"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:13 pm

songohan619 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:So watching the credits, I noticed Laura Bailey didn't contribute to Gotenks. It was Kara Edwards and Alexis Tipton.
Who is Alexis Tipton?
Alexis Tipton is an American voice actress for Funimation. She has provided voices for a number of English-language versions of Japanese anime films and television series as well as music vocals for character songs and a handful of trailers. Alexis is also a veteran of the stage and has been involved in theatre for over a decade.

Tipton's best known lead roles in voice acting include: Mizuki Himeji in Baka and Test,[1] Emi Kizaki in Linebarrels of Iron, Musubi in Sekirei, Yomi Isayama in Ga-Rei: Zero, Moka Akashiya from Rosario + Vampire, Saya Kisaragi in Blood-C, Inori Yuzuriha in Guilty Crown, Rika Shiguma in Haganai and Julia Crichton in Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Why does she play Gotenks with Kara Edwards?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:33 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm convinced that's what I'm going to have to do, is waste a wish (even though I still need Omega Shenron) to re-distribute my points to make my character a TANK in certain areas, while having little to nothing in others, if I'm ever going to be able to beat that freaking Bardock fight. And then possibly waste another wish just re-setting him back how I'd like him.
I'm not really ready to tackle the mission yet, but I have tried it. Despite not being strong enough (or having any attacks that are helpful against multiple enemies), I've made it to the Freeza portion basically just using melee. I find it's very helpful to focus on only one soldier for the length of one combo, then switch your target. It allows you to inflict damage on multiple enemies (weakening them incase they do go after Bardock) and tends to make them keep their focus on you...which can be very bad for you, because you are almost always getting caught in throws or ki barrages, but it keeps them off Bardock.

If anyone on PS3 wants to lend a useful ultimate that hits multiple opponents though, feel free to add me. PSN is Dante_Koriyu (I think, I haven't even needed to know it for so long). :P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm convinced that's what I'm going to have to do, is waste a wish (even though I still need Omega Shenron) to re-distribute my points to make my character a TANK in certain areas, while having little to nothing in others, if I'm ever going to be able to beat that freaking Bardock fight. And then possibly waste another wish just re-setting him back how I'd like him.
I'm not really ready to tackle the mission yet, but I have tried it. Despite not being strong enough (or having any attacks that are helpful against multiple enemies), I've made it to the Freeza portion basically just using melee. I find it's very helpful to focus on only one soldier for the length of one combo, then switch your target. It allows you to inflict damage on multiple enemies (weakening them incase they do go after Bardock) and tends to make them keep their focus on you...which can be very bad for you, because you are almost always getting caught in throws or ki barrages, but it keeps them off Bardock.

If anyone on PS3 wants to lend a useful ultimate that hits multiple opponents though, feel free to add me. PSN is Dante_Koriyu (I think, I haven't even needed to know it for so long). :P
While it isn't a ult, Cell's All Clear does a good job hitting multiple enemies. You do a clean swipe to the right and can hit as many as 5-6 enemies at once with it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Just beat the story for the first time! Wow that was so fun and I feel like I have so much more to do! I also want to play through the story with new customs and what not.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:55 pm

I know this may seem like the dumbest question to ever ask but... does becoming a SSJ, or even SSJ2, boost you melee power and ki attacks power? Or it is simply a aesthetic feature?

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I know this may seem like the dumbest question to ever ask but... does becoming a SSJ, or even SSJ2, boost you melee power and ki attacks power? Or it is simply a aesthetic feature?
I don't believe we have the math on what the numerical bonuses are, but yes, there are stat upgrades to the transformation. The downside is that when the transformation runs out you have zero ki or stamina and it takes time for those to recover.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:01 pm

All I have to say is that ssj 1 seemed much more beneficial for me even with the maximum charge skill, but this all depends on your stats and gameplay style I suppose.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I know this may seem like the dumbest question to ever ask but... does becoming a SSJ, or even SSJ2, boost you melee power and ki attacks power? Or it is simply a aesthetic feature?
SSJ1-2 - Melee

Super Vegeta 1-2 - Ki
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Please someone help me with combos for the saiyan, i dont want this gameplay to feel repetitive, i'm already using a certain + hit combo over and over, explain to me some strategies and styles please, Thanks!
Also one more thing, the item which Vegeta asks you to get is in one of the earlier PQ's, i kept grinding, but is still didn't get it, its called "I'm the strongest......" (can't remember the last few words :oops: )
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:44 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Also one more thing, the item which Vegeta asks you to get is in one of the earlier PQ's, i kept grinding, but is still didn't get it, its called "I'm the strongest......" (can't remember the last few words :oops: )
Keep going. I spent an hour trying to get it yesterday and then hopped on today and got it after two tries. It's definitely one of my biggest criticisms. RNG shouldn't play a factor into getting items like this.

Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Beat the main story and all the PQs. Got my main at Lvl 77 and my new character "Majin Guun" up to 15 doing the "Broly... Dragonball hunt or whatever" mission. It's Dragon Ball hunting time. I'm on a mission to get Super 17, and Omega.

Question, do they come in one wish? Or do I have to wish for the same thing twice?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:49 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Also one more thing, the item which Vegeta asks you to get is in one of the earlier PQ's, i kept grinding, but is still didn't get it, its called "I'm the strongest......" (can't remember the last few words :oops: )
Keep going. I spent an hour trying to get it yesterday and then hopped on today and got it after two tries. It's definitely one of my biggest criticisms. RNG shouldn't play a factor into getting items like this.
is it a pickup? (those things you press circle/b when standing over them in PQ's?)
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:50 pm

So, just noticed that I had the SSJ4 Vegeta download code in my box. I didn't pre-order or anything, so it looks like Gamestop messed up :D
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:So, just noticed that I had the SSJ4 Vegeta download code in my box. I didn't pre-order or anything, so it looks like Gamestop messed up :D
You lucky :D
I waited Days for my codes to be emailed, the store was out of Day One editions :lol:
SS4 Vegeta is a Beast :twisted:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm so conflicted. The exclusive clothes of Freeza's race favor physical attacks but I've built my fighter to be a long ranged attacker. Ah, what to do.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:53 pm

quick question, when i wish for changing the look of my character do the saved slots(character select screen) also change the look?

cuz if its possible i want to make freezer's races 1st form, 2nd form etc.

also does it only bother me that the original character outfit's color cant be changed?
it would have been sooo much better.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Tsufuru wrote:quick question, when i wish for changing the look of my character do the saved slots(character select screen) also change the look?

cuz if its possible i want to make freezer's races 1st form, 2nd form etc.

also does it only bother me that the original character outfit's color cant be changed?
it would have been sooo much better.
Clothes that have a rainbow colored icon, and your starting clothes, can all have their color changed.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:02 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Question, do they come in one wish? Or do I have to wish for the same thing twice?
One wish for each.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:06 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:So, just noticed that I had the SSJ4 Vegeta download code in my box. I didn't pre-order or anything, so it looks like Gamestop messed up :D
You lucky :D
I waited Days for my codes to be emailed, the store was out of Day One editions :lol:
SS4 Vegeta is a Beast :twisted:
Oh man :(
I was promised a code, but didnt get it...