevent enemies from hitting him cause there's too many at the same time all over the place! Good luck!"

- This is another major problem: solo Parallel Quests (understand: no allies) given by characters in Tokitoki are way too hard. When you're alone, nothing prevents your opponents to gang up on you until you die, spamming you with specials and ultimates all together (they've got infinite gauges that you can't see of course). What are you supposed to do when every single action will be punished since they all attack you AT ALL TIMES?! Either allow allies or don't program the AI to spam you (especially with beams and ultimates). You put a "no allies" mission or a "opponents spam you like hell" mission, but you don't put the two together, it can just leave you to watch a full gauge being emptied before you could actually move again. Still another mission I can't do with maximum level AND four cure items.
The number of stars is a lie: you can single-handedly win all maximum-stars missions, and keep failing at a five or six stars mission at maximum level because you're on your own and the opponents are all on you, spamming you at all times.

- The Dragon Balls are quick to gather in less than an hour when you know the trick (found it online, didn't find it out by myself!). So it's cool.

- Maximum is Level 80. Didn't expect that, I thought it would go until Level 100.

- The story was already cool to begin with, but it got more fascinating after the Boo arc. Both in the story and out of the story, I love how Beerus and Whis were handle: they are the most powerful warriors so far in the franchise, and they are treated as such. If they get KO-ed, Beerus just decides to stop fighting and sleep right now since he had enough fun, and Whis just pretends he got defeated because he doesn't want to fight anymore. I like how the two will banter when in the same team: Whis will go "Oh my gosh. I've been defeated." and Beerus will reply "Terrible acting there. Laziness at its finest, congrats Whis!"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Cold Skin wrote:The Dragon Balls are quick to gather in less than an hour when you know the trick (found it online, didn't find it out by myself!). So it's cool.
Assuming you don't know a trick that I'm already trying, that still depends greatly on luck and might take more than an hour. Just in case it is a new trick though...well, what's the trick? :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Finally got the 100X Big Bang Kamehameha!

It's about damn time!
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:27 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:Does anyone know how do you unlock kaioken in this game? i already did the first nappa mission and collected the material and didnt get any kaioken techniques,or do you suppost to do some kind of different mission?
Shortly into the story, Kaioken is buyable at the Skill Shop. Maybe after the Freeza Saga? Or a little earlier.
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Quick question. If you ask Shenlong to reset your stats, do you lose all your stat points or do you keep them all and can redistribute them the way you want instantly.

Also, here the first impression of Dragon Ball Xenoverse on PC

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Quick question. If you ask Shenlong to reset your stats, do you lose all your stat points or do you keep them all and can redistribute them the way you want instantly.

Also, here the first impression of Dragon Ball Xenoverse on PC
You get all the points you have had, and can redistribute them as you please. I already did that once to make my character broken in PVE.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Just made that wish, where should I put my stats in?
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm

So far my biggest problem with the game is the random difficulty. I know I pretty much suck, but c'mon. Some story missions are super easy and other are punishing as hell even after hours of grinding... so unbalanced. :|

Not to mention that you can't even change the difficulty settings. Patch this shit up, Dimps!

Other than that, this is the most fun I've had with a Dragon Ball game EVER! The story mode is so amazing too!

Maybe if we get a sequel, things will get better. I mean, they have to.

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:45 pm

You know something is wrong when I can beat Super Buu with ease yet I can't even complete most of the Cell arc PQs. :crazy:

I'm going to grind my heart out to get to level 80. Then I might be able to unlock SS2.
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Hmm. Not ready to try and tackle it yet, but I just collected my last Time Chasm shard. Also need to collect 8 more Dragon Balls to get the last two wish GT characters. Other than that, it's basically just doing the PQs to unlock the rest of the roster. :/

Is there a list of what PQs unlock what characters/costumes?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:52 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Just made that wish, where should I put my stats in?
If you want to be broken and are Saiyan, put all 100 in Super Striker or Super Blast. I did Super Blast and I wreck everything in PVE.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!