"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jaetinh
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Jaetinh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:45 pm

The server/my connection is killing me. EVERY TIME I do the Online PQ 4-star mission "Earth in Danger!" and enter the first portal, I disconnect. It has happened 5 times now.. it's impossible for me to do that parallel quest offline by myself.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Just wondering if this is right for a level 36 male Saiyan.
Health: 15
Ki: 13
Stamina: 20
Attack: 22
Strike Supers: 26
Ki Blast Supers: 9

I'm thinking of getting the Dragon Balls to redistribute my attributes.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:54 pm

SSJGFrieza wrote:Just wondering if this is right for a level 36 male Saiyan.
Health: 15
Ki: 13
Stamina: 20
Attack: 22
Strike Supers: 26
Ki Blast Supers: 9

I'm thinking of getting the Dragon Balls to redistribute my attributes.
I tried playing with a balanced character, but it's useless for the harder missions. You're gonna need to pour most of your points into Ki Blast Supers, so you can spam them in SSJ mode and do considerable damage. That's the only way I was able to beat some of the harder story and PQ missions. That, plus playing with other people online (for the PQs).

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Being balanced is the worst way you can go sadly...

I went:
  • 13 Health
  • 13 Ki
  • 10 Stamina
  • 95 Basic Attacks
  • 6 Strike Supers
  • 100 Ki Blast Supers
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Finally beat the story-
And there's lots of stuff from Dragonball Online that hasn't even been implemented. I really hope a sequel comes out

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Sergio has something interesting to show us.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:42 pm

She is hot in there. :P

Well, if it isn't a mod...

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Is it me, or does the PS3 netcode suck really bad? Like, it never lags so to speak like other fighting games do, BUT IT SKIPS SO MUCH FRAMES, combos that should work don't, characters can jump out of a string that they shouldn't be able to, a sudden melee clash happens during a string and sometimes super attacks connect when the animation's already finished, It's just wierd and hilarious in a bad way.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

SergioM3

Post by SergioM3 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Quebaz wrote:Is it me, or does the PS3 netcode suck really bad? Like, it never lags so to speak like other fighting games do, BUT IT SKIPS SO MUCH FRAMES, combos that should work don't, characters can jump out of a string that they shouldn't be able to, a sudden melee clash happens during a string and sometimes super attacks connect when the animation's already finished, It's just wierd and hilarious in a bad way.
That's not PS3 :)
It's the game really... this is one of the reasons PVP doesn't work! I hope they fix it!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Quebaz wrote:Is it me, or does the PS3 netcode suck really bad? Like, it never lags so to speak like other fighting games do, BUT IT SKIPS SO MUCH FRAMES, combos that should work don't, characters can jump out of a string that they shouldn't be able to, a sudden melee clash happens during a string and sometimes super attacks connect when the animation's already finished, It's just wierd and hilarious in a bad way.
Or if you're 20 ft to the right a Super Kamehameha you still get "hit" by it. Sidestepping is not the way, I'm on PS4 btw. It might just be the game.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 pm

This game is an absolute bitch to buy an Australia. It's completely out of stock where I live at Big W, EB Games, JB Hi-fi, Kmart and Target. I had to drive an hour away to a different EB Games store where I got the last copy. The game's even been taken off of the JB Hi-fi website for Xbox One versions of the game. What a nightmare, just wanted to give my fellow Aussies a warning about this since the same thing happened with Raging Blast 2.

Yikes.
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Just for full disclosure, I'm not the one that discovered that trick about searching for a room online for a PQ you can't seem to beat alone, I was just parroting what was told to me by someone else on this very board. :mrgreen:

In other news -
TheGameTagerZ wrote:Image
So apparently the only Xenoverse bonus is Goku's outfit from the movie? That's kind of disappointing. I was figuring it'd be a new Goku with that outfit, plus outfit for our characters, a new Vegeta for that outfit, plus that outfit for our characters, Golden Freeza (whether that'd be a new outfit for Freeza or an entirely new character I don't know), and Super Saiyan God Vegeta (again, if that really is gonna be a thing) at the very least.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:11 pm

So apparently the only Xenoverse bonus is Goku's outfit from the movie? That's kind of disappointing. I was figuring it'd be a new Goku with that outfit, plus outfit for our characters, a new Vegeta for that outfit, plus that outfit for our characters, Golden Freeza (whether that'd be a new outfit for Freeza or an entirely new character I don't know), and Super Saiyan God Vegeta (again, if that really is gonna be a thing) at the very least.
:eh: Are you joking? You think 3-4 new characters/variations and 3 new costumes would be given out in a promotional pamphlet?

Goku's new costume for a CaC is about what I'd expect.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:13 pm

How do you change the skills for all of the characters (not customs).

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Saiga wrote: :eh: Are you joking? You think 3-4 new characters/variations and 3 new costumes would be given out in a promotional pamphlet?

Well, it makes sense. I mean, since they haven't given us any Battle of Gods outfits for any other characters in this game, I'm not exactly expecting Cop Kuririn to get in or anything like that. So that sounds like the exact amount of material I could expect them to add i - ...Oh.

If they give it away in a phamplet, they wouldn't be able to charge for it later as DLC as easily. Well played, Bandai. Well played.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Careless Saiyajin wrote:How do you change the skills for all of the characters (not customs).
Again, you don't. You can choose the alternate oufits using R1/L1 to toggle between them in which each outfit has their own set of skills but you can't actually edit which skills go in which outfit, so no Super Saiyan for Cell-Arc/Buu Arc Goku, no Galick Gun for Cell Arc Vegeta, etc.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Saiga wrote: :eh: Are you joking? You think 3-4 new characters/variations and 3 new costumes would be given out in a promotional pamphlet?

Well, it makes sense. I mean, since they haven't given us any Battle of Gods outfits for any other characters in this game, I'm not exactly expecting Cop Kuririn to get in or anything like that. So that sounds like the exact amount of material I could expect them to add i - ...Oh.

If they give it away in a phamplet, they wouldn't be able to charge for it later as DLC as easily. Well played, Bandai. Well played.
They could easily charge for it as DLC because this pamphlet is so limited. That's simply too much content and they would likely spend some actual time working on what we get as DLC.

Maybe Goku and Vegeta will just get costume variants, but I fully expect God Freeza to be a separate character with a completely new moveset. They could have made SS4 Goku/Vegeta variations but they have their own combos and position on the character select screen. Hell God Goku didn't even have unique supers and he's not a variation.

And if Goku and Vegeta show anything remotely new, they're bound to get that in the game. So it won't be something that can just be thrown into this pamphlet.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:22 pm

True enough. I guess I was overestimating what all they might know about the movie before the rest of us too.

That and there's no guarantee that anything the phamplet gives - mainly this of course - will even be offered after the fact or to western audiences anyway. I figure it will, but that's not the same as a guarantee by any means.

I also notice there's no listing of Steam either, just PS3, PS4, 360, and One. Is Steam not a thing in Japan?
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:True enough. I guess I was overestimating what all they might know about the movie before the rest of us too.

That and there's no guarantee that anything the phamplet gives - mainly this of course - will even be offered after the fact or to western audiences anyway. I figure it will, but that's not the same as a guarantee by any means.
That second issue is also why I'm okay with this. If it remains exclusive the movie, at least we don't miss out on something huge. :P

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:52 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Finally beat the story-
And there's lots of stuff from Dragonball Online that hasn't even been implemented. I really hope a sequel comes out